Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FearLord

Rise of Red Skulls - Official Content creator spoiler season

Recommended Posts

Here's Tabletop Timesinks' spoiler article for today, too.

https://tabletoptimesinks.com/2020/08/09/rors-exclusive-spoiler-skilled-investigator/

(Ope, I just saw that he also posted this in his thread. Still, I think it makes enough sense to catalog all of them here.)

Edited by SpiderMana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the two cards shown so far really reinforce threat reduction as a viable strategy in justice. 

I particularly like these skill cards that can be shared in multiplayer, really ups the interaction in three and four player games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Black Knight ally is a very welcome addition to the game, both lore wise and sheer playability. 

A great thematic use of piercing for him, representing his classic ebony blade. 

He was always a good character when he showed up in the Avengers and also enjoyed him in the Heroes for Hire much later. 

He is coming in the mcu soon in the Eternals movie as well so good synergy there. He's played by Kit Harrington I think. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mockingbird signature ally is definitely better than the basic version, but I wonder if she'd be overpowered if she still stunned an enemy upon arrival? Her basic version pretty much does the "same thing" twice without the return to hand. I still like her, just wondering if you'll want to play her every turn when you see the rest of Clint's kit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HirumaShigure said:

The Mockingbird signature ally is definitely better than the basic version, but I wonder if she'd be overpowered if she still stunned an enemy upon arrival? Her basic version pretty much does the "same thing" twice without the return to hand. I still like her, just wondering if you'll want to play her every turn when you see the rest of Clint's kit. 

If she stunned on top of that for a 3 cost, then I’d definitely consider her well over the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FearLord said:

Today’s spoiler https://teenagestudentwhinger.blogspot.com/2020/08/the-rise-of-red-skull-card-spoiler.html?m=1

Really works great when you consider her hero power I think - let’s you pick a card you can afford and an extra aspect to play potentially so you can bump her stats higher.

The turn you go into Alter Ego, you can also seek out a card that you can play in Alter Ego, assuming you kept any resources from the beginning of your turn.

 

8 hours ago, HirumaShigure said:

The Mockingbird signature ally is definitely better than the basic version, but I wonder if she'd be overpowered if she still stunned an enemy upon arrival? Her basic version pretty much does the "same thing" twice without the return to hand. I still like her, just wondering if you'll want to play her every turn when you see the rest of Clint's kit. 

I mean... once you've got his quiver and resource generators up, you can play an arrow or two at no cost out-of-hand pretty much every turn. Replaying Mockingbird to thwart once and then pop her back to hand to guarantee no damage from an attack and you can stay in Hero mode forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am quite happy to see different versions of allies and also heroes as allies. 

Just gives us new imaginings of characters, I wonder if we will see eventually ally versions of main characters in all aspects? 

I am glad they made this version of Mockingbird an Avenger as she was a member of the West Coast avengers for years. 

And for those of you unaware of the lore of why she would be included as Hawkeyes signiture ally, they were married for many years and had a very long relationship, not sure about the current lore though. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

I mean... once you've got his quiver and resource generators up, you can play an arrow or two at no cost out-of-hand pretty much every turn. Replaying Mockingbird to thwart once and then pop her back to hand to guarantee no damage from an attack and you can stay in Hero mode forever.

It won’t be relevant every game, but she can essentially convert any resource into a wild when she jumps back into your hand. Can be helpful on certain upgrades or kicker effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KimJoshIl said:

It won’t be relevant every game, but she can essentially convert any resource into a wild when she jumps back into your hand. Can be helpful on certain upgrades or kicker effects.

That's a good point, never thought about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When are we gonna get spoilers for the villain's decks? That's what I'm excited about! Some modular set cards would also suffice.

I also am dying to find out about Hawkeye's and Spider Woman's obligations and Nemesis'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

When are we gonna get spoilers for the villain's decks? That's what I'm excited about! Some modular set cards would also suffice.

I also am dying to find out about Hawkeye's and Spider Woman's obligations and Nemesis'.

Tomorrow’s spoiler is from Critical Encounters so I’m willing to bet it’s an Encounter card of some kind...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FearLord said:

Tomorrow’s spoiler is from Critical Encounters so I’m willing to bet it’s an Encounter card of some kind...

This might be the case, but for the most part they’ve spoiled about as much of the encounter decks as they’re going to. A lot of people prefer to play encounters without knowing a significant portion of the cards in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the 4th bullet point under Player Decks in the Rules Reference is:

Quote
  • A player may choose exactly one aspect (Justice, Aggression, Protection, or Leadership) to use for customization. The remainder of their deck is then customized with cards that belong to that aspect and/ or basic cards.

Therefore basic cards are not aspect cards.  (I'm sure there are other ways to conclude this.)

image001-1.png?w=700&h=

So with Jessica Drew's Apartment, there is a subtle incentive to forego basic cards as it cannot pull them.  As it stands, I believe she has 8 cards (1 pair per aspect) of aspect cards in her deck, that leaves 7 (minus the apartment itself) of un-addable cards.  Each basic card increases that pool.  Intriguing.

In my musing, I just realized that she's the first hero to be able to include more than 2 "Power of..." cards.  Most intriguing.

Edited by Duciris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

When are we gonna get spoilers for the villain's decks? That's what I'm excited about! Some modular set cards would also suffice.

I also am dying to find out about Hawkeye's and Spider Woman's obligations and Nemesis'.

I definitely want to see their obligations ASAP.

17 minutes ago, FearLord said:

Tomorrow’s spoiler is from Critical Encounters so I’m willing to bet it’s an Encounter card of some kind...

I'd really like to see a modular deck spoiled.

 

Uhg!  This was supposed to release in July!!! Coronavirus, must you consume all aspects of agreeable living!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

This might be the case, but for the most part they’ve spoiled about as much of the encounter decks as they’re going to. A lot of people prefer to play encounters without knowing a significant portion of the cards in it.

It was definitely the case with the Hulk Spoilers - everyone else got hero cards, and they got one of his Nemesis cards. I’m expecting the same from them this time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, FearLord said:

It was definitely the case with the Hulk Spoilers - everyone else got hero cards, and they got one of his Nemesis cards. I’m expecting the same from them this time around.

Right, I'm just trying not to assume. Evan told them they could email him to ask for cards from a specific pack, but he can only keep track of so many requests and made no promises. That said, I do think he's aware enough of Critical Encounters' schtick that they'll usually get encounter cards :P



ALSO, crap, I just now realized this hasn't been updated here. Critical Encounters won't actually be posting it tomorrow, they had to delay for some reason (I assume production was delayed). I haven't seen a new date from them but I'll try to remember to let y'all know when they come up with their date.

(And I believe there's one spoiler floating around whose owner isn't on that schedule at all. Nobody on Discord seems to know who got it 😂)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...