Sign in to follow this  
Mu0n729

X-Wing Vassal module 8.9.2 (small base fix, 2 maps)

Great work, much appreciated! 👍

However, it seems some of the maneuvers can't be performed. The bank maneuvers work fine, but not the turns and straights, no matter when I select the maneuvers through the menu or use the shortcuts.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in the X-Wing module?

5 hours ago, Laminidas said:

However, it seems some of the maneuvers can't be performed. The bank maneuvers work fine, but not the turns and straights, no matter when I select the maneuvers through the menu or use the shortcuts.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in the X-Wing module?

I didn't touch anything related to ship movement. I've logged on today and seen a few people with 9.9.2 play just fine, and I tested it myself just now just for extra verification. I don't see a bug.

Posted (edited)

This is strange. I've deleted and reinstalled the X-Wing module and verified everything through the content checker. Straights and banks are still not working, no matter which menu or which ship I use.

If it works for you and other people, the issue seems to lie within my system. Do you have any idea what I could check to resolve that problem? I also play Armada on Vassal which runs just smoothly without any issues, so I don't think I missed any special prerequisites for Vassal.

Compared to the Armada module I noticed that the X-Wing module seems to run rather slowly. For example, when I'm performing a bank maneuver the program takes about two seconds before finishing the maneuver. Is that the case for you, too?

Edited by Laminidas

Towards the end of the summer, I'll be doing some research and attempt to measure timings and trimming down some features to simplify ship objects. They are far more complicated than in the pre-2017 era because it's an unspecified template at first, and gets a bunch of properties modified during spawn time. All this is done to avoid having to maintain 60+ ship types. It would become a nightmare to change a key feature to every one of these 60 templates. Instead, I can just do it on about 9 of them (small-med-large, normal arc-single turret-double turret).

I don't think the module is the problem yet. It might be your java installation. What exact build of java do you have in your machine? What's your OS? I'm not confident I can trouble shoot your specific build but put it out there and maybe someone else can help you debunk it. Also post in the Vassal website forums, there are tech bug sections in there.

I'm getting an issue where TIE Fighters (and only TIE Fighters) are using a "WIP" placeholder graphic on the ship base. I deleted everything, re-installed everything, ran content checker and it's still doing this. This seems to happen regardless of pilot and seems to be confined to just TIE Fighters (I didn't check all ships for all factions but this is the only ship in the Imperial faction with this issue).

woNA7ic.jpg

11 hours ago, Transmogrifier said:

I'm getting an issue where TIE Fighters (and only TIE Fighters) are using a "WIP" placeholder graphic on the ship base. I deleted everything, re-installed everything, ran content checker and it's still doing this. This seems to happen regardless of pilot and seems to be confined to just TIE Fighters (I didn't check all ships for all factions but this is the only ship in the Imperial faction with this issue).

woNA7ic.jpg

Dang! Good catch. I'll have to check that out, thanks! 

I'm on vacation until July 12th and don't have access to a computer until then though.