Sign in to follow this  
xero989

AMM, Commander Emeritus: Sato

I on the other hand have been theorycrafting Sato away from crit. power. My theorycrafting leans into the getting more of the strong dice from Sato. The oddity here is trying to align con. fire command dials with squad movements. Insteresting effect here is giving often looked over abilities like rogue, Independence, and Liberty to gain back lost utility from moving away from squad command dials.

26 minutes ago, Hyperspace Ninja said:

I on the other hand have been theorycrafting Sato away from crit. power. My theorycrafting leans into the getting more of the strong dice from Sato. The oddity here is trying to align con. fire command dials with squad movements. Insteresting effect here is giving often looked over abilities like rogue, Independence, and Liberty to gain back lost utility from moving away from squad command dials.

I have had quite a bit of success with naked cr90As if thats what you are doing.

MonKarren with Overload Pulse followed by a tonne of long range black dice. 

Tasty

My favorite Sato fleet is very similar: 1 MC75 Ordnance, 2 Hammerhead Torpedos, 2 GR75 Combat Retrofits with Tycho, Jan, Kanan, 1 or 2 HWKs and 1 or 2 VCX (depending on how I upgrade the ships). The squadrons aren't there win the squadron war, just to spot the ships, get in the way of enemy bombers and play strategic objectives if possible. Sometimes I include Rex and Cham on the Hammerheads and Ezra and Slicer Tools on the GR75s...makes all the little ships dangerous and annoying. Sometimes I'll switch out Lando for Strategic Advisor on the MC75 for the extra activation during the approach rounds. It's a fun fleet to fly and I've been quite successful with it but you do have to fly with a plan because it can crumple really fast (looking at you Sloane).

I do love a scout frigate with Ordnance experts, assault concussions and title. That’s 88 points of reliable death at all ranges. You can stay at long rerolling 2-3 blacks triging your ACMs and when you go for the final knife range  kill more rerolling  black dice than a gladiator. 

I tend to have an assault frigate with Gunnery teams and boosted coms as flag ship, circles around scattering blasts of black dice and ordering fighters.

my finisher, line hugger is a neb b frigate ( it’s an actual frigate list) salvation with quad battery ( sally con firing with 2 black 1 red and 2 blues can be so much fun).

i also like neb b vanguard with ordnance experts as a slugger, double brace, divert, Aux Shield team and defensive officer of your choice.

thats four solid combat ships.

tycho and 3-4 friends finishes