Sign in to follow this  
Sooner535

Upcoming Arkham products question

On 7/25/2020 at 8:32 PM, Sooner535 said:

Anyone hear any news when we will be receiving the starter decks and the new return to? I’m dying for them lol

The Return to the Forgotten Age is supposed to come out on the 7th of August... And the Starter Decks are supposed to come out at the end of august (probably the 28th).

For preorders it is usually the date that they are expected to arrive with the customer, although exact details may depend on the store and shipping method.

From what I’ve heard, preorders direct from FFG typically ship near the start of the release week so you may even receive them before their general release dates.

Finally, if you ordered them all together it may be that the Return To The Forgotten Age box is held until the Starter Decks are also ready and they will then all be dispatched together. Again this probably depends on the chosen shipping method, but I’ve never ordered direct from FFG so I don’t know what their policy is.

4 hours ago, Assussanni said:

For preorders it is usually the date that they are expected to arrive with the customer, although exact details may depend on the store and shipping method.

From what I’ve heard, preorders direct from FFG typically ship near the start of the release week so you may even receive them before their general release dates.

Finally, if you ordered them all together it may be that the Return To The Forgotten Age box is held until the Starter Decks are also ready and they will then all be dispatched together. Again this probably depends on the chosen shipping method, but I’ve never ordered direct from FFG so I don’t know what their policy is.

You know I kinda figured that would happen and purposely did the return to on a separate order lol thank you guys so much for the responses and letting me know :)

Posted (edited)

My RTttFA professed today too! My question now is, will it actually ship? PreCovid I could always count on it shipping tomorrow and I would have it Saturday, 5 days before release. Post Covid...well , the first month the processing was all normal, the email and money came out of the account exactly when it usually did.  But then it never shipped. I figured it was just the craziness of getting everything back up and running. I waited until several days after the release date, and contacted them and they finally shipped it. 
Last month, the same sort of thing happened. Again everything processed right on time, but we got no tracking email that week, or by the following week, so I sent an inquiry to see if I had missed it. Like the month previously, it just hadn’t shipped. 
Now I am wondering if my orders have a weird glitch where they are processed and money withdrawn, but the buck stops there (no pun intended) and they don’t actually ship. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Edited by Mimi61

Do you order from TC Mimi?  Their processing notification precedes the actual ship date by quite a bit usually.  That's them making the labels for the packages and getting it all in order so when they get the product in they can go right back out to us.  I wanna say a week or so before I get a shipping notification for the same order I'll see the processing notification on average.  My guess is when they get their shipment notification for their order and their final count then they kick off  the process.

For FFG though I have no idea what to expect for their preorders.  I've never preordered through them.

I wouldn't expect to see any of this on my table until early August.  I also got processing notifications for my TC subscriptions.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, phillos said:

Do you order from TC Mimi?  Their processing notification precedes the actual ship date by quite a bit usually.  That's them making the labels for the packages and getting it all in order so when they get the product in they can go right back out to us.  I wanna say a week or so before I get a shipping notification for the same order I'll see the processing notification on average.  My guess is when they get their shipment notification for their order and their final count then they kick off  the process.

For FFG though I have no idea what to expect for their preorders.  I've never preordered through them.

I wouldn't expect to see any of this on my table until early August.  I also got processing notifications for my TC subscriptions.

I order through FFG. Before the shut down,  I’d always get my shipping soon/processing email the Tuesday 10 days before the release date. Money came out of my account the same day. The product then shipped in the next day two and it would come the Saturday before release. Since shut down, the shipping/processing email and money withdrawal still happens on the Tuesday 10 days before release, but the product doesn’t ship for well over a week or two and only after I contact them.  I’m wasn’t sure if it’s happening across the board, or if it’s a glitch in my account. But truly, it’s a small thing in the grand scheme of things! 

Edited by Mimi61

On 7/28/2020 at 5:19 PM, Sooner535 said:

Well >.< I did just get my dirge of reason :))) it’s the only Arkham product I missed and I’m so happy lol reading it will tide me over hopefully :))

Glad to hear it!! It’s a good one.
The 5 investigator packs are supposed to release August 28, so this month makes up for some of the drought😄

On 7/28/2020 at 3:38 PM, Mimi61 said:

I order through FFG. Before the shut down,  I’d always get my shipping soon/processing email the Tuesday 10 days before the release date. Money came out of my account the same day. The product then shipped in the next day two and it would come the Saturday before release. Since shut down, the shipping/processing email and money withdrawal still happens on the Tuesday 10 days before release, but the product doesn’t ship for well over a week or two and only after I contact them.  I’m wasn’t sure if it’s happening across the board, or if it’s a glitch in my account. But truly, it’s a small thing in the grand scheme of things! 

Agree. Not good. 

14 hours ago, Sooner535 said:

Agreed, I’m so ready to get my hands on those cards :))) anyone get a shipping notice for return to yet? 

I got the shipping soon email on Tuesday and my money came out of my account Tuesday, but no shipping yet. In the old days it would’ve shipped Wednesday or yesterday and be here tomorrow. Not these days though! 

>.< I’m also happy that I will finally have the dividers for that cycle as well, makes sorting things so so much easier, it really was a brilliant idea by FFG 

4 hours ago, Duciris said:

I believe they release next week.  I feel like they've been charging my account a week earlier since they reopened.

Funny. For me, they’ve  always charged my account 10 days before release. It’s just the when (if) they  ship that has changed. 😄