FTS Gecko

Vader in a TIE Defender

Ryad pt fortress 97

Advance Sensors, DAREDEVIL, Homing Missile.

Countdown bate 48

hull upgrade

Scarif support 55

T.C., C,Ree, Shield Upgrade

look what Ryad can do... hard boost left, turn left, 3-5K facing the same direction just behind where she was before!!!

ok ok Ryad is stressed. But NOBODY expected that crazy trick. It will take them two turns to get arc again and by that time I’m gone! 

I’ll win IF I can keep Ryad alive after killing a ship and a half.

Countdown can be replaced with Dutchess or Pure Sabacc. With Targeting computer.

Maybe it’s bad, BUT IT’s COOL right? Ya ya no maybe?

On 8/4/2020 at 8:17 AM, FTS Gecko said:

I miss seing @Biophysical's input, especially on the Defenders...

Man, I've been otherwise occupied since February, and I log in for the first time in months and there's Defenders. 

The short version:

1.)  Defenders aren't fun for me because they're skewed way too hard to defense. 

2.)  Consequently, if I take them, I attempt to maximize useful offense.

3.)  Consequently, I like Deltas, because they get the most offense per point and two allows a good 3rd ship (Soontir).  I also like Rexler with Advanced Sensors and Lone Wolf.  AS combined with Rexler's i5 gives you a massive amount of flexibility, and that flexibility lets you attack much more frequently, as you don't have to second guess being blocked.  If you're blocked, you can either bail out with AS or just Focus and get Lone Wolf.  Lone Wolf is also good with a wide range of maneuvers so you're not stuck on 3+ speed maneuvers to try to get your action efficiency.  Rexler/Soontir/v1 with force is a solid squad.  

4.)  Juke is not good on Rexler because he becomes so heavily reliant on certain maneuvers that it becomes so trivial to avoid or block him.  Furthermore, as a very expensive ship, you have fewer ships to try and leverage the advantages of Juke.  In a 1v1 scenario, Juke rarely makes a big difference.  If a defender is facing more than one enemy ship, it's even worse.  

5.)  Vader should never ever ever be in a Defender.  

1 hour ago, Biophysical said:

Man, I've been otherwise occupied since February, and I log in for the first time in months and there's Defenders. 

The short version:

1.)  Defenders aren't fun for me because they're skewed way too hard to defense. 

2.)  Consequently, if I take them, I attempt to maximize useful offense.

3.)  Consequently, I like Deltas, because they get the most offense per point and two allows a good 3rd ship (Soontir).  I also like Rexler with Advanced Sensors and Lone Wolf.  AS combined with Rexler's i5 gives you a massive amount of flexibility, and that flexibility lets you attack much more frequently, as you don't have to second guess being blocked.  If you're blocked, you can either bail out with AS or just Focus and get Lone Wolf.  Lone Wolf is also good with a wide range of maneuvers so you're not stuck on 3+ speed maneuvers to try to get your action efficiency.  Rexler/Soontir/v1 with force is a solid squad.  

4.)  Juke is not good on Rexler because he becomes so heavily reliant on certain maneuvers that it becomes so trivial to avoid or block him.  Furthermore, as a very expensive ship, you have fewer ships to try and leverage the advantages of Juke.  In a 1v1 scenario, Juke rarely makes a big difference.  If a defender is facing more than one enemy ship, it's even worse.  

5.)  Vader should never ever ever be in a Defender.  

Right. So give me a Defender I can use. Not Vader. But I6... OR make Ryad affordable. Or even make Onyx Affordable. Keep Delta 67 but maybe make Onyx like 69... so I can fit a good ace with them. And make Ryad the 74.

I honestly don’t know but from talking to you guys it seems ONLY Deltas are seeing tournament play.

2 hours ago, andrewctr said:

Keep Delta 67 but maybe make Onyx like 69... so I can fit a good ace with them. And make Ryad the 74.

