Jump to content
maniakmedic

In-Flight Report and Expansion Discussion... Discussion

Recommended Posts

What would have been possibility (I've not seen the cards so don't know whether it's this way or not), would be to have the two 'small' sides having up in different directions, so that its orientation can tell you which form you are in.  It would require careful and consistent tapping, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2020 at 3:47 PM, FearLord said:

‘High’ is relative I guess, but 32 new cards for deck building is the highest of any hero pack so far. As a comparison, Black Widow’s pack contained 27 new cards. It’s obviously not a crazy difference, but it’s the most so far.

I potentially miscounted above as the Nemesis packs generally have dupes as do the signature cards...

I count Widow with 26

Thor with 28

and Dr. Strange with 33

Set New Cards Qty
Doctor Strange Identity 1
  Hero 10
  Obligation 1
  Nemesis 4
  Allies 3
  Desperate Defense 1
  Momentum Shift 1
  Night Nurse 1
  Unflappable 1
  Warning 1
  Sorcerer Supreme 1
  Aggro 1
  Leadership 1
  Justice 1
     
  Invocations 5
     
    33
Edited by IceHot42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

People are counting different things but thinking they are talking about the same thing. Identity cards and hero cards and nemesis cards and the like are not what is being referred to when FFG says "new cards for deckbuilding." That phrase is referring to never before seen basic and aspect cards that could be included in any deck regardless of whether one is actually playing the hero whose pack has just been bought. So if you look at the Widow pack cards on hallofheroeslcg.com you'll see that the Black Widow expansion includes: 

 

Agent Coulson            1

Quake                           1

Stealth Strike               3

CounterIntelligence    3

Spycraft                         3

Quincarrier                   1

Target Acquired           3

Counterattack             3

Rapid Response           3

Defensive Stance         3

Espionage                     3

 

 

For a total of 27 new cards for deckbuilding that could be used with any hero (even if one does not wish to play BW). The quote from the back of the pack, by the way, is: 27 new cards that can be added to any other hero deck!

Dr. Strange, by contrast, only came with 24 new cards for deckbuilding. As the back of his pack attests.  So if Ant-Man clocks in at 32 new cards that will be significant.

Edited by t4leswapper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, t4leswapper said:

 Identity cards and hero cards and nemesis cards and the like are not what is being referred to when FFG says "new cards for deckbuilding." That phrase is referring to never before seen basic and aspect cards that could be included in any deck regardless of whether one is actually playing the hero whose pack has just been bought. So if you look at the Widow pack cards on hallofheroeslcg.com you'll see that the Black Widow expansion includes: 

 

 

So there might not even be any extra new cards if everything is a 3 of.

Edited by IceHot42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, IceHot42 said:

So there might not even be any extra new cards if everything is a 3 of.

We already know that Swarm Attack at least will be a 1 of... we don’t know most if the contents, but based on what we do know (what it says on the back of the pack compared to other backs of packs) he has less reprints than any hero so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FearLord said:

We already know that Swarm Attack at least will be a 1 of... we don’t know most if the contents, but based on what we do know (what it says on the back of the pack compared to other backs of packs) he has less reprints than any hero so far.

Either way 32 is better than 29 (Ms Marvel/Thor - Box Back).  We can be hopeful for some fun stuff in Hulk as well as his Box Back says 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

while talking about expansions, Do you think we can agree that X-Men Mutant Insurrection is a sign that X-Men in MC are not due until, at least, second-half 2021 ? Or it doesn't mean anything ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Elrad said:

while talking about expansions, Do you think we can agree that X-Men Mutant Insurrection is a sign that X-Men in MC are not due until, at least, second-half 2021 ? Or it doesn't mean anything ? 

By my reckoning we’ve got Rise of Red Skull + Kang + 4 heroes for September through to February ‘21. That puts Galaxy’s Most Wanted at March/April (can’t remember if they gave the date on stream) end of February. Then at least three heroes (Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax) would take us through to around June.

So just based on MC products we can reasonably speculate about I think it’s safe to say that we won’t see X-Men as playable heroes until second half 2021. Throw in another GotG hero and a scenario pack and the earliest we’re likely to see them is Q4.

Edited by Assussanni
Galaxy’s Most Wanted release date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so at least we'll have something to chew while we're  waiting for that :-D

On another topic, When They previewed GotG campaign expansion, I had the impression that they had a far better opinion of that one and kind of qualifying Red Skull of a "classic " campaign and GotG a more thematic and original product. It made me wonder why not balancing their speech and giving some of the advantages of Red Skull (beyond introducing the campaign mode)... because like I see this : Red Skull : average but mandatory to introduce the campaign mode but the big thing will come in February 2021... great :-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 12:25 PM, Gerry_C said:

Just started playing this during lockdown so not as familiar as many others. One thing that confused me during the stream was that the Team-up cards are Basic Aspect. As they can only be played by the two specific heroes, what would the reasoning be not to have them in the hero-specific decks?

