Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

LucasFilm’s Doug Chiang reveals unused “double decker” Super Star Destroyer intended for The Rise of Skywalker, added Concept Art for Solo: A Star Wars Story as well

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

..."Imperial, but bigger?"

The shape of the "terraces" leading up to the bridge, the split two levels of the prow, significantly straighter sides... This and the Resurgant class look like they go together, like how the Imperial and Executor look like they go together.

latest?cb=20161009225218

*e* Mega/Supremacy even has a lot of those same shapes. It's wicked stretched, but the tiers have that more hexagonal/octagonal look.

latest?cb=20200119212619

Imperial ones have the terraces which are often squared off at right angles, and while there is a little bit of a "gap between the cookies" look, the top and bottom layers are pretty close to flush, and Imperial bridge decks have a lot more height to them, a more pronounced tower, instead of a low bunker.

latest?cb=20170717123932

Edited by theBitterFig

It's a shame that that design didn't turn up. Could have easily have used it for the FO command ship without materially having to change anything in the film, and would have given more surface space for the infantry part of the battle of Exegol.

6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Now...imagine the space between there is aaaaaall TIE Fighters...

It is annoyingly hard to tell if there are any hangars in that area. I think there might be small ones near the middle and the back just below the upper main hull. I imagine the main hangars are still on the bottom of the ship.

I can already imagine the toys department at Disney going: "hey! The top and bottom should detach! Call Lucasfilm!" 

Followed by the film crew: "you know what, screw it, make it detach. We'll film the scene around that"

(yea, I'm looking at you, Lando's Millennium Falcon. And you too, Asajj's split double lightsaber. ) 

28 minutes ago, takfar said:

I can already imagine the toys department at Disney going: "hey! The top and bottom should detach! Call Lucasfilm!" 

Followed by the film crew: "you know what, screw it, make it detach. We'll film the scene around that"

(yea, I'm looking at you, Lando's Millennium Falcon. And you too, Asajj's split double lightsaber. ) 

Don't make it detach, make ti ROTATE! Then we can have it both coming and going!

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

c1tbrqkkava51.jpg

I can imagine the writers' meeting:

Phil: ...and then, it can detach and they have TWO super star destroyers...

Jim: No Phil, that's a stupid idea. Let's just have Palpatine create like a thousand star destroyers with mini death star guns on them.

All: Yeah!

Edited by Skitch_

15 hours ago, Skitch_ said:

I can imagine the writers' meeting:

Phil: ...and then, it can detach and they have TWO super star destroyers...

Jim: No Phil, that's a stupid idea. Let's just have Palpatine create like a thousand star destroyers with mini death star guns on them.

All: Yeah!

To be fair, that's pretty much a natural consequence of the First Order having "miniturised Death Star tech" on Krait in the last jedi.  I mean, let's face it, if you have Death Star scale weapons small enough to be able to be wheeled around on a planetary surface, why not mount them on your capital ships?