wurms

NEW POINTS! FFG Article: Adjusted Squad Specs

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

Maybe, how often were they taken? Not very from what I've seen so the 1 point reduction in cost might be Max fishing for more data on them to be generated.

That's fair. I'm mainly glad Brockets didn't go down. The pricing similarities between focus-missiles and lock-missiles has always made me sad; lock-missiles should almost always be cheaper. I think I'm content with where they're at now. Looking forward to testing some in the wild.

28 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Hyperspace and Extended both have legality columns, Dash is still not Hyperspace legal. (Well trolled though if that was your intention :) )

Diamond Borons are though which gives Seps more options (only faction with hyperspace legal ships that have the requisite 2 missile slots).

Think i got a little excited 😊

Posted (edited)

Tigger Alert:  This is not a complaint!

Now that the PDFs now contained pilot subtitle, a chance to actually soft-ban things ([HS = no] + [Ext = no] = (Casual Only)) and Keywords (c'mon FFG, start calling things Bounty Hunters and Pirates!!!!) the game is nearly to the point where it has free codexes for the factions, and cards are even more just for decoration.

On the bright side, all this new data in an adjustable "codex" sure opens the game up, creatively speaking.

Edited by Darth Meanie

They also increased the point cost for Agility 2 Hull Upgrade to 6 (previously 5) without highlighting the change. Sneaky pirates!

It costs the same as the Agility 2 Shield Upgrade now. I wonder why this change was made...

3 minutes ago, Laminidas said:

They also increased the point cost for Agility 2 Hull Upgrade to 6 (previously 5) without highlighting the change. Sneaky pirates!

It costs the same as the Agility 2 Shield Upgrade now. I wonder why this change was made...

Or if it's just a typo... they've done that in the past.

1 minute ago, Laminidas said:

I hope so. This change doesn't make any sense to me as the Shield Upgrade is considered superior.

It is. A crit against a shield charge generally has no additional effect while a crit against a hull point does.

1 hour ago, Frimmel said:

Official Squad-builder has the new points. It is showing the new points when you click on a saved list but the saved-list list shows the old total. 

In addition to this, Crack Shot and Passive Sensors are still behaving the old way in the app: 1 point, and 3 points on All initiatives.

39 minutes ago, Laminidas said:

I hope so. This change doesn't make any sense to me as the Shield Upgrade is considered superior.

Hull Upgrade still showing up as 5 in the App.  Now, that's not conclusive or anything, but seems likely that it's a typo.

Also of note; Magva Hatin' Kanan is now 107 as long as you can squeeze a (now quite viable) Ezra TIE or Sheathipede into your list.

Also look at all the Ezras! Gunner costs the same as VTG on a Y-Wing, Sheathipede and Shuttle are equal at a decent-ish 40, and the TIE is now 6 points cheaper than a generic inquisitor, making it the cheapest Sense/Foresight platform in the game!

1 hour ago, Synel said:

In addition to this, Crack Shot and Passive Sensors are still behaving the old way in the app: 1 point, and 3 points on All initiatives.

Seems a lot of the generic upgrades are still showing old point values, at least for missiles and torpedoes.

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Also of note; Magva Hatin' Kanan is now 107 as long as you can squeeze a (now quite viable) Ezra TIE or Sheathipede into your list.

Also look at all the Ezras! Gunner costs the same as VTG on a Y-Wing, Sheathipede and Shuttle are equal at a decent-ish 40, and the TIE is now 6 points cheaper than a generic inquisitor, making it the cheapest Sense/Foresight platform in the game!

Bless you. I always tended to stick to gunner, because it was more cost effective, but the more other ships you can get on the table, the more value you can get out of Kanan's ability before he goes boom :P 

9 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

I can see them adding Clone-only talents for the Republic, or Spectre-only for Rebels. 

Or theme squads like Black Sun pirates or Mandalorians.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Bless you. I always tended to stick to gunner, because it was more cost effective, but the more other ships you can get on the table, the more value you can get out of Kanan's ability before he goes boom :P 

Yeah I feel like he's only really worth it in a 3-4-ship list.