So that they aren't dead cards when you're not playing with the other hero.  Some people were a bit annoyed that there's an ally card from Captain Marvel that you can never play if another player is SpiderWoman - just one identity.  Can you imagine how annoyed people would get if there was a card that you couldn't play with 90% of other identities or solo?

Speaking of allies, wouldn't it be interesting if Ant-Man's specific ally was actually a nest/swarm of ants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Speaking of allies, wouldn't it be interesting if Ant-Man's specific ally was actually a nest/swarm of ants?

They said in the stream that their signature Allies are the other hero that they can team up with, so Ant-Man's signature Ally is Wasp, and Wasp is Ant-Man. Even if you just get the one pack, the Team-Up cards will still be able to be played as then you can use it when your signature Ally is out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DarthofZA said:

They said in the stream that their signature Allies are the other hero that they can team up with, so Ant-Man's signature Ally is Wasp, and Wasp is Ant-Man. Even if you just get the one pack, the Team-Up cards will still be able to be played as then you can use it when your signature Ally is out.

I don't know whether to be happy or not about that.  On the one hand you get to use the Team-up card in solo; on the other hand the paired identities are both going to have a card that's only a resource.

Unless we are talking about different Alter-ego versions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

I don't know whether to be happy or not about that.  On the one hand you get to use the Team-up card in solo; on the other hand the paired identities are both going to have a card that's only a resource.

Unless we are talking about different Alter-ego versions...

Hey, my comment got approved.

As your 'pair' would be available as an ally when playing solo or with another character, the Team-up option would still be available. That's the bit I don't understand - make them both identity-specific cards or both Basic.

I'll probably be moaned at for this but having cards that can only be used as a resource isn't that bad in my mind. In every hand around 2/3 to 3/4 of cards are used as resources to pay for others.

One thing I think would have been better was having the 'pair' as a support and not an ally. That way, they would stay in play throughout the game with a useful ability and be available for Team-up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gerry_C said:

Hey, my comment got approved.

As your 'pair' would be available as an ally when playing solo or with another character, the Team-up option would still be available. That's the bit I don't understand - make them both identity-specific cards or both Basic.

I'll probably be moaned at for this but having cards that can only be used as a resource isn't that bad in my mind. In every hand around 2/3 to 3/4 of cards are used as resources to pay for others.

One thing I think would have been better was having the 'pair' as a support and not an ally. That way, they would stay in play throughout the game with a useful ability and be available for Team-up.

I’m not sure it was actually confirmed that they’d be signature allies and not just allies that could go in other decks. I think it might be more interesting if you could say build a deck for another character with Ant Man Ally, Wasp sally and Swarm Attack, but I guess we’ll see...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FearLord said:

I’m not sure it was actually confirmed that they’d be signature allies and not just allies that could go in other decks. I think it might be more interesting if you could say build a deck for another character with Ant Man Ally, Wasp sally and Swarm Attack, but I guess we’ll see...

I think you're onto something. Not willing to go back and re-watch it, but now that you mention it, I don't actually remember if it was signature Ally or not. Now I'm hoping that it isn't signature for this reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Assussanni said:

By my reckoning we’ve got Rise of Red Skull + Kang + 4 heroes for September through to February ‘21. That puts Galaxy’s Most Wanted at March/April (can’t remember if they gave the date on stream) end of February. Then at least three heroes (Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax) would take us through to around June.

So just based on MC products we can reasonably speculate about I think it’s safe to say that we won’t see X-Men as playable heroes until second half 2021. Throw in another GotG hero and a scenario pack and the earliest we’re likely to see them is Q4.

They’ve confirmed to content creators apparently that Ant Man will be a second October release, which if everything goes to plan means the announced schedule now looks like this:

August - Hulk Hero Pack (Aggression)

September - Rise of the Red Skull Campaign Pack (5 x Scenarios, 3 x modular sets, Hawkeye [Leadership], Spider-Woman [Aggression/Justice]

October - The Once and Future Kang Scenario Pack (1 x Scenario and 3 x modular sets) and Ant Man Hero Pack (Leadership)

November - Wasp Hero Pack (Aggression)

December - Quicksilver Hero Pack (Protection)

January - Scarlet Witch Hero Pack (Not announced, but willing to bet Justice) 

February - Galaxy’s Most Wanted Campaign Pack (5 x Scenarios, 3-4 modular sets, Groot [Protection], Rocket [Aggression]

Presumably that will be followed up with a scenario pack in March (not clear if this will tie to a Guardians or be something a bit different) then 4 hero packs from April to July (Almost certainly Star Lord, Gamora and Drax with one additional Guardian or cosmic hero thrown in) and then a new Campaign box in August. Unclear what the theme of this would be - X Men is possible, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a cycle of more street level stuff like Daredevil, Luke Cage, etc with maybe X-Men in the cycle after that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, IceHot42 said:

Either way 32 is better than 29 (Ms Marvel/Thor - Box Back).  We can be hopeful for some fun stuff in Hulk as well as his Box Back says 30.

