Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FearLord

Rise of Red Skulls - Official Content creator spoiler season

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

ALSO, crap, I just now realized this hasn't been updated here. Critical Encounters won't actually be posting it tomorrow, they had to delay for some reason (I assume production was delayed). I haven't seen a new date from them but I'll try to remember to let y'all know when they come up with their date.

(And I believe there's one spoiler floating around whose owner isn't on that schedule at all. Nobody on Discord seems to know who got it 😂)

Aw man, that's a bummer. Although, as long as it's a encounter card, it's going to be so worth it.

And do you mean contaminant immunity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Venompuppy said:

And do you mean contaminant immunity?

Contaminant Immunity was spoiled by No Responsibility, they're on the schedule. I mean he said he sent out 15 spoilers, but nobody who was helping to put that calendar together knows who got card #15. There are only 14 spoilers scheduled on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Warmachine for the people, not just the 1%! 😂

A decent mix of abilities- tough on an ally is generally pretty good value. I’m more dubious about ranged right now, but there are some scenarios it will be very good in, and like Piercing on the Black Knight, this will only get more useful as we see more retaliate in the game.

Another expensive Basic ally though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way I see it, he's better than Luke Cage. Out of the 4 cost Leadership allies, if I don't have an Inspired in hand, I'd pick him over Ironman. The drawback is, since he's Basic, there no using "Power of" meaning he really will take your entire tien to play unless you have Helicarrier, Avengers Mansion/Tower. But I like him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, HirumaShigure said:

Way I see it, he's better than Luke Cage. Out of the 4 cost Leadership allies, if I don't have an Inspired in hand, I'd pick him over Ironman. The drawback is, since he's Basic, there no using "Power of" meaning he really will take your entire tien to play unless you have Helicarrier, Avengers Mansion/Tower. But I like him. 

I wouldn’t necessarily say he’s better than Luke Cage. He’s definitely better at Thwarting than Luke Cage, but Luke comes with +2 health instead of Ranged, so if you want both of them to Block a big hit and then attack, Luke is better value the majority of the time, but Warmachine is more flexible. It’s not a bad card at all, but there are several high priced basic allies at this point, and it’s hard not to compare him to Nick Fury. Nick generally is getting you one less attack / Thwart, still blocks an attack the turn you play him, but crucially gives you an immediate refund (or extra damage / Thwart if that’s what you really need right now...

As with Black Knight though, Ranged and Piercing already have their uses and are only likely to improve as the scenario pool increases...

Edited by FearLord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that there is a basic option to address scenarios with a higher chance of retaliate becoming relevant. MODOK is one reason albeit not as strong as something like Zola. I'm keen to see how necessary ranged is moving forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think War Machine is likely to be a case of '41st card'. His stats and Toughness are fine, not amazing, but at the same time they're good enough to be worth considering. But I think in most cases he won't quite make the cut.

The exception is if you're designing a deck specifically where Retaliate is an issue (or it becomes far more common) or in the Avengers deck. I think he's probably pretty solid as a big body for Avengers - you only need to pay once unlike Wonder Man or Vision, and he's got more direct combat applications than Falcon or Iron Man.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Abyss said:

I think War Machine is likely to be a case of '41st card'. His stats and Toughness are fine, not amazing, but at the same time they're good enough to be worth considering. But I think in most cases he won't quite make the cut.

The exception is if you're designing a deck specifically where Retaliate is an issue (or it becomes far more common) or in the Avengers deck. I think he's probably pretty solid as a big body for Avengers - you only need to pay once unlike Wonder Man or Vision, and he's got more direct combat applications than Falcon or Iron Man.  

Yeah Avengers decks are interesting. He almost feels a bit like a Leadership ally (I.e a specialist rather than a generalist). I suppose he’s so far the only Basic Avenger which is a significant upgrade when it comes to a few other cards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Abyss said:

The exception is if you're designing a deck specifically where Retaliate is an issue (or it becomes far more common) or in the Avengers deck. I think he's probably pretty solid as a big body for Avengers - you only need to pay once unlike Wonder Man or Vision, and he's got more direct combat applications than Falcon or Iron Man.  

