Jump to content
Cpt ObVus

Did they announce new points?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, CapitanGuinea said:

As per Rebel Alliance and Scum pilot I hope they would fix Imperial craft points. They are all wrong and overpriced. They deserve a strong discount arouund 25-33%

Do I understand you to say that imperial pilots are broadly overpriced by 25-33%?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Do I understand you to say that imperial pilots are broadly overpriced by 25-33%?

Exactly. The non unique pilots particularly. My impetial friends find very strange the balance point stated for Marek Steele (who should have a T/D too, and be a Force Sensitive). In the aftermath of this edition conversion too much of Legends related content has been wash out. The empire came out quite bland with just 3-4 unique pilots standing ground against list which fly by themselves such us old republic Jedi aces imho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CapitanGuinea said:

Exactly. The non unique pilots particularly. My impetial friends find very strange the balance point stated for Marek Steele (who should have a T/D too, and be a Force Sensitive). In the aftermath of this edition conversion too much of Legends related content has been wash out. The empire came out quite bland with just 3-4 unique pilots standing ground against list which fly by themselves such us old republic Jedi aces imho

I will agree to this as long as Sloane gets a just as much price increase.

I just might, just might drop X-wing for a bit for Legion and Armada if that NPE gets more freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CapitanGuinea said:

As per Rebel Alliance and Scum pilot I hope they would fix Imperial craft points. They are all wrong and overpriced. They deserve a strong discount arouund 25-33%

Whoa. That’s... pretty extreme.

You really want to see 50 point TIE Defenders? 15 point TIE Fighters? TIE Interceptors at 25 points?

I’ve only been playing this game for four months or so, but I haven’t seen anything that indicates to me that a radical price drop of that magnitude is remotely close to a good idea for the Empire. They’re pretty well costed, far as I can tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CapitanGuinea said:

As per Rebel Alliance and Scum pilot I hope they would fix Imperial craft points. They are all wrong and overpriced. They deserve a strong discount arouund 25-33%

I firmly disagree. The Imperial fighter costs are broadly good. There are a few specific pilots who could stand to lose a point or two, but the faction is appropriately costed. The issues they face are around certain ships being costed due to particular upgrades (Barrage Rockets notably impacts TIE Bomber pricing) and the game-wide issue with mid-range generic pilots not seeing play (you either see the lowest initiative generic, or the named pilots).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

I’ve only been playing this game for four months or so, but I haven’t seen anything that indicates to me that a radical price drop of that magnitude is remotely close to a good idea for the Empire. They’re pretty well costed, far as I can tell.

No, no, it's fine.

Also Boba is going to be 10 points, and have free upgrades. Fenn Rau gets 3 force points, turns out he was a direct descendant of Tarre Vizsla all along, and really powerful in the force, oh and Guri is actually i7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CapitanGuinea said:

Exactly. The non unique pilots particularly. My impetial friends find very strange the balance point stated for Marek Steele (who should have a T/D too, and be a Force Sensitive). In the aftermath of this edition conversion too much of Legends related content has been wash out. The empire came out quite bland with just 3-4 unique pilots standing ground against list which fly by themselves such us old republic Jedi aces imho

Oooooohhhh dis gonna be gud.  What say you, Captain Obvious?

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

You really want to see 50 point TIE Defenders?

4 TIE Defenders in a list! 😍  Trip Defenders with some upgrades! 😍 I would have so much fun for the two or three games I'd get to play before my opponents destroyed my models and banned me from flying them ever again. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 6:51 AM, AceDogbert said:

I firmly disagree. The Imperial fighter costs are broadly good. There are a few specific pilots who could stand to lose a point or two, but the faction is appropriately costed. The issues they face are around certain ships being costed due to particular upgrades (Barrage Rockets notably impacts TIE Bomber pricing) and the game-wide issue with mid-range generic pilots not seeing play (you either see the lowest initiative generic, or the named pilots).

Are Bombers really overcosted due to Barrage Rockets though? I seem to recall someone analyzing them and finding Bombers to be, on paper, one of the most efficient craft in the game. Compared to a Torrent, they have +1 HP at the cost of 2 pts. They don't get Talons or the Hard 1, but they have no red basic maneuvers and have tons of upgrade options. Or are you talking about the named pilots?


As a Scum player, some things I'd like to see:
-Kath Scarlet at around 68 pts. Krassis, Koshka and Emon all have superior abilities, her difficult to activate and list-restrictive ability shouldn't make her so expensive.
-Slave 1 costed by initiative. 'Nuff said.
-Xizor reduced in price a bit, maybe 52? In no world is Xizor worth the same as Dalan or an Outmaneuver Assassin.
-+1 EPT for all M-3As, similar to the A-Wings. Gives them more options, such as Intimidate on G4R-G0R to make it actually a tempting option or Snap Shot + Juke Laetin for maximum evasion shenanigans. Surveyors bring cheaper Crack/Snap Shots, so EPT Spacer spam shouldn't be a concern if Surveyors aren't.
-Price drops for TSV and Inaldra to around 27-8 pts. Maybe a 1 point reduction on the named EPT pilots?
-Price drops for the hilariously overcosted Overseer Yushyn and Foreman Proach. Yushyn's a pure downgrade to a Surveyor without being chained to one of the VERY few Scum ships that can disarm themselves, and I can't see him ever being worth more than 24 pts. Proach's ability is worse than "Scourge" Skutu's, has worse initiative, and worse dial, yet is somehow more expensive. And if Scum wants Tractor tokens, it has the vastly more reliable (and cheaper) Jakku Gunrunner for that. Should be 30 at the very most.
-Joy Rekoff should be at most 1 pt more expensive than a Skull Squadron Pilot. Not sure how they overlooked that when they updated the prices.
-Bossk Gunner price chopped in half.
-+1 Crew slot for the YV-666. Gimme JabbaNetics+Lando+Han party bus!
-Cheaper Nashtah Pup? Not sure on this one, but if they wanted to get YV-666s off shelves and on mats without more price drops, maybe the value of a ridiculously undercosted Nashtah Pup will make it more tempting.

Outside of Scum:
-34 pt Evaan, to catch her up with the -1s the generics got in the last point update. Not really needed for my Han+Luke+Evaan squads but it'd be nice to have. 33 pt Evaan would be unlikely but awesome, I could squeeze in an extra upgrade with that!
-Adding built in "Vaksai" or similar "point reduction" to upgrade-heavy chassis to make them more competitive without making them more spammable without upgrades. A built in -1 (to a minimum of 1, or 0 if already 0) for all upgrades could help a lot of struggling ships. K-Wings, VCX-100s, Aggressors, Punishers, Gunboats, Kihraxzs, G1-As, Custom YT-1300s, YV-666s, MG-100 StarFortresses and possibly Scavenged YT-1300s would probably work better with a slightly higher "buy in" price but lower upgrade costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...