Tirion

Where is all the talk about the stream?

2 hours ago, Atromix said:

Its because all the kids who grew up watching the prequels are now adults. I practically lived off the clone wars tv show, sure I had seen all the films but my main source of SW content for years was that show, and so I'll always have a soft spot for those characters and factions. I have a feeling that in 5-10 years we will see a similar thing with the sequels as the kids who grew up watching them mature.

I have to agree with this. By and large, the fandom that drove Lucas off are not the kids who liked the prequels growing up. They're just old enough now to add a voice to the conversation. In time, the same thing will likely happen with the sequels.

3 hours ago, Lochlan said:

What do people think about using the T-Series personnel upgrade in place of a heavy weapon in B1 units (to keep points low)?  Compared to the E-5C they're the same price, and you trade a bit of offence (0.75 average hits vs. 1.5) for losing AI: Attack, gaining Reliable 1, and your "heavy" being the unit leader.  And if the surge from reliable is available when the unit attacks, the average hits is very close to the E-5C (about 2.9 vs. 3).

Other than having to buy 4+ boxes to get how many T-Series models I would need, it seems like a pretty good trade-off.  Thoughts?

That's interesting... I like the outside of the box thinking here

5 hours ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I could see doing it on 1-2 of the squads, but not all of them if you're running AT (which you should be) since surge tokens grant diminishing returns. Also remember that the E-5C does better with aims than that unit will. Definitely a neat idea though that should be tested.

The E-5C benefiting more from aims is definitely a good point. And there are for sure diminishing returns on the surge tokens, but with two you can ideally use one on an attack and still have one for defense. 

But yeah, definitely looking forward to testing it. 

16 hours ago, jocke01 said:

Yes and No. Lucas did make a long long story for star wars and it was cut down for the new hope one. Granted, while stuff from this cut part made it into empire and rotj ALOT of stuff changed during the way, I think a framework existed in Lucas mind though that ended with death star boom and natives beating the empire. However it's hard to find out the truth from mr. changes his story all the time lucas.

Also it was a completly different time for movies. It was still better plotted than, let's give the second part to this random guy that want to piss of the fans and hope it turn out XD.

Did Rian Johnson actually say that he wanted to piss off the fans, or are you just projecting that because you personally didn't like episode 8?

17 minutes ago, Vlad3theImpaler said:

Did Rian Johnson actually say that he wanted to piss off the fans, or are you just projecting that because you personally didn't like episode 8?

Well there is reports of him wanting to make a movie that some loved and some hated and wanted to shatter expectations. So It is a very weird choice for a multi billion dollar franchise XD.

54 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Citation needed

There is alot of articles and stuff written today as well where he clamed to wanna challenge fans and shatter excpectations, but today it's behind a wall of adds or pay to read so I can't read anything without tearing my hair out. Then again I think it would be impossible to get even a 50% true statement without talking to him irl so take all you find a massive grain of salt. Not gonna derail this thread anymore gl out there

15 hours ago, Lochlan said:

What do people think about using the T-Series personnel upgrade in place of a heavy weapon in B1 units (to keep points low)?  Compared to the E-5C they're the same price, and you trade a bit of offence (0.75 average hits vs. 1.5) for losing AI: Attack, gaining Reliable 1, and your "heavy" being the unit leader.  And if the surge from reliable is available when the unit attacks, the average hits is very close to the E-5C (about 2.9 vs. 3).

Other than having to buy 4+ boxes to get how many T-Series models I would need, it seems like a pretty good trade-off.  Thoughts?

I like it. That opens the door for other upgrades on your leaders (hopefully the staple comes off of Aggressive Tactics)

18 hours ago, Lochlan said:

I actually think they are better on B-2s, as someone suggested earlier. You lose are wound, but for 2 points over the generic B2 model, they gain so much.

The real question will be how many boxes to buy though. I'm thinking 3 is probably the right number. Add in a nice 3D printed T-Series droid or two and you're able to field 3 as unit leaders and 1 or 2 as commanders.

36 minutes ago, Mokoshkana said:

I actually think they are better on B-2s, as someone suggested earlier. You lose are wound, but for 2 points over the generic B2 model, they gain so much.

Do they actually gain a lot though?  They gain Reliable 1, which is certainly nice, but in my experience AI: Attack isn't really an issue for them, since they rarely start the turn with enemy units at range 2.  And the T-Series sidearm is actually a bit worse than the default B2 weapon, as it has the same average damage but has half the crit chance.  So really they trade 1 Wound for 1 Surge/turn, and are 2 points more expensive.  So I don't think it's a bad choice necessarily, but it doesn't seem like a huge upgrade, either.

The one exception is if you are also running the HA, as it lets you avoid those Range 3 AI: Attack moments, but also improves your Range 3 attack pool if you need to make a Range 3 attack.  However, that makes for a very expensive unit at 98 points.

