Admiral Calkins

In-Flight Report and Clone Wars Preview

1 hour ago, Kasuvari said:

Im sure it has been suggested, but I would like a extra card/cardboard in my Republic starter that will let me field my Pelta in addition to whatever repaint they will eventually offer.

Much like the allowed Z95 and Y-wings in both Rebel and Scum X-Wing lists regardless of model.

Pelta AND Aquitens please... lol

12 hours ago, Kasuvari said:

Im sure it has been suggested, but I would like a extra card/cardboard in my Republic starter that will let me field my Pelta in addition to whatever repaint they will eventually offer.

Much like the allowed Z95 and Y-wings in both Rebel and Scum X-Wing lists regardless of model.

I’d like it the other way. I want Imperial Acclamators 😁

I wonder if the Acclimator will come with Rebel cardboard as well, now that's book-canon. The Rebels could do with another medium-base ship (maybe even with a Commander Hera).

As for the "Clone only" stuff, and the idea of clone crews, I wonder if there might also be "Jedi only" stuff, if there are dedicated Jedi ships.

I guess we'll find out in 10 hours.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Are we expecting any news today?

Depending on where you are, yes.

The In-Flight Report is happening at 7pm Central Time, Wednesday 29 July. Which is in about 9 hours from this comment. It will be streamed on Twitch, and uploaded to their YouTube channel afterwards. It is likely the key Armada stuff will revealed during the Report probably coinciding with teaser articles (as usual):

You can look forward to getting a first look at some brand-new product lines, as well as what’s coming next for existing lines like Marvel Champions: The Card Game, Star Wars™: Legion, KeyForge, Star Wars™: Armada, and much, much more!

Sounds like Armada will be left to the end (also as usual), but given they've specifically called out Armada (and we know they have some big stuff they're working on), it is likely we'll get more than just a "something big is coming."

Then there will be a Second Stream, dedicated to Armada, at 9am CDT, Friday 31 July (so 2 days less an hour from this comment). FFG are doing two streams a day, each on a different product, and Armada has the Friday morning slot:

You can come back for more Star Wars miniatures content on Friday morning, as we turn our attention to Star Wars: Armada. You’ve known the Clone Wars are coming to Star Wars: Armada for a long time, and during the In-Flight Report, you’ll get your first real look at what to expect. Watch our stream for a preview of Clone Wars content and rules!

Which is pretty clear that they will be announcing the Clone Wars stuff at the In-Flight Report, then probably playing through a game with the new factions on the Friday stream, discussing the details of how they work and showing off some specific cards.

Details here.

Edited by Grumbleduke

37 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

Depending on where you are, yes.

The In-Flight Report is happening at 7pm Central Time, Wednesday 29 July. Which is in about 9 hours from this comment. It will be streamed on Twitch, and uploaded to their YouTube channel afterwards. It is likely the key Armada stuff will revealed during the Report probably coinciding with teaser articles (as usual):

Sounds like Armada will be left to the end (also as usual), but given they've specifically called out Armada (and we know they have some big stuff they're working on), it is likely we'll get more than just a "something big is coming."

Then there will be a Second Stream, dedicated to Armada, at 9am CDT, Friday 31 July (so 2 days less an hour from this comment). FFG are doing two streams a day, each on a different product, and Armada has the Friday morning slot:

Which is pretty clear that they will be announcing the Clone Wars stuff at the In-Flight Report, then probably playing through a game with the new factions on the Friday stream, discussing the details of how they work and showing off some specific cards.

Details here.

You think they won't hold all the Armada info for the 31st? 

21 minutes ago, eliteone said:

You think they won't hold all the Armada info for the 31st? 

The way I read it, the In-Flight Report is the product announcement - covering all their new stuff. The Friday stream will be more like the preview streams they do for individual new products (like the ones they did for Wave 8 and for RitR). So the In-Flight Report will show what new products we are getting for Armada, with box art, prices and estimated release dates, maybe product spreads, and the follow-up stream may have ships and cards on the table, answering detailed questions about what is coming and how it works.

The quote from the article says "during the In-Flight Report, you’ll get your first real look at what to expect" - aside from the awkward comma that seems pretty clear that the new stuff will be announced this evening.

3 hours ago, shmitty said:

For tonight I’d expect knowing what ships come in the packs, but not much more.  

More info Friday

I agree. I anticipate a reveal of Clone Wars Armada ship miniatures, an overview of what ships and squadrons will be included in the Fleet Starters and Squadron Expansions, and maybe a brief explanation about the Upgrade Card Pack and Dial Pack.

However, I don't think FFG will go into detail about CWA tonight. That'll all be reserved for the July 31st Armada stream.