Sign in to follow this  
xanderf

So...it's version 1.5, then

7 hours ago, Frimmel said:

Are these pass token going to only be provided in the dial pack or are they part of the Upgrade cards pack and/or included in the new starters? 

They only appear in images of the Dial Pack so far, which makes sense as the two starters have the same number of ships so there wouldn't be any activation disparity between them.

5 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

They better not change Tagge turns

Allowing you to put an objective token on each ship and use it once at timing of the player’s choice would make Tagge great. Like a fleet wide Walex Blissex.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:15 PM, Bertie Wooster said:

So... once per game? No thanks. 

Once per game, for each ship, At anytime you want, can be Seen as being better than “twice, but likely both before you can use it and after it’s likely to make a difference...”

I mean, I don’t know where I’d stand, but I can see the argument.

To be honest Im very unhappy with that Armada 1.5 stuff. All the "old Versions" of our upgrade cards are worthless now, by adding a complete new mechanic (and card size) to the 1.5-generation Upgrades.

To improve bad or unpopular upgrades, I dont understand why FFG is not creating additional cards to buff that bad upgrades or Commanders. For example think about an Imperial ship title like 7th fleet title for (1) or (2) points to allow that ship to recover 1 shield, after the ship was allowed to recover a discarded deftoken (to buff Tagge)

In such a way of improving bad Upgrades, FFG would not need to change the text in cards which have already printed 500.000 times and players dont need to buy content 3..4 times just to always have the newest upgrade card reading in hand..

6 minutes ago, Jimbo2142 said:

To be honest Im very unhappy with that Armada 1.5 stuff. All the "old Versions" of our upgrade cards are worthless now, by adding a complete new mechanic (and card size) to the 1.5-generation Upgrades.

To improve bad or unpopular upgrades, I dont understand why FFG is not creating additional cards to buff that bad upgrades or Commanders. For example think about an Imperial ship title like 7th fleet title for (1) or (2) points to allow that ship to recover 1 shield, after the ship was allowed to recover a discarded deftoken (to buff Tagge)

In such a way of improving bad Upgrades, FFG would not need to change the text in cards which have already printed 500.000 times and players dont need to buy content 3..4 times just to always have the newest upgrade card reading in hand..

Because without changing the problem, adding something also adds to the good stuff.

Or its never taken since it competes with what exists.

Most of the time FFG does 'fix via addition'...  but you cant do that forever.

Every once in a while, you need to change the  old or it bloats and creeps too far.

22 minutes ago, Jimbo2142 said:

Adding on to what Dras said, eventually you will get to the point where you HAVE to build a certain thing a certain way for it to work. It kinda removes choice in the matter. 

Being able to change points via Tournament PDFs is good for the game. Now FFG can't constantly print changed cards which is understandable. This box of upgrade cards is really generous for what it is. At least 1 copy of EVERY card in the game already out? Sign me up for that. It's not like people will force you to use the new cards either. Just keep the updated Tournament PDF on your phone or print it out. 

If you just play the game at home, then just use the cards you got. 

There are 168 upgrade cards in Armada. We know that there are at least 2 XI7 Turbolaser, and 2 Engine Tech cards (can't remember if that was in the stream or posted in the article). That leaves 120 extra cards for other duplicates and/or triplicates.
Of the 168 Upgrade Cards, 77 are Unique (leaving 91 cards that could have duplicates). We're bound to have a few triples of at least 30 cards, right?

1 hour ago, Fraggle_Rock said:

There are 168 upgrade cards in Armada. We know that there are at least 2 XI7 Turbolaser, and 2 Engine Tech cards (can't remember if that was in the stream or posted in the article). That leaves 120 extra cards for other duplicates and/or triplicates.
Of the 168 Upgrade Cards, 77 are Unique (leaving 91 cards that could have duplicates). We're bound to have a few triples of at least 30 cards, right?

Yeah, I'm having a real love/hate with that card upgrade kit.

