Skitch_

InFlight Report News! New Ships!

36 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Delta 7 and arcs got you covered. 
surprise if you didn’t know already both are dang good. 

🤨 I think you missed the gist of them wanting decent options to build lists that do not include Jedi.

45 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨 I think you missed the gist of them wanting decent options to build lists that do not include Jedi.

aren't we talking about Eta2s not being 3 dice primaries?   those are all jedis anyway. Or is this about the Nimbus? 

Sinker swarm is a darn good list without Jedi. Mix of Ric and N1s and Arcs and Ys are also possible lists without Jedi 

3 hours ago, InterceptorMad said:

Do we really still think we'll get Legends ships?

Plenty of legends stuff gets added back into Canon, so it's not completly out of the question. Although I am not expecting these to come. I would certainly love to get the TIE Avenger.

42 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Considering we haven't seen any Legends ships outside of reprints since 2nd edition started, I'm not holding my breath. But I still want them.

The TIE Droid is now Canon, for whatever that's worth. Not sure how you'd price a thing like that though, just a worse Vulture basically...

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

The TIE Droid is now Canon, for whatever that's worth. Not sure how you'd price a thing like that though, just a worse Vulture basically...

Dang, it really is!

See, TIE Hunter and TIE Avenger DO have some hope of being canonized.

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Make it 2/3/3.  No networked calc, but it gets the evade action.  Based on how they flew in rogue squadron, I'd give it a vulture dial, except no 3-banks or k-turns at all, and the red 2-talons become white 1-talons.

1 minute ago, Ablazoned said:

Make it 2/3/3.  No networked calc, but it gets the evade action.  Based on how they flew in rogue squadron, I'd give it a vulture dial, except no 3-banks or k-turns at all, and the red 2-talons become white 1-talons.

The thing is... you now have an 18-ish-point fighter? That's a bit crazy in a faction that has access to Sloane...

31 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

I like the idea of it essentially being a TIE/ln with a droid dial and calc. To @ClassicalMoser's point though, you almost have to give it something more to drive it up to the cost of an Academy Pilot. Barrel roll linked into cal might do it, but it might be too good with a blue hard 2. However, that might be dialed back by lacking Networked Calcs. But the Empire does have Howl. 

3 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

I like the idea of it essentially being a TIE/ln with a droid dial and calc. To @ClassicalMoser's point though, you almost have to give it something more to drive it up to the cost of an Academy Pilot. Barrel roll linked into cal might do it, but it might be too good with a blue hard 2. However, that might be dialed back by lacking Networked Calcs. But the Empire does have Howl. 

Maybe have the ship ability grant it a calc token after a blue maneuver in addition to the one gainable by performing an action (swapping focus to calc on the action bar is the default for droids)? I can also see them upping the hull to 4. As for dial maybe move the K-Turn and Tallons on the Vulture's dial to higher speeds (so 2K and Tallon 3)?

11 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Maybe have the ship ability grant it a calc token after a blue maneuver in addition to the one gainable by performing an action (swapping focus to calc on the action bar is the default for droids)? I can also see them upping the hull to 4. As for dial maybe move the K-Turn and Tallons on the Vulture's dial to higher speeds (so 2K and Tallon 3)?

I like all of it. The hull I could give or take, but the rest seems great.

Just now, 5050Saint said:

I like all of it. The hull I could give or take, but the rest seems great.

It's a reference to their Legends incarnation. The Imps didn't have to take a pilot into account so were able to up armor the TIE ball cockpit and supports.

6 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Well, it'd potentially have 3 agility, which isn't bad.

I'd go 2/3/3, with Calc, Evade, Roll.  Networked Calculations ship ability.  Hard 2s become blue, but 2 Banks become white.  Perhaps boring, but with just that ship ability, I might even cost it more than a TIE/ln.

3 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Well, it'd potentially have 3 agility, which isn't bad.

I'd go 2/3/3, with Calc, Evade, Roll.  Networked Calculations ship ability. 

If you do this, you create the same situation as CIS; where the ships are only good in masses of their own numbers and mixing them into archetypes with other ships is actively self defeating.

Doesn't make sense for a ship in the Empire faction.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, svelok said:

If you do this, you create the same situation as CIS; where the ships are only good in masses of their own numbers and mixing them into archetypes with other ships is actively self defeating.

Doesn't make sense for a ship in the Empire faction.

Could borrow the HMP ship ability or something like it.  Networked Aim, I squint.  You can't spend a lock you have on the target, but can reroll 1 die per friendly lock on that ship.  There might be some range or such restrictions, but that might work.  There's a decent number of Impeiral ships who love to take-and-hold locks, like the x1 or v1 or Gunboat.  Combos well with Jendon or Tarkin.

That feels kind of right, thematically... the Drone TIE thematically might just chase down and shoot whatever the other ships in the squad are telling it to shoot.  Not fully independent, they just follow the leader.

As a filler, two or three of these would be punchy little droids, and they'd love to work along side Vader and Fifth Brother.  However, you couldn't really do a full squad of them, since then they'd just be worse TIEs.

I want to keep the same statline as the classic TIE, though, only swap the 2 hards/banks on the dial, and maybe keep the actions (except focus).

Edited by theBitterFig