Reklawyad

Alpha Class Star Wing

Lots of nostalgia for me but not so much from Tie Fighter as it was my least favorite ship in that game.

I started xwing late in first edition and the first tournament I would play in was the same week as the gunboat release. I ended up picking up 2 and flying them for the first time in my first tournament. 2x HLC Gunboats and a Defender. I don't remember the exact result but it was much better than I had expected and gunboats became a mainstay in my tournament lists, mostly Karsabi HLC Wired Linked Battery.

I mean real talk, either reprint the thing, or ban the ship. I know their was talk about not being able to reprint the Legends ships, and that it may not get a reprint. But at this point, if someone didnt get it back in 1.0, its basically impossible to get your hands on, totally unfair to new players.

4 hours ago, Rickwilljames said:

I mean real talk, either reprint the thing, or ban the ship. I know their was talk about not being able to reprint the Legends ships, and that it may not get a reprint. But at this point, if someone didnt get it back in 1.0, its basically impossible to get your hands on, totally unfair to new players.

It is canon.

And why the heck wouldn't they reprint one of their top sellers?

This ship definitely needs to be reprinted. First Edition being overstocked may be a reason to cancel most reprints, but this ship seems to be the exception. This ship disappeared immediately. I was lucky to grab one, the only one I have, just as I was looking back at what First Edition ships I had skipped that I might still want. I passed up the one at my local store, only for me to realize the ship was vanishing, and by the time I noticed it was already too late at my store. We had to drive quite far to get the one of only two remaining in my whole region, and I had to call around for awhile to even find those.

I'm content with the one I have, but it's not fair to everyone else that a ship they may want or need for their lists just doesn't exist anymore.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Rickwilljames said:

Real talk - Yoda would like to explain a little concept known as "patience".  The Lambda shuttle hasn't been reprinted yet, FFG have a lot of ships to get through.

The Hound's Tooth, Punishing One, Decimator, Scyk and Z-95 have already been reprinted, so the "not being able to reprint Legends ships" rumour doesn't carry much weight.

As for banning ships that haven"t seen a rerelease yet - they do.  It's called Hyperspace format.

Edited by FTS Gecko

I picked up 6 total. 5 during 1.0 days and another a few years ago which is still in the packaging. I'm hoping for a re-print but am not holding my breath.

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 7:23 PM, FTS Gecko said:

Real talk - Yoda would like to explain a little concept known as "patience".  The Lambda shuttle hasn't been reprinted yet, FFG have a lot of ships to get through.

The Hound's Tooth, Punishing One, Decimator, Scyk and Z-95 have already been reprinted, so the "not being able to reprint Legends ships" rumour doesn't carry much weight.

As for banning ships that haven"t seen a rerelease yet - they do.  It's called 

I can still find Lambda shuttles at my local game store or for sale cheap anywhere. I have four myself. The only gunboat I see on eBay right now is $75.00.

EDIT: Final sale price $79.00 plus $5.00 shipping.

Edited by Wolfshead
Update

On 7/17/2020 at 12:57 PM, PhantomFO said:

Because they remain the only Imperial ship that can be converted into Transformers.

rGcy4S9.jpg

They look like true Cybertronian Decepticon seekers.  Awesome work!

On 7/18/2020 at 5:49 PM, Odanan said:

If it’s reintroduced on the basis of it being Used by REBELS in canon, ehhh... as someone who started X-Wing as an Empire player, I don’t know how I feel about that.

15 hours ago, Synel said:

If it’s reintroduced on the basis of it being Used by REBELS in canon, ehhh... as someone who started X-Wing as an Empire player, I don’t know how I feel about that.

Baby steps, my friend. Baby steps.

Yo, yo:

I’m the G to the UN to the B-O-T
Where’s the A? That’s the part that I’m kickin’, see?
I be SLAMmin’, and Jammin’ — at least the first 
And my main man Vynder load ‘em into the hearse—

Now gather round y’all fools, cuz I got the bling,
Bona fide Diamond-Boron, but it ain’t no ring
And ya best step back or you gonna see
How I show all y’all the backhand of my A-P-T!

*chorus*
Please Hatchet, don’t hurt ‘em (yeah!)
Please Hatchet, don’t hurt ‘em (what?)
Please Hatchet, don’t hurt ‘em (WHOA!)

I do a three-bank, SLAM, and I do it again
Lock ‘em hard, light ‘em up, I’m the Emperor’s Hand
Crittin’ natties all day while you’re rollin’ ‘em blanks
And if you suckas were ponies, I’d be kicking’ ya flanks

*chorus*

8 hours ago, CoffeeMinion said:

Yo, yo:

*chorus*

*chorus*

giphy.gif

On 7/16/2020 at 9:42 PM, theBitterFig said:

People like them for some silly reason.  They aren't good in the game (not beyond Vynder at least), but I know a lot of folks have an emotional attachment to them based on the video games.  So high demand, based on animal spirits.

Meanwhile, there aren't very many of them around, so supply is constrained.

The best reason to buy. You will never regret even if not so powerfull in metagame

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 4:49 PM, Odanan said:

It is canon.

On 7/21/2020 at 9:24 PM, Synel said:

Based on some statements by Matt Martin, Wookieepedia is now referencing all FFG material that isn't explicitly Legends as Canon until proven otherwise.

In other words, assume everything in this game is Canon unless proven otherwise (obvious Legends content like Corran, Katarn, Ors, etc.). It all probably will be eventually anyway.

Worthy of note: The TIE Punisher was the TIE/it in Legends. In X-Wing it is reflected as the TIE/ca, which seems to be the canonical designation for it.

But regardless of legends/canon status, we can reasonably expect most things to get reprinted whenever the stock dries up completely and FFG doesn't have something else burning a hole in their pocket. I myself would really like a K-Wing and maybe some E-Wings, but they're very nearly as hard to find as the gunboat.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

16 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Worthy of note: The TIE Punisher was the TIE/it in Legends. In X-Wing it is reflected as the TIE/ca, which seems to be the canonical designation for it.

Yeah, it was also know as the TIE Interdictor.

I'm assuming that the name and designation was too similar to both the TIE Interceptor and the recanonised Interdictor Star Destroyer (although I myself MUCH preferred the original, smaller, Immobiliser-class to the Disney era version).  As for the TIE/ca designation?  TIE/pu just wouldn't have sounded right...

On 7/28/2020 at 4:42 AM, CoffeeMinion said:

Yo, yo:

*chorus*

*chorus*

Just... I can't even.... *wipes tear* it's so beautiful!