Direct combat application is War Machine's middle name!  

I agree that having Ranged isn't too exciting right now but he doesn't seem to cost extra for it and it's only going to get better.  I'm most intrigued by him having the S.H.I.E.L.D. trait as I think this set could start promoting that theme to the level of Avengers support in Leadership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone think we will get a Shield box set down the pike? We have quite a few Shield traited characters. 

Obviously Nick Fury is a strong possibility for a hero pack at some point, but not sure about any others? 

But I do like the idea theme wise of a group of agents against villains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Retaliate may not be all over the place (yet), but I think people undervalue Ranged on allies. While it many times won't do a thing, retaliate is a real killer for allies taking a whole turn off of it's actions (or even killing it, thus you need to consider using it for actions or blocking).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im glad they did her as a signature ally instead of an aspect ally. If two players are playing as Captain Marvel & Spider-Woman they both have a card thats resource only....but get the entire support of the actual hero. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FearLord said:

http://1-2-punchboard.com/2020/08/17/marvel-champions-monday-who-wants-a-piece-of-me/
 

Cheap Spider-Girl ally for Aggression - seems pretty cool.

Quote

Response: After you play Spider-Girl from your hand, stun and confuse a minion.

Interesting.  I like that the response doesn't work with Make the Call.  Are there a lot on non Nemesis minions you want confused and stunned?

She reminds me of Black Cat somehow.  (Maybe the 2-cost, 2-health.)

She's on the weak side for Aggression, but she's cheap and has a useful ability in addition to a quick hit or thwart before chump-blocking.

I just spent a weekend playing Hulk with every other hero in the game (two-handed), and I can say she'd see a lot more play than She-Hulk did!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Duciris said:

Interesting.  I like that the response doesn't work with Make the Call.  Are there a lot on non Nemesis minions you want confused and stunned?

She reminds me of Black Cat somehow.  (Maybe the 2-cost, 2-health.)

She's on the weak side for Aggression, but she's cheap and has a useful ability in addition to a quick hit or thwart before chump-blocking.

I just spent a weekend playing Hulk with every other hero in the game (two-handed), and I can say she'd see a lot more play than She-Hulk did!

I think there’s a fair few high health minions you might appreciate another round to deal with like Tombstone. I’d say Ronin, but he’s immune to stun...

Still 2 damage and a block for 2 is nothing to sneeze at even if there’s no minion out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a huge comics nerd, but I do know that there has been a decent amount of Spider Girl's throughout the universe. Does anyone know why they chose this one? Also, what's her story? I know I sound like an idiot or an annoying little noob, but I would really appreciate it if someone could provide the answers to my uneducated soul. 😂


 Also, I mean nerd as the biggest compliment possible by the way.

Edited by Venompuppy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Venompuppy said:

I'm not a huge comics nerd, but I do know that there has been a decent amount of Spider Girl's throughout the universe. Does anyone know why they chose this one? Also, what's her story? I know I sound like an idiot or an annoying little noob, but I would really appreciate it if someone could provide the answers to my uneducated soul. 😂


 Also, I mean nerd as the biggest compliment possible by the way.

There actually haven’t been that many character’s called ‘Spider-Girl’ (although plenty of ‘Spider-Woman’ variants). The other one is an alternate dimension version of Peter Parker and Mary-Jane Watson’s daughter, May-Day Parker who is kind of a what if future character (although one that has appeared in cross overs).

This version was originally introduced as the Hero Arana. Her back story is a slightly confusing war between 2 secret societies (The Spider Society and The Sisterhood of the Wasp), and her powers are originally magical in nature.

She later loses them and becomes Spider Girl after a Kraven the Hunter storyline for Spider-Man. Kraven’s family hunts various spider powered characters and in the aftermath of this event Julian Carpenter (the second Spider-Woman, later known as Arachne) becomes the new Madam Web, and gives her costume to Anya.

She basically loses her original powers and then gains new more Spider-Man like powers later (which is what is represented by her at this point).

 

Edited by FearLord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...