6 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

Do they actually gain a lot though?  They gain Reliable 1, which is certainly nice, but in my experience AI: Attack isn't really an issue for them, since they rarely start the turn with enemy units at range 2.  And the T-Series sidearm is actually a bit worse than the default B2 weapon, as it has the same average damage but has half the crit chance.  So really they trade 1 Wound for 1 Surge/turn, and are 2 points more expensive.  So I don't think it's a bad choice necessarily, but it doesn't seem like a huge upgrade, either.

The one exception is if you are also running the HA, as it lets you avoid those Range 3 AI: Attack moments, but also improves your Range 3 attack pool if you need to make a Range 3 attack.  However, that makes for a very expensive unit at 98 points.

I exclusively run the HA with them because blast is too good to pass up. Indeed it is a pricey unit, but that guaranteed surge should more than make up for the loss of a wound over the course of the battle, and the extra red at range 3 makes it that much better in situations where you cannot get into Range 2. It allows this unit to go hunting on its own instead of having to stick near other droids for the coordinate, something which will become vastly more important once BX and STAPs are out. Back on price though, this set up probably only works on one unit, as a full unit of BX droids might be a better fit than a second 98 point unit of B2s.

21 hours ago, Lochlan said:

If you spent the surge exclusively for defense, considering that the base unit has 6 wounds (3 x 2), you are going to roll at least 6 dice. That means a single surge is already increasing the normal 1 out of 6 saves (assuming you take 6 unmitigated hits, all at once) to 2 out of 6. There's your extra wound. For every extra time you keep your B2's long enough to get another surge token, you add another saved wound (roughly speaking) thanks to the T-series.

9 minutes ago, Qwar said:

If you spent the surge exclusively for defense, considering that the base unit has 6 wounds (3 x 2), you are going to roll at least 6 dice. That means a single surge is already increasing the normal 1 out of 6 saves (assuming you take 6 unmitigated hits, all at once) to 2 out of 6. There's your extra wound. For every extra time you keep your B2's long enough to get another surge token, you add another saved wound (roughly speaking) thanks to the T-series.

Sure, but then what is actually gained?  You trade a wound for maybe 1 or more wounds, and pay 2 points for the privilege?  The same effect could be achieved by taking Aggressive Tactics and giving them a faceup order token (which also negates AI: Attack).  And just to reiterate: I don't think it's a bad choice.  I just don't think it's the amazing option that Mokoshkana was claiming.

And again, if you are taking the HA I think it is worth it, but (again) that is a very expensive unit. 

3 hours ago, Lochlan said:

Sure, but then what is actually gained?  You trade a wound for maybe 1 or more wounds, and pay 2 points for the privilege?  The same effect could be achieved by taking Aggressive Tactics and giving them a faceup order token (which also negates AI: Attack).  And just to reiterate: I don't think it's a bad choice.  I just don't think it's the amazing option that Mokoshkana was claiming.

And again, if you are taking the HA I think it is worth it, but (again) that is a very expensive unit. 

Well if we accept that Reliable more or less gives a standin for the loss of health and a red die at range 3 is comparable to 1b1w, then I think the two points are really for the loss of AI. For the individual unit that's relatively minor, but I think the gain is larger for the army. 

Ive been thinking lately about something I've been calling EPA (End Point Activations). Thusbisbhow many orders you either need to directly issue or issue through coordinate to get orders on AI units without coordinate (B2s or BXs). If you have 2 B2 squads your EPA is 2, so you need to issue two orders a turn, while maintaining a Coordinate network to negate AI. You can make up for some orders (Taught in your Jedi Arts, Ambush etc) with HQ uplinks but that's 10 points and is either one use, costs action potential or straight up makes the unit a target.

With an EPA of, its manageable. But once you add both BXs and B2, we start looking at how it will cost us. With 2 units if BXs and 2 units of B2s, our EPA is 4. Which means youd have to use at least one hq uplink an order (normally more) or accept AI for at least one unit. That could cost you, especially if you're running HA B2s and sniper team BXs. 

T-series permanently reduces that number to not only make your army more manageable while still being able to leverage Coordinate, but also to do things like having a separate offensive section of your army not needing to be reliant on the Roger cup and string network. That way you can do things like running B2s on a flank to get into shorter range.

Overall I think its affecting the unit less and the utility/building options more.

8 minutes ago, VermillionDe said:

Well if we accept that Reliable more or less gives a standin for the loss of health and a red die at range 3 is comparable to 1b1w, then I think the two points are really for the loss of AI. For the individual unit that's relatively minor, but I think the gain is larger for the army. 