I'm sure it'll miss SOME perfect-number-of-something...and definitely it's re-issuing cards in the wrong size, but...

....graaaaaahhhh!!!  It's so annoying to see FFG *finally* doing the 'all errata and point-rebalancing' that we've been asking for, FOR YEARS, but in a way that is simultaneously improving things but annoying us.

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2020 at 6:26 AM, Suermel said:

I like the Card - Pack. I do own 2 Starter - Packs and therefore also 2 Vic‘s. But i never wanted to spend extra money for a 3rd stand alone Vic just to get Motti and that extra Title. Now i get that stuff way cheaper. Same goes with the SSD and ther Upgrades there 👍

Didn't think of that. peps can now get SSD upgrades even if they don't want the SSD.  Good point

Edited by Rune Taq

On 8/4/2020 at 6:36 AM, Fraggle_Rock said:

Are you sure of these numbers? I'd bet there are above 200.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Are you sure of these numbers? I'd bet there are above 200.

I believe it's 168 not counting Ship Titles. Add 60 to include. I made the same mistake in another thread here already... :P

So my count is 228 Cards, 135 of which are Unique (7th Fleet SD, Mon Cal Fleet & Task Force Antilles/Organa ship titles are not...)

Because the whole point is to move *all* cards to the new size, I think it's safe to expect that there will be one of each Ship Title in this pack.

There are 290 cards in the pack so there should be 135 Unique cards and 155 cards from among the other 93 possible (non-unique) upgrades. So definitely some doubles, maybe some triplicate, but probably not too many...

Edited by Benmartin
corrected the numbers

2 hours ago, Benmartin said:

I believe it's 168 not counting Ship Titles. Add 60 to include. I made the same mistake in another thread here already... :P

So my count is 228 Cards, 135 of which are Unique (7th Fleet SD, Mon Cal Fleet & Task Force Antilles/Organa ship titles are not...)

Because the whole point is to move *all* cards to the new size, I think it's safe to expect that there will be one of each Ship Title in this pack.

There are 290 cards in the pack so there should be 135 Unique cards and 155 cards from among the other 93 possible (non-unique) upgrades. So definitely some doubles, maybe some triplicate, but probably not too many...

Good point, Benmartin. I did forget to include ship titles. Assuming at least 2 of each of the generic titles (7th Fleet, Mon Cal Expedition, etc). and the XI7 and Engine Tech cards... that only leaves 56 duplicates. As they stated in the stream older cards are still tournament legal, it may come down to which cards have errata / new markings on them. I may have to buy two of these.

1 hour ago, Fraggle_Rock said:

Good point, Benmartin. I did forget to include ship titles. Assuming at least 2 of each of the generic titles (7th Fleet, Mon Cal Expedition, etc). and the XI7 and Engine Tech cards... that only leaves 56 duplicates. As they stated in the stream older cards are still tournament legal, it may come down to which cards have errata / new markings on them. I may have to buy two of these.

Buying two has definitely crossed my mind. On one hand, it would be nice to have everything I'm going to use be standardized (size); especially carrying things to an event. The price is pretty reasonable. On the other hand, if there aren't enough duplicates, I might still need to use an old/small card when laying out my stuff on the table (say I want to run 5-6 CR90s). Another thought is that, knowing that FFG may under-produce this pack (as they do with so many things), should I be cognizant and leave more for people who will really benefit from them (who don't already have all the other expansions, etc)?

Honestly, I think that the biggest benefit of this pack is the updated rules & text. Not needing to look up errata on a regular basis while playing is the most important thing; maybe I'll only get one of these packs and just keep it around to pull the cards I need for reference, but not necessarily to put on the table with each ship...

2 hours ago, Fraggle_Rock said:

They did specifically say ship cards are NOT included, but...did they say anything about squadrons?

Not as much a priority to re-issue, I guess, since the squadron cards are already the "new" size, but...certainly there are some that have been errata'd.  The 'relay' keyword squadrons, Rhymer, etc?