Admiral Calkins

In-Flight Report and Clone Wars Preview

5 minutes ago, thecactusman17 said:

Starter sets look great, pricing for them is abysmal, especially if you already have the starter sets.

If Armada CW fails it will be because nobody wants to spend a third of the $100 price tag for dice and game tools they already have too many of.

I think we can count on them releasing those ships as stand alone expansions. Hopefully they will include any unique cards 

Just now, BiggsIRL said:

Does it DO anything or is it just a keyword for upgrades, like "Transport Only"?

Well, seeing as the Acclimator has it separated from the Clone keyword, I'd be inclined to say that it is a separate keyword for upgrades.

Posted (edited)

seperatistfleetstarter.PNG

The Munificent looks like it's a broadside ship! It looks like it has 3 Red dice on each side, and the side arc lines actually extend into the front part of the cardboard base, so it appears that the Munificent will be excellent at double arc-ing. The Munificent appears to have 2 Reds and 2 Blues for its front arc. It's difficult to see its rear arc, but it appears to be 2 Reds. Shields appear to be 4 Front, 3 Sides, and 2 Rear; and its Hull is 6. And the Munificent is only Speed 2. I wasn't able to see the points cost anywhere.

The Munificent is different than I expected. According to canon, Munificent has a pair of fixed-forward heavy turbolaser cannons, so I was expecting it to be a forward-arc ship. Its shields are stronger than I was expecting, but it's hull is exactly right.

The name on the ship card is "Munificent-class Comms Frigate". I'm guessing that means the second, presumably more expensive version, will be the "Star Frigate".

Regardless of surprises, I think multiple Munificents will be formidable.

Edited by Revan Reborn

5 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

I think we can count on them releasing those ships as stand alone expansions. Hopefully they will include any unique cards 

Looks like they aren't planning a separate release until after the starter set launch per the slides, don't think they mentioned individual ship sales during the presentation.

I'm just disappointed that they aren't pushing the same outstanding value that X-Wing and Legion get with their starter sets (cheap for a few minis to start immediately, or expensive with a huge number of minis to get players invested). At least each one gives you a proper selection of ships to command. 

Posted (edited)

The Acclimator is 7 hull, 4/2/2 on shields, and assuming both have the same stat line, is a 3 command, 3 squad, and unknown Engineering.

The Consular is 4 hull, 2/2/1 on shields, stat line of 1 command, 1 squad, and 2 engineering.

Edited by ianediger

Posted (edited)

Munificent can take a support team, so it's speed 2 isn't too terrible.

Edit: The Munificent, whichever version it is, can take an officer, support team, defensive retro, ion cannon, and turbolaser.

Edited by ianediger

2 minutes ago, ianediger said:

Munificent can take a support team, so it's speed 2 isn't too terrible.

Edit: The Munificent, whichever version it is, can take an officer, support team, defensive retro, ion cannon, and turbolaser.

That's a beast.

Looking at the squadron cards in the trailer, I don't notice any differences in their general format or layout

I fear this may be a sign there won't be significant changes to squadron mechanics. We'll see come Saturday

Also Vulture squadrons are terrifying. 2 blacks and a blue with a swarm reroll for 8 points. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

That's a beast.

The Acclimator-I class can take an Officer, Weapons Team, double offensive retro, Ordnance, and Turbolaser, with it's 4/2/2 shields, 7 hull, and 3/3/x stat-line, for 66 points

Edited by ianediger

5 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

Hardcells look like super hammerheads.  Front towards enemy.  3R or 2R1U and 3 shields front.

I'd describe the Hardcell more as a Neb-B than a Hammerhead, considering one version has 3 Reds and 3 Shields in front, 1 Shield on the sides, and 2 Shields on the rear. It's difficult to read its Hull but it looks like a 5 to me, which seems way too strong IMO -- especially considering that a LAAT/i gunship took one out with a pair of air-to-air rockets in AotC.

seperatistfleetstarter.PNG

I'm surprised that the Hardcell was chosen, but I suppose the Separatists needed a small ship as the counterpart to the Republic C70 Corvettes, and the Hardcell fit the bill. The C70 is a Speed 4 ship, so I wonder if the Hardcell will be Speed 4 too?