Ive been thinking lately about something I've been calling EPA (End Point Activations). Thusbisbhow many orders you either need to directly issue or issue through coordinate to get orders on AI units without coordinate (B2s or BXs). If you have 2 B2 squads your EPA is 2, so you need to issue two orders a turn, while maintaining a Coordinate network to negate AI. You can make up for some orders (Taught in your Jedi Arts, Ambush etc) with HQ uplinks but that's 10 points and is either one use, costs action potential or straight up makes the unit a target.

With an EPA of, its manageable. But once you add both BXs and B2, we start looking at how it will cost us. With 2 units if BXs and 2 units of B2s, our EPA is 4. Which means youd have to use at least one hq uplink an order (normally more) or accept AI for at least one unit. That could cost you, especially if you're running HA B2s and sniper team BXs. 

T-series permanently reduces that number to not only make your army more manageable while still being able to leverage Coordinate, but also to do things like having a separate offensive section of your army not needing to be reliant on the Roger cup and string network. That way you can do things like running B2s on a flank to get into shorter range.

Overall I think its affecting the unit less and the utility/building options more.

As I pointed out in my original post, unless you are running the B2-HA, AI: Attack is very rarely a problem for B2s, as they rarely start their activation at Range 2 of an enemy unit.  In most games with them, you're looking at 0-1 rounds where AI: Attack is actually a problem.

So to me, putting a T-Series in a B2 unit that doesn't have an HA is spending 2 extra points to maybe have a bit more survivability (but there will absolutely be times when it is worse), and to occasionally have an instance where I want to not have AI: Attack and can't get them an order.  It's not a bad choice, but it's not way better than just taking an extra trooper and saving 2 points.

On 8/1/2020 at 9:56 PM, Mokoshkana said:

Spending 50 points to provide an aim and a dodge for two actions seems like a waste to me. That’s basically a throw away unit in a lot of games. There are definitely missions that it would be viable, but I don’t think many. 

Dengar.  Not talked about    Rebels a little harder to pick heroes but hope it wicket and we are going get some little bears  

7 minutes ago, Fistofriles said:

Dengar.  Not talked about    Rebels a little harder to pick heroes but hope it wicket and we are going get some little bears  

The heros are more likely to be Force users in order to give the Rebels and Empire an in faction unit to buy with the cards in Anakin and Maul.

1 minute ago, Caimheul1313 said:

The heros are more likely to be Force users in order to give the Rebels and Empire an in faction unit to buy with the cards in Anakin and Maul.

Yes but trying think of ppl no one talks about and force user are mostly talked about except the two from video games   Force unleashed and the new game don’t know there names of hand 

17 minutes ago, Fistofriles said:

Yes but trying think of ppl no one talks about and force user are mostly talked about except the two from video games   Force unleashed and the new game don’t know there names of hand 

Force Unleashed is no longer canon notably. Fallen Order is, so that could be an option, but I would be surprised if no one has talked about Cal Kestis being added.
Did they specifically say the characters would be the ones from canon but not talked about? There are 4 total releases in that set, it could very well be one of the "generic" units instead.
Given likely how long we have to hype ourselves up over this hint, I fully expect disappointment when the units are revealed. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Did they specifically say the characters would be the ones from canon but not talked about? There are 4 total releases in that set, it could very well be one of the "generic" units instead.

Here is the direct quote from Luke Eddy (starting from the relevant bits):

"...the next four units are going to be Rebel and Imperial units...Two, I would say, highly requested characters included in those. One thing that is gonna be interesting...it is, um, it's canon, we didn't make it up, but I've never seen a single person guess that it would be in Legion."

So the characters will not be some weird deep-cut choice.  And the way he says "it", I am thinking it will be a vehicle of some sort.

Edited by Lochlan

12 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

"...the next four units are going to be Rebel and Imperial units...Two, I would say, highly requested characters included in those. One thing that is gonna be interesting...it is, um, it's canon, we didn't make it up, but I've never seen a single person guess that it would be in Legion."

So the characters will not be some weird deep-cut choice.  And the way he says "it", I am thinking it will be a vehicle of some sort.

Thanks for the direct quote, I haven't had time to watch the stream yet. So the characters are firmly in the requested category, while the rest are not. If they AREN'T Force users, then I hope the cards in Anakin and Maul aren't highly sought after or else they will be even harder to find than normal... 

6 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Thanks for the direct quote, I haven't had time to watch the stream yet. So the characters are firmly in the requested category, while the rest are not. If they AREN'T Force users, then I hope the cards in Anakin and Maul aren't highly sought after or else they will be even harder to find than normal... 

While I know people want say Lando I personally hope for Ezra or Kanan for Rebel or some Inquistors for Empire. Could maybe have a dual pack or something where we get Ezra and Kanan like for Imperial Assault together and say Grand Inquistor and 7th Sister.

On 8/5/2020 at 4:36 PM, Lochlan said:

I'd like to see the Rebels get the T2-B, pretty sure those are still canon...