stev

After seeing preview what will you be buying this holiday season?

Posted (edited)

One of each of the coming clone wars products apart from the dials pack.

I have dozens of dials going spare and I can make my own pass tokens if the activation rules change (or just buy 4 more SSDs ūüėá).¬†

My guess for the activation rules is to get a free pass token at the beginning of the game if you are out activated by 2 or more ships & SADviser. This would still let MSU fleets out activate and last/first opponents. 

Edited by Mad Cat

What concerns me is if they put damage deck to those new shiny starters. Because if not, it'll be useless for new players without big old one starter. Hope they don't forget about it.

One Fleet Starter and two Squadron expansions for each faction... and I'll probably cave and buy an Upgrade Card Pack now that we know that 18% of the 200+ cards have been updated.

I can wait a month or two for the Venator and Providence ship expansions to be released, then I'll be able to get my Clone Wars fleets up to 400 points.

Perhaps if and when single ship expansions for the Clone Wars Starter ships are released, I'll buy more Acclamators and Munificents, but I can't justify buying more than one Starter per faction because of the $100 price and all of the accessories that the Starters contain that I don't need -- it's just wasteful.

30 minutes ago, maxster said:

What concerns me is if they put damage deck to those new shiny starters. Because if not, it'll be useless for new players without big old one starter. Hope they don't forget about it.

They include everything you need, including a damage deck.

2 minutes ago, Formynder4 said:

They include everything you need, including a damage deck.

It has been said about dice, rulers, missions, tokens, obstacles... Anything but damage deck. That is why I'm concerned. And it's not shown on the picture to. So I just hope you are right.

Just now, maxster said:

It has been said about dice, rulers, missions, tokens, obstacles... Anything but damage deck. That is why I'm concerned. And it's not shown on the picture to. So I just hope you are right.

I am right. You can go look at the back of the box on their product page and see it listed.

5 minutes ago, Formynder4 said:

I am right. You can go look at the back of the box on their product page and see it listed.

No matter how you decide to outfit your fleet, the Galactic Republic Fleet Starter is an excellent place to begin building your Star Wars: Armada collection. You’ll find all the components necessary to begin playing within this set, including nine attack dice, 10 command dials, eight speed dials, 12 objective cards, six obstacle tokens, a range ruler, and a maneuver tool. Assemble your fleet and destroy the enemy!

It says nothing about damage deck. And there is no picture of the back side of the starter on product page.

I was just going to wait to buy two Munificent frigates, but considering they were less than committal on this morning's stream regarding solo packs for the starter box ships, I guess I'll be buying a Separatist Fleet Starter, Separatist Squadron Pack, and maybe the Upgrade Card Pack. I don't like having to buy something that I already have, nor am I all that keen on the new card sizes, but the cards are errata'd and even include new symbols that bring them in line with the Clone Wars cards.

38 minutes ago, Skitch_ said:

Arquitens, Raiders, MC30s, and an ISD. If I can find them. Also an upgrade card box.

The upgrade pack gives you reprinted and bigger versions of RBDs, DTTs, Tua, DCO, Centicore etc. So this means you can buy the Spanish, Italian or French version of the Arquitens which you may be able to still get hold of.

I goes I buy nothing. I am not very interested in CW and everything else I have plenty of. BUT I am nevertheless very happy about this event. Changed activation, rebalanced update cards, and living rules document I treasure more than new ships.

18 minutes ago, CDAT said:

Most likely not a thing, in my local area they have killed the game by not releasing anything for so long. We had a very active group of about ten or so.

Well that is whole US atm due to Covid