All of Hulk’s cards are on Hall of Heroes if want to know contents (not sure if you’re aware and just avoiding spoilers?) There’s definitely some fun stuff in there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FearLord said:

They’ve confirmed to content creators apparently that Ant Man will be a second October release, which if everything goes to plan means the announced schedule now looks like this:

August - Hulk Hero Pack (Aggression)

September - Rise of the Red Skull Campaign Pack (5 x Scenarios, 3 x modular sets, Hawkeye [Leadership], Spider-Woman [Aggression/Justice]

October - The Once and Future Kang Scenario Pack (1 x Scenario and 3 x modular sets) and Ant Man Hero Pack (Leadership)

November - Wasp Hero Pack (Aggression)

December - Quicksilver Hero Pack (Protection)

January - Scarlet Witch Hero Pack (Not announced, but willing to bet Justice) 

February - Galaxy’s Most Wanted Campaign Pack (5 x Scenarios, 3-4 modular sets, Groot [Protection], Rocket [Aggression]

I figured there would be a double-up somewhere. I'm so excited for everything coming out. Now we need a Vision hero. I'm hoping there are plans for a Team Up card for Scarlet Witch and Vision. They could certainly do some interesting things with the whole Team Up mechanic in the future. I'm betting we'll see more of those for already released heroes at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FearLord said:

All of Hulk’s cards are on Hall of Heroes if want to know contents (not sure if you’re aware and just avoiding spoilers?) There’s definitely some fun stuff in there!

more like semi-avoiding...I dont mind spoilers I run into, but Im not going to seek them out.  Im aware of the beat cop and that he is aggro and that some people think he will be challenging to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FearLord said:

They’ve confirmed to content creators apparently that Ant Man will be a second October release, which if everything goes to plan means the announced schedule now looks like this:

 

Kind of surprised they didnt double him up in November with Wasp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ant-Man and Wasp appear to only really have the 1 team up card that references each other, so that is whatever.

But Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch reference each other in their AE (in addition to the team up card) so it would have made the most sense to double their release, shrugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/30/2020 at 7:47 AM, FearLord said:

I think the recent comics have also leaned quite heavily on the films to be fair, so it’s definitely smart to go with characters that are familiar to the audience for the most part. Depending on how long they want to do cosmic characters for we might see some more obscure ones (or the film ones will be hero packs and the less famous ones will be their allies).

Yeah even the Marvel comics have slowly steered the book toward a more MCU-like depiction of the Guardians.  That said even in the recent runs we get plenty of classic GotG stuff that has yet to appear in the films.  Nova, Phyla, Cosmo, Adam Warlock etc.  all make appearances in the current run.  I'm personally hoping we get a Cosmo card in the game.  Also the Richard Rider version of Nova would be great.  Preferably his Nova Prime incarnation, but since he's been demoted as of late I'll settle for regular Nova.  Maybe even some OG Guardians stuff like Vance Astro or Starhawk.  A Vance Astro card would be pretty neat.  Fingers crossed for some book related fan service.

Probably most significantly they previewed the first X-Men related card in Warlock, which is cool and hopefully slows down the theories that FFG cant' put X-Men in the game.  They are just waiting for their turn (assume at least after Avengers and GotG's "cycles" are finished).  I'd like Fantastic Four stuff before X-Men, but I can appreciate that they get asked about X-Men in every interview and livestream.  So they must know the demand is there.  That said New Mutants was my favorite X book back in the day so I am more than happy to see Warlock pop up. Also as an alien it makes sense to show him off when we are heading out into space.

Edited by phillos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, phillos said:

 That said New Mutants was my favorite X book back in the day so I am more than happy to see Warlock pop up. Also as an alien it makes sense to show him off when we are heading out into space.

New mutants neat.  Such a big universe, I hope they dig their fingers into as many of the crevices as they can (OG Guardians, OG Defenders, Invaders, Exiles, Runaways, Liberty Legion, New Warriors, Divas, Inhumans, Eternals, Thunderbolts, Heroes for Hire, Midnight Sons, etc.)

Edited by IceHot42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They said on the livestream that they're starting with the MCU, in part, because it's free advertising.  They also said X-Men are coming, and Boggs is really excited about it as they're the comics that got him into Marvel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...