Reklawyad

Alpha Class Star Wing

Posted (edited)

Dear FFG,

I know you said you were going to slow the conversion updated ships, but could you look into maybe upgrading this ship so that those of us who can’t seem to find this ship can fly it after we get out of quarantine???

Signed All Empire Players who can’t find these!

Edited by Reklawyad

I would be down for a reprint of this, I have a pair from the old days but with all the new releases getting better looking paint I know I wouldn’t be able to resist at least one more. 

Besides, doesn’t everyone want to fly a wing of Alpha Class Star Wings in epic? Sigh....

sounds like I’ve already talked myself into more than one reprint when they do get around to doing it. 

5 minutes ago, Baaa said:

As an aside, can someone please explain to me why they are going for silly money on eBay?

People like them for some silly reason.  They aren't good in the game (not beyond Vynder at least), but I know a lot of folks have an emotional attachment to them based on the video games.  So high demand, based on animal spirits.

Meanwhile, there aren't very many of them around, so supply is constrained.

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Meanwhile, there aren't very many of them around, so supply is constrained.

Definitely a limited supply of these things out in the wild. Just did a quick search for them from my preferred retailers and they just don't have any left. Even Amazon came up with nothing, so the secondhand market can and apparently did go a little silly with their prices.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Baaa said:

As an aside, can someone please explain to me why they are going for silly money on eBay?
I've got 4.....

Cheers
Baaa

Emotional attachment and a cry for nostalgia.

i have two and I’d happily buy more if they ever reprinted. I’d really like to see them come back at the same time as a card pack so we can get a pilot or two. Namely Marrek.

The generics are alright and Vynder is pretty solid.

Edited by ScummyRebel

1 hour ago, Vykk Draygo said:

I would be down for a reprint of this, I have a pair from the old days but with all the new releases getting better looking paint I know I wouldn’t be able to resist at least one more. 

I'd love to see the Gunboats re-released alongside the Lambda, with a matching paint scheme.

Because, y'know, Cygnus Spaceworks.

And you're right, for the most part the minis and paint jobs are a big step up from 1st, so there's that as well.

But to be honest, I'm just glad the beautiful five winged Imperial angels made it into the game.

I’m gonna +1 this all day long. I scored one at release and wish I’d have scored more.

FFG, this is easy money. Give us a straight reprint and people will buy one. Toss in another base with two extra pilots and you’ll sell more. Plush for a repaint, and you’ll sell MOAR.

42 minutes ago, Tervlon said:

You just described pretty much all of my x-wing purchases. 

I regret no mistake that has been made.

Anyone who’s not secretly an overgrown kid, raise your hands?

Go on, I’ll wait.

Ya I came back from 1.0 this year converted almsot everything and picked up nearly everything I need but this ship eludes me and I want at least 1.

I do need some tie interceptor Dials.

44 minutes ago, Gungo said:

Ya I came back from 1.0 this year converted almsot everything and picked up nearly everything I need but this ship eludes me and I want at least 1.

I do need some tie interceptor Dials.

Welcome back. 🙂

Interceptor conversion stuff is a slightly more expensive find on eBay, but it’s well worth a look—I was able to find some at a decent price eventually.

Anyone who plays through the Flight Group Alpha campaign of HOTAC knows the pain. Multiple scenarios call for the players to fly Alpha-Class Starwings. If you have a full group, that's six ships. I only had two, so I actually printed some as I can't afford to drop $250.00 for four more of them. If they get released for 2.0, I will be filling in my fleet.

13 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

They said they were going to slow them down. They didn’t say they’d stop.

Oh, good, i would've hated that the Assault Gunboat would never get a reprint. Or the Starviper. I don't mind waiting, not in a hurry.

4 hours ago, Woorloog said:

Oh, good, i would've hated that the Assault Gunboat would never get a reprint. Or the Starviper. I don't mind waiting, not in a hurry.

You know what would be great? If both the Gunboat and the Viper get reprinted with folding wings...

23 hours ago, Reklawyad said:

Dear FFG,

I know you said you were going to stop the conversion updated ships, but could you look into maybe upgrading this ship so that those of us who can’t seem to find this ship can fly it after we get out of quarantine???

Signed All Empire Players who can’t find these!

I should have said Slow the down... 

for an empire player exclusively coming back into 2.0 I was thrilled with them until they started cancelling the 2.0 rereleases (Reaper Epic Ships)

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

You know what would be great? If both the Gunboat and the Viper get reprinted with folding wings...

Don't care for flappy wings really. Would prefer something that matches my existing minis 100%, different paint job is OK.