Close but not there yet. Onyx is I4 and that's actually a big deal. 74 is close to where they should be, and it definitely shouldn't go below 70. Compare to the E-Wing, TIE Interceptor, etc. I4 is a pricy upgrade.

However, I don't think Ryad and Vessery's abilities are really better than Rexler's initiative. They should all be high-70s or so. Again they're very close to "right" at this point.

2 hours ago, andrewctr said:

I honestly don’t know but from talking to you guys it seems ONLY Deltas are seeing tournament play.

Only Deltas (and some Rex) have seen tournament play. The changes just happened a couple days ago. Lots more options are open now, not just in the defenders themselves but in their wingmen. Try a swarm of Juke Barons? There's a nice cheap little ship for you. Plenty tanky and acts like a multi-crack when they don't get shot at.

6 hours ago, Biophysical said:

3.)  I also like Rexler with Advanced Sensors and Lone Wolf.  AS combined with Rexler's i5 gives you a massive amount of flexibility, and that flexibility lets you attack much more frequently, as you don't have to second guess being blocked.  If you're blocked, you can either bail out with AS or just Focus and get Lone Wolf.  Lone Wolf is also good with a wide range of maneuvers so you're not stuck on 3+ speed maneuvers to try to get your action efficiency.  Rexler/Soontir/v1 with force is a solid squad. 

This has become my preferred Rexie build, as well, for much the same reasons. The other reason I like is that a lot of players see the Advanced Sensors Defender and automatically think that they can't catch it, so they go for the supporting act first. Then they turn around and realise that they haven't even started on the Advanced Sensors Defender yet, and now it has permanent Lone Wolf...

Seyn Marana 34 (basic tie)

Markmanship, Targeting computer

Rexler 96

Advance Sensors, Predator, Homing Missile

Delta 69 

FCS

total 199

Looks to me like Seyn can get hits under shields. Rexler opens those up with H.M. or just hitting. Probably hard to pull that off but Seyn is cheep and still a little scary.

Delta blocks for the team. 

Do I need a bid? Is predator on Rexlar worth? Is T.C. on Seyn worth? Is Seyn worth at all?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, andrewctr said:

Do I need a bid?

For Rex? I think I'd land on the side of "you're not winning the bidding war against I5s who care about it" so I'd hardly bother. Maybe a point or two.

Is predator on Rexlar worth?

For a ship that likes to 4K, that bullseye is crazy easy to avoid. Lone Wolf is much much better.

Is T.C. on Seyn worth? Is Seyn worth at all?

Not really. She's good with Gideon and Dell and massed Concussion Missiles, but other than that she's more annoying than threatening. For her cost I'd buy something with 3 dice. Maybe a striker with seismics. Or drop a couple points off to put LW on Rex and take something different.

New idea!

This fits:

Colonel Vessery (82)    
    Juke (7)    
Ship total: 89

3x Baron of the Empire (28)    
    Juke (7)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    
Ship total: 37 x 3

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v8ZsZ200Z194X123WWWY172X123W113WY172X123W113WY172X123W113W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Classic Crack Swarm except one of them is a double-modded ace and everyone gets to keep doing it over and over and over and over as long as they can focus fire. This will run Jedi out of force fast and should burn through any green dice in no time.

Now, getting a lock in the first place might be a struggle...

Edited by ClassicalMoser

4 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

New idea!

This fits:

Colonel Vessery (82)    
    Juke (7)    
Ship total: 89

3x Baron of the Empire (28)    
    Juke (7)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    
Ship total: 37 x 3

Total: 200    

Now, getting a lock in the first place might be a struggle...

That last point is why I went 2x SuperInq with Vess, they make lighting up his targets quite simple. Winning the damage race whilst being necessarily cagey is the tricky bit.

13 hours ago, DR4CO said:

This has become my preferred Rexie build, as well, for much the same reasons. The other reason I like is that a lot of players see the Advanced Sensors Defender and automatically think that they can't catch it, so they go for the supporting act first. Then they turn around and realise that they haven't even started on the Advanced Sensors Defender yet, and now it has permanent Lone Wolf...

Yep!