Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diablos2

Encounters in the Streets

9 posts in this topic

 Hey Guys,

Pretty new to the game but enjoying what I have played it so far but would like clarification on something I just don;t seem to be able to find in the rule book.

If you end your movement in the streets what happens in the encounter phase?

Apologies ina dvance if this seems a stupid question but I really have looked through the rule book high and low.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right ok, thanks for confirming, I thought this as the case but some other wordings seem to suggest something was going on that I was missing, maybe that was an expansion card or an activity effect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Well depends on the circumstances. If there is a monster in the Sky space then investigators that end their move in the streets  comes down to start a fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

burnside986 said:

 Well depends on the circumstances. If there is a monster in the Sky space then investigators that end their move in the streets  comes down to start a fight.

Only if it moves in the mythos phase. And fighting monsters happens in the movement phase. There are some mythos cards, rumors especially, that allow you or require you to do stuff in a specific street area during the encounter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Veet said:

burnside986 said:

 

 Well depends on the circumstances. If there is a monster in the Sky space then investigators that end their move in the streets  comes down to start a fight.

 

 

Only if it moves in the mythos phase. And fighting monsters happens in the movement phase. There are some mythos cards, rumors especially, that allow you or require you to do stuff in a specific street area during the encounter.

Erm, don't you have to fight a monster that moves to your location during the Mythos phase immediately ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

volckaert.jelle said:

 

Erm, don't you have to fight a monster that moves to your location during the Mythos phase immediately ?

No. Monsters on the board you only interact with during the Movement Phase and those you get from encounters (AH or OW), right there and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dam said:

 

volckaert.jelle said:

 

 

Erm, don't you have to fight a monster that moves to your location during the Mythos phase immediately ?

 

 

No. Monsters on the board you only interact with during the Movement Phase and those you get from encounters (AH or OW), right there and then.

 

 

Thanks for the clarification Dam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to have encounter in the street, you should get the Dark Pharaoh revised edition expansion.

 

Investigator ending his turn on a street with the ancient whisper marker get an exhibit encounter which i find quite fun and rewarding.

 

It's also give you more incentive to stay in the street and fight the flying monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0