maniakmedic

In-Flight Report and Expansion Discussion... Discussion

Most of the Marvel Champions announcement will likely be the 4 heroes that have already been leaked anyway. But maybe we will get another one thrown in!

Oh One of the expansions I wanted to come. Thanks :-) Hope Guardians will mean Thanos somehow, If they make another thing like Red Skull They'll release two heroes in the box and the rest in following packs.

3 minutes ago, Elrad said:

Oh One of the expansions I wanted to come. Thanks 🙂 Hope Guardians will mean Thanos somehow, If they make another thing like Red Skull They'll release two heroes in the box and the rest in following packs.

It’s just like Red Skull - 2 heroes (Rocket and Groot) and 5 scenarios (with Ronin, Collector and Nebula on the cover). I’d expect the next 4 hero packs following to be Guardians at least.

Posted (edited)

so the third expansion will be X-Men if they plan on releasing multiple groups like that. Or an Asgard one but having already Thor...like we already have Black Widow and Captain America, si a Shield box is not to be expected before end 2021 or 2022 or later

EDIT : just watched the full video and saw they'll release an x-men game so maybe X-men in MC won't be a thing anytime soon (?)

Edit 2 : What ? is that Descent 3 on the horizon ? 

Edited by Elrad

My first thought on the Galaxy's Most Wanted cards was that Groot was lacking HP, then I read his ability and realised that he's actualy going to be quite the tank.  Which makes sense.  The bits about specific hero synergies is, I think, going to be continued with Groot and Rocket, even though not mentioned.  Flora and Fauna looks and sounds like it's going to be a good card for the two of them, even as it's Basic.  In fact, it makes sense that any cards designed to be better for specific sets of heros are Basic: you don't want them core, since they woud be dead most of the time; you don't want them in a specific aspect because it would limit things so much; thus, Basic.

Looks like they are leaning heavily into the Guardians of the Galaxy films from the box, which I think that's a smart move. I wonder if we'll see any influence from the comics at all, e..g a Phyla-Vell (Quasar) hero pack. And will we see our first character who gets released as both hero and villain in Adam Warlock/Magus?

36 minutes ago, Assussanni said:

Looks like they are leaning heavily into the Guardians of the Galaxy films from the box, which I think that's a smart move. I wonder if we'll see any influence from the comics at all, e..g a Phyla-Vell (Quasar) hero pack. And will we see our first character who gets released as both hero and villain in Adam Warlock/Magus?

Well based on the box art, Nebula is going to be a Scenario so it’s possible she might later get a hero pack (or be an ally)...

I think the recent comics have also leaned quite heavily on the films to be fair, so it’s definitely smart to go with characters that are familiar to the audience for the most part. Depending on how long they want to do cosmic characters for we might see some more obscure ones (or the film ones will be hero packs and the less famous ones will be their allies).

One thought I had:

The new hero packs start distribution in November and the GotG box drops in February, so either in one month there is a double-up on releases or they miscounted and the GotG box should be hitting in March. For myself, I would love to get two hero packs at once, but I know that might not work well for some people who are on a much tighter budget than I am. Hopefully that gets cleared up in the MC Discussion stream this morning.

5 hours ago, Elrad said:

so the third expansion will be X-Men if they plan on releasing multiple groups like that. Or an Asgard one but having already Thor...like we already have Black Widow and Captain America, si a Shield box is not to be expected before end 2021 or 2022 or later

There are quite a few options for the next wave after Guardians. Defenders, Eternals, Inhumans, Champions, Young Avengers, mystic stuff...

5 hours ago, FearLord said:

It’s just like Red Skull - 2 heroes (Rocket and Groot) and 5 scenarios (with Ronin, Collector and Nebula on the cover). I’d expect the next 4 hero packs following to be Guardians at least.

Hero packs guess- Starlord, Gamora, Drax and Cosmo. 

Posted (edited)

So many great things are coming our way here. I can barely concentrate on work. 😂

The team-up cards are great ideas to make co-op play more meaningful, and the way this can work solo (with the signature allies, if you don't play two-handed) is a nice touch, showing they still care.

I never cared much for Quicksilver because I don't really know who he is but his Hero ability is versatility on steroids that might put Captain America to shame. Buffing any of his basic stats make him as reliable as Cap for a cheaper cost, and with proportionally more potential in the future, i.e. whenever we get other cards that increase basic abilities. We already have that with Protection, in fact. I've always found Expert Defense difficult to play because there is already a cost of readying back after defending, and though Expert Defense is 0-costed, it's still one card less in your hand to start your turn against some damage you could mitigate in other ways (such as with Energy Barries). Now I think Quicksilver can eat Expert Defense for breakfast. 

Yeah, the 3-sided, or "folding", identity cards, not something I saw coming either.

If you guys don't solo two-handed, I think this will change with Rocket and Groot. I mean, not even for the team-up cards between them. It's just... I mean, come on. You know you have to do it.

Rocket getting effects off excessive damage is both hilariously thematic and a nice new puzzle for the mathematically-inclined player who hates waste.

Warlock is an auto-include in my Spider-Man Protection Deck.

My brain hasn't finished exploding after the Spider-Woman reveal. This is all starting to be way more than I can handle. 😂

Edited by Ascarel

I have to continue shaking my head in disbelief at Quicksilver. His hero ability is once per phase. When a Justice player gives him Heroic Intuition, it means Protection Quicksilver can thwart for 4 on his turn, defend freely in the villain phase and come back readied on his next turn. Or defend _twice_ in the villain phase and come back readied with a good ol' Indomitable. And for good measure, a third player on Leadership can Morale Boost him. This is just bunkers.

9 hours ago, FearLord said:

I’d expect the next 4 hero packs following to be Guardians at least.

Hopefully they do Vance Astrovik, Martinex, and Starhawk/Aleta (which I think would be a cool combo), unfortunately they probably wont go that route.

26 minutes ago, Ascarel said:

I never cared much for Quicksilver because I don't really know who he is ...

Essentially the twin of Wanda (Scarlet Witch) originally part of the Brotherhood of Mutants with family ties to Magneto.  He switched over and was part of the x-men and avengers.  I liked his film portrayal by Evan Peters.

He is pretty much an early day staple of the Avengers (far more so than Hulk).  He has 130 or so appearances in Avengers vol. 1

He is your basic speedster.

He also marries Crystal from the Inhumans (which gives him some Fantastic Four ties).