BiggsIRL

Bigger, Dumber, 24 Hourer Multi-Platform Tournament July 18th-19th

Posted (edited)

Friends, welcome to The Bigger Dumber 24 Hourer Live Multi-Platform Tournament.  How does it work?  Well, the answer is that the rounds keep going, and you can play whichever rounds you want.  Want to play in Round 1, 2, 5 and 8?  Sure.  Go ahead.  Want to procrastinate and play in 5, 6, 7 and 8?  Okay.  Gotta go fast!  Playing 1, 2, 3, and 4?  Why not?  The key is you need to play 4 rounds.  As long as you play 4 rounds, you've completed the tournament!

Can you play 5 rounds?

Kp0rbW5.jpg

Once you've hit 4 rounds, you're done.  But if someone wants to go the distance...  Everyone is allowed to enter twice.  Even if you played a terrible Round 1 and just want to reset your fleet.  But if you do, you have to specify which fleet you're playing on for the round.

But play fast.  Rounds start at the top of every 3rd hour, and end 2.5 hours from the start of the round.  If you run out of time, and then take too long finishing the timed out round, you won't be available to play in the next round!

Rules:

Structure:  Custom - 4 Rounds at Various Times
Tier:  Relaxed - Anyone can participate
Rules:  Standard Except As Follows

To sign up to play, submit a fleet any time from now up to seconds before Round 5 begins.

Fill out the "Check-In / Round Submission" form before a round you want to play.  **Check-In / Round Submission Form To Come**

Be on Vassal / TTS to be matched up against your opponent.  Fly fast and win big!

You may submit up to 2 fleets.  If you submit a 2nd fleet you must specify which fleet you are flying (even if one fleet is at 4 games played).  Failure to do so will involve not being scheduled for that round.  There will be no leniency on this rule.

If your round has not finished by the time a new round is set to begin, you will not be allowed to participate in that round.  There will be no leniency on this rule.  Fly fast.  Win big.

Enjoy your games against other players from around the globe!

Wait... Vassal / TTS?

That's right!  I'm going to try and do two different tournaments at once, sorta.  So you can play on Vassal or on TTS.  This is assuming I get volunteers from the TTS community to run the front end stuff because I don't have TTS and I'm not going to get it either.  But I can set up / run the back end stuff just fine.  But this means you'll need to specify Vassal or TTS so you can be matched up correctly.

Edited by BiggsIRL

Posted (edited)

Schedule:

July 10th - July 18th - Registration

July 18th 0630-0700 EDT - Round 1 Check In

July 18th 0700 EDT - July 19th 0700 EDT - Games

Rounds start every 3 hours starting at 0700 EDT.  You need to check in to play at least 8 minutes before the round starts, otherwise you won't be in time to be paired.  There is no official breaks, take some time off to get lunch / dinner.  You don't need to play all 4 rounds consecutively. 

Edited by BiggsIRL

This is very tempting.

As the current non-official in any way King of the Dumb 24 hours tournament WORLD I would very much like to defend my entirely non-official and self-appointed title.

However, with 5 out of 6 Australian states not being entirely incompetent (looking at you, Victoria) we are pretty much back to normal, which means I work Sundays.

I will need to do some calculations to see if I can fit 4 games into the arbitrary 24.

Ooooh....hmmm......arrrgh.  So tempted!  But I also have two family birthdays that weekend (wife and daughter would both give me the silent treatment)...but is it worth it?  Maybe!  😜

On 7/6/2020 at 8:51 AM, Gilarius said:

I'm up for playing in the TTS version. Anyone else?

On 7/6/2020 at 12:24 PM, Jansen007 said:

Yeah, i would probably play TTS as well.

On an unrelated note, I need someone(s) to handle judge related stuff for the TTS side of things.

I'll barely have time to play (and probably only 2 games at that) but I'm happy to assist if I can.

What actually needs doing? The TTS tournament I recently took part in left it to the players to self-adjudicate since we were playing whenever we could through each week.

I might be able to play rounds 1 and 2... and then 7 and 8. Maybe.

7am Saturday EDT is 9pm Saturday AEST... so 9pm, 12am games, then 3pm, 6pm Sunday afternoon. We'll see.

Maybe round 1, then 6, 7, 8...

On 7/5/2020 at 10:32 PM, BiggsIRL said:

Schedule:

July 10th - July 18th - Registration

July 18th 0630-0700 EDT - Round 1 Check In

July 18th 0700 EDT - July 19th 0700 EDT - Games

Rounds start every 3 hours starting at 0700 EDT.  You need to check in to play at least 8 minutes before the round starts, otherwise you won't be in time to be paired.  There is no official breaks, take some time off to get lunch / dinner.  You don't need to play all 4 rounds consecutively. 

You mean 0700 EDT am, I suppose. So 0700am EDT is 1100am UTC, right?

Biggs why cant these events be done in a more reasonable pace?  Forcing people to play online for 12 hours on a weekend day and basically ignoring their family seams very extreme. 

Why not do events that are spread out across a week or 2 weeks? 

These frantic events offer people with ANY OBLIGATIONS AT ALL during the time you are holding it, no way to participate. 

It seams much more reasonable to extend the event in a way similar to the VWC, but when every vassel event is one of these mad dashes, many people simply can not play. 

I understand that you want the IRL tournament effect, but that is a novelty and not needed in a digital format.