Try this one:

Kanan Jarrus (76)    
    Hate (9)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    
    Maul (12)    
    Magva Yarro (8)    
    Ghost (0)    

AP-5 (32)    
    Phantom (0)    

Ezra Bridger (TIE Fighter) (30)    

Phoenix Squadron Pilot (29)    
    Crack Shot (2)    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z62X204WWW137W48W51WWW148Y72XWWWW167Y14XWY53X116W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Or this one

Kanan Jarrus (76)    
    Hate (9)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    
    Maul (12)    
    Magva Yarro (8)    
    Ghost (0)    

Sense (5)    

Miranda Doni (40)    
    Hotshot Gunner (7)    
    Sabine Wren (3)    
    Bomblet Generator (5)    
    Advanced SLAM (3)     

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z62X204WWW137W48W51WWW148Y14X75WY17XWWW86W57WW67W104&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Edited by ClassicalMoser

Just now, ClassicalMoser said:

Try this one:

Kanan Jarrus (76)    
    Hate (9)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    
    Maul (12)    
    Magva Yarro (8)    
    Ghost (0)    

AP-5 (32)    
    Phantom (0)    

Crack Shot (2)    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z62X204WWW137W48W51WWW148Y72XWWWW167Y14XWY53X116W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Sabine TIE instead of Phoenix?

Posted (edited)

Oh also no big deal but hey you can get a full Dash/Han list now...

Dash Rendar (85)    
    Lone Wolf (5)    
    Agile Gunner (5)    
    Outrider (14)    
Ship total: 109

Han Solo (79)    
    Lando Calrissian (2)    
    Engine Upgrade (7)    
    Millennium Falcon (3)    
Ship total: 91

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z39X124WW76WWW157WY42XWWW44WW107WW154&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Definitely getting more mileage out of Han than Dash there, but at least it's possible now.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

5 hours ago, Clutterbuck said:

I had been slowly amassing 4 Silencers in the hope that they would drop from 51 to 50.  I'm not sure what extra utility comes from a drop to 48 - maybe 2 Optics?  Or 2 Targeting Synchronizers.    The 8 point bid seems unnecessary, so I'd like to do something with it.  

Sadly, I don't think that when the Xi-shuttle comes out, it would work to have Hux plus 3 Silencers, because I think the Shuttle's coordinate is red.  Hux in an Upsilon doesn't allow 3 Silencers either.  

4 Fanatical or go home! But seriously, Fanatical is the best faction talent by far. Haven’t read the article yet, hoping it’s still 2 points.   

21 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Try this one:

Kanan Jarrus (76)    
    Hate (9)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    
    Maul (12)    
    Magva Yarro (8)    
    Ghost (0)    

AP-5 (32)    
    Phantom (0)    

Crack Shot (2)    

Or this one

Kanan Jarrus (76)    
    Hate (9)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    
    Maul (12)    
    Magva Yarro (8)    
    Ghost (0)    

Sense (5)    

Miranda Doni (40)    
    Hotshot Gunner (7)    
    Sabine Wren (3)    
    Bomblet Generator (5)    
    Advanced SLAM (3)     

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z62X204WWW137W48W51WWW148Y14X75WY17XWWW86W57WW67W104&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Kanan Jarrus (76)    
    Heightened Perception (3)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    
    "Zeb" Orrelios (1)    
    Saw Gerrera (9)    
    Shield Upgrade (3)    
    Veteran Turret Gunner (7)    
    Ghost (0)    

Ship total: 101  Half Points: 51  Threshold: 8    

Sabine Wren (TIE Fighter) (28)    
Ship total: 28  Half Points: 14  Threshold: 2    

Ship total: 29  Half Points: 15  Threshold: 2    

Ezra Bridger (40)    

Dorsal Turret (2)    
    Phantom (0)    

Ship total: 42  Half Points: 21  Threshold: 2    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z62X72WWW137W65W58W165W90W148Y13XWY53XWY67XWWW137W167&sn=Kanan I7&obs=