Sign in to follow this  
Flengin

Calling all new forum posters!!!

Posted (edited)

Look around, we're lookin' round, see a lot of new faces.

(Laughter)

QUIET!!!!

It means a lot of people have been breaking the first two rules of Fight Ships! I mean Armada Club...

I mean...

Nevermind....

Anyway, I've noticed a lot of new faces around here, so I thought I'd redo this old post.  If you're new to these forums (read: made your first post in the last 6 months), here's a chance to introduce yourself and let us know a little about yourselves.

Things to include:

City and country you play in.

When you played your first game.

When you started collecting.

How long you've been reading these forums.

What drew you in.

Anything else interesting.

I'll start.

First game: January 2016

Started collecting: March 2016

How long reading the forums: February 2016

What drew me in: I'm a Warhammer Fantasy Refugee.  It plays very similar without WHFB's weaknesses.

Edited by Flengin

15 hours ago, Flengin said:

Things to include:

City and country you play in.

When you played your first game.

When you started collecting.

How long you've been reading these forums.

What drew you in.

Anything else interesting.

Previously San Diego, CA, USA. Soon Yokosuka, Japan  

First game: Jan? Of 2017 in Okinawa, Japan. 

Started collecting: About Dec 2016, but it really got serious in 2018 after moving to San Diego and doing a tournament. 

Been reading these forums for a year or two. 

What drew me in? Saw someone doing a demo at a “comic con” in Okinawa. Been hooked ever since. 

Posted (edited)

I'm in Cochise County, Arizona. 

I played my first game days after the initial release. 

Started collecting at the very beginning, so I've got multiples of everything except the AF, Pelta, Chimaera, and SSD.  Only one of each of those. 

I started on the forums a few months ago, at the urging of my friend and regular opponent, @AdmiralCalkins

I love the naval scale of the clashes. I picked up X Wing while waiting for Armada, and enjoyed it, but much prefer Armada. I also play Legion. 

I love underdogs and the unusual. For instance, I've always enjoyed playing Leia and I've recently developed a fondness for Gauntlets. 

Edited by Commodore Gardner

Posted (edited)

Location: San Diego (If lockdown ends before you head off to Japan, we should meet up for a game, @bkcammack)

First game: Winter 2017

Started collecting: Winter 2017 (Still looking for an MC30 to "complete" my Rebel fleet)

Started reading the forums: Summer 2017 (So, not really a newbie by any means, despite my modest post count)

What drew me in: To the game? The minis and fleet-based gameplay. To the forum? Where else am I going to have a chance to discuss Armada? I don't have a Reddit account and don't frequent my local game stores.

Anything else interesting: Grew up with the original trilogy, Ewok Adventures, West End Games source books, X-Wing and TIE Fighter PC games, Incredible Cross-Sections... you name it. Love the sequels. Have grown to appreciate the prequels. Am pleasantly surprised by the cartoons. Read most of the novels. Am generally aware of the comics. 😂

EDIT: Oh! And Dark Empire. I loved the Dark Empire comic as a teen. World Devastators. Clone Palpatine. The Eclipse. E-Wings. Boba's return. I loved it all.

Edited by Rmcarrier1

Posted (edited)

City and country you play in. Perpignan, France. Sometimes I can go to Lyon ou Paris, or eve, Barcelona (Hola a tot les jugadores d'alla !)

When you played your first game. Two years ago I think ?

When you started collecting. Three years ago 😭

How long you've been reading these forums. Reguraly, I would say a couple of months.

What drew you in. Armada, duh. And if the question is "what drew me in Armada" I'll say that was the Micromachine. I still have somewhere that small SSD.

Anything else interesting. I love Border Colie. 😍🐺

Edited by ZaZ333

On 8/14/2020 at 5:54 PM, Rmcarrier1 said:

Location: San Diego (If lockdown ends before you head off to Japan, we should meet up for a game, @bkcammack)

First game: Winter 2017

Started collecting: Winter 2017 (Still looking for an MC30 to "complete" my Rebel fleet)

Started reading the forums: Summer 2017 (So, not really a newbie by any means, despite my modest post count)

What drew me in: To the game? The minis and fleet-based gameplay. To the forum? Where else am I going to have a chance to discuss Armada? I don't have a Reddit account and don't frequent my local game stores.

Anything else interesting: Grew up with the original trilogy, Ewok Adventures, West End Games source books, X-Wing and TIE Fighter PC games, Incredible Cross-Sections... you name it. Love the sequels. Have grown to appreciate the prequels. Am pleasantly surprised by the cartoons. Read most of the novels. Am generally aware of the comics. 😂

Mc30c on the asmodee website!!! Go get it!