Sign in to follow this  
xanderf

So...it's version 1.5, then

On 8/3/2020 at 2:48 AM, TallGiraffe said:

If you just play the game at home, then just use the cards you got. 

I do and I still bought the upgrade card pack! 😂 The errata'd text and new built-in card mechanics (the blue and red ribbons, exhaust symbols, etc.) made it worthwhile in my mind. But I could see how someone might not feel the same way.

40 minutes ago, xanderf said:

They did specifically say ship cards are NOT included, but...did they say anything about squadrons?

Not as much a priority to re-issue, I guess, since the squadron cards are already the "new" size, but...certainly there are some that have been errata'd.  The 'relay' keyword squadrons, Rhymer, etc?

I mean, its an *Upgrade* Card Pack.

Fair game on things that are Upgrades, and *not* cards that *are not*    :)

That should at least be the default thinking on the matter...  

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

I mean, its an *Upgrade* Card Pack.

Fair game on things that are Upgrades, and *not* cards that *are not*    :)

That should at least be the default thinking on the matter...  

Is Mayonnaise an upgrade?

5 hours ago, xanderf said:

They did specifically say ship cards are NOT included, but...did they say anything about squadrons?

Not as much a priority to re-issue, I guess, since the squadron cards are already the "new" size, but...certainly there are some that have been errata'd.  The 'relay' keyword squadrons, Rhymer, etc?

Squadrons also are not upgrade cards.

I will probably get one card expansion but it's not high on my priority list.  I don't need it but it would be nice to have the full compliment of updated upgrade cards.  If they were just resizing without updating errata and points I would not bother.  I can always print the PDF for a tournament.  And I always use Ryan Kingston's fleet builder so points will be updated there.

And I prefer the smaller cards so I will likely only use the updated cards any way.  Secondary market for the rest maybe.

On 7/31/2020 at 9:43 AM, xanderf said:

4. Activations are seeing changes.  Loosely-defined information is that, apparently, fleets with different activation counts will get a number of 'pass' tokens somehow that in some way accounts for that.  These pass tokens are NOT re-usable, however, and are instead consumed as they are used.  Further details unknown!
(Confirmed in the Steel Strategy podcast: https://steelstrategy.podbean.com/e/episode-23-gencon-reactions-and-michael-gernes-interview/)

5. Aces are getting capped.  1 'ace with defense tokens' per 100 pts of list-building target.  IE., 200-pt games have a max of 2 aces, 400-pt games have a max of 4.
(Confirmed in the Steel Strategy podcast: https://steelstrategy.podbean.com/e/episode-23-gencon-reactions-and-michael-gernes-interview/)

Added some notes to the OP based on more information revealed.