Admiral Calkins

In-Flight Report and Clone Wars Preview

1 minute ago, Revan Reborn said:

I'd describe the Hardcell more as a Neb-B than a Hammerhead, considering one version has 3 Reds and 3 Shields in front, 1 Shield on the sides, and 2 Shields on the rear. It's difficult to read its Hull but it looks like a 5 to me, which seems way too strong IMO -- especially considering that a LAAT/i gunship took one out with a pair of air-to-air rockets in AotC.

seperatistfleetstarter.PNG

I'm surprised that the Hardcell was chosen, but I suppose the Separatists needed a small ship as the counterpart to the Republic C70 Corvettes, and the Hardcell fit the bill. The C70 is a Speed 4 ship, so I wonder if the Hardcell will be Speed 4 too?

to be fair it was likely a critical hit that took out its engines that wont kill you in space but on a planet with gravity well.. 

4 minutes ago, xero989 said:

to be fair it was likely a critical hit that took out its engines that wont kill you in space but on a planet with gravity well.. 

Yeah, they aimed for the fuel cells on the sides which are already weak and I doubt they had the shields up so it's would have been especially vulnerable then.

11 minutes ago, ianediger said:

The Jedi Fighters have two new keywords, aside from Counter. I'd assume one is some sort of Force keyword, but I have no clue what the second could be.

One is to reroll an attack die and the other while defending against a squadron to make it reroll 1 die

6 minutes ago, ianediger said:

The Acclimator-I class can take an Officer, Weapons Team, double offensive retro, Ordnance, and Turbolaser, with it's 4/2/2 shields, 7 hull, and 3/3/x stat-line, for 66 points

The Acclamator appears to be comparable to a VSD1, except it has 1 less Black die but 1 more shield in its Front arc. Sides appear to be the same: 2 Reds, 1 Black, and 2 Shields instead of 3. The Acclamator-II version carried 3 Squadrons, like the VSD. The 2 Offensive Retrofit slots is an interesting choice. It could be a good carrier, being able to equip Expanded Hangar Bays and Boosted Comms, and Flight Controllers in its Weapons Team slot. And 66 points for the Acclamator-I version is much better than the VSD1's 73 points. I'm guessing that the Acclamator-II will be around 75 points.

republicfleetstarter.PNG

No idea about the Acclamator's Hull or Speed, but considering the Munificent is Hull 6 and Speed 2, I wouldn't be surprised if the Acclamator is Hull 7 and also Speed 2. The Acclamator-I doesn't have a Support Team slot, so it can't equip Engine Techs like the Munificent can. Although the Acclamator-II could be different. And there's the possibility of a ship title could give the Acclamator the Support Team slot, like Harrow did for the VSD.

The Acclamator is better than I though it would be. I might end up buying more than one.

13 minutes ago, xero989 said:

Yes, and it was Anakin who told the Clone pilot exactly where to shoot, so I suppose calling it a critical hit is fair.

Regardless, the Hardcell is tougher than I expected. When I saw its 3 Red dice and 3 Shields in front, but only 1 Shield on its sides, I thought it would be more of a glass cannon. I suppose that will depend on its defense tokens. I'm predicting 1 or 2 Evade(s) and 1 Brace. I doubt the Hardcell will have a Redirect, Contain, or Salvoy, and it can't have Scatter.

I don't have the pics for CIS fighters but the are just as nuts! Intel and some sort of AI ability .

Please post the pics if someone has em! 

12 minutes ago, Forresto said:

I take it the card upgrade pack is all of the commanders and officers they’ve significantly changed over the years?

If so, color me very impressed. 

If I understood correctly, it's all the existing cards. 

Anyone else notice the change in card sizes? I'm a little sad that ship cards will no longer be tarot sized, but i'll get over it.

I'm more concerned about the "new standard size card format" in the Upgrade Card Collection. They look like standard size cards. It's going to be hard to fit all those upgrades on the table.