E_o_N

Countless Terrors Playmat ? ...

Posted (edited)

This is an extremely rare item and doesn't seem to get restocked with any frequency. If you are outside of the US, it is very difficult to get hold of (I've been on the lookout for well over a year). They should just retitle it Lost in Time and Space...as this is the best description of its normal existential state.

Edited by Dr Dee

If you can, maybe check local game stores. I found mine at one a few years ago. Just because it isn't in stock on the FFG site, doesn't mean all copies of it have ceased to exist. There may be a few retailers that still have copies on hand.

If you can't find any nearby, your only option might be to check ebay or Amazon, or similar sites. You'll likely have to pay more than the list price, depending on how badly you want it.

Playmats and other tertiary items are slower to restock than the mythos packs and other expansions, and those already can take some time. On top of the fact that COVID has probably slowed normal production considerably. I wouldn't expect to see the playmat restocked on the FFG site any time this year.

I was one who has been looking for the Countless Horrors mat for YEARS! When I got Arkham Horror 3rd edition I bought that mat which is much bigger 3x3 and I love it. Though those are also getting scarce, the best price one I recently saw is on eBay for $47USD and free shipping...good luck in your search!!

Arkham Horror 3rd Edition Gamemat

Posted (edited)

Thanks a lot for all your answers !! The quest goes on...

I'll have a look to the AH 3rd Ed. playmat though. It's not too bad indeed. But I like the serious and vintage look of the Countless Terrors playmat. The AH3rd looks slightly "goofy" to me :).

Edited by E_o_N

Posted (edited)

You should look at this site: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MomoMonsterCo?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=586085477&search_query=arkham

The seller makes some pretty good playmats in different sizes, arts and even frames for agenda, act and encounter cards. The good thing is that you can only purchase the art and print it in your country by the company of your choice!

Hope it helps! :)

Edited by Jurcccy
added info

On 8/4/2020 at 7:11 PM, Jurcccy said:

You should look at this site: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MomoMonsterCo?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=586085477&search_query=arkham

The seller makes some pretty good playmats in different sizes, arts and even frames for agenda, act and encounter cards. The good thing is that you can only purchase the art and print it in your country by the company of your choice!

Hope it helps! :)

On 7/19/2020 at 11:55 PM, Mburnaugh64 said:

I was one who has been looking for the Countless Horrors mat for YEARS! When I got Arkham Horror 3rd edition I bought that mat which is much bigger 3x3 and I love it. Though those are also getting scarce, the best price one I recently saw is on eBay for $47USD and free shipping...good luck in your search!!

Arkham Horror 3rd Edition Gamemat

Thanks a lot for your link :). I'll have a look at these ones.  By the way, I am thinking more and more about the goofy one from AH3rd Ed. :)

What are the black lines on it? It's for the board ? And there is no marks for the decks? The playmat is plain ?

No those lines are just part of the art, the board for AH3rd it modular. No marks for decks and I personally like it that way, I prefer to set up the cards where its comfortable for me an I love the 3x3 mat as it give you plenty of room for the location cards which depending on the scenario can be everywhere. Plain? well it has some very cool art.