Lecitadin

Anybody knows something about this?

I saw a product called ARKHAM HORROR - THE CARD GAME - WAR OF THE OUTER GODS as pre-order on a few sites. Anone with infos about this?

Looks like a stand-alone scenario to me.

Posted (edited)

The Zaktu site (?) which I’m not familiar with, supposedly has it for pre-order. It’s supposed to be the 7th AHCG expansion with an expected release date of around April 2020. Which is weird, since that is about when Innsmouth was formally announced, which is the 6th expansion.
Who knows? Maybe they have some insider info, but if they do, they sure don’t have the right dates. 

Expected 04/12/2020

PRE-ORDER NOW
Expected 04/12/2020

YOU COULD EARN 1509 VICTORY POINTS

PRE-ORDER NOW

PRE-ORDER NOTICE

Please note that any orders that contain a pre-order won't be dispatched until items in the order are available. Please keep this in mind before you place any orders that contain both in-stock and pre-order items. Please place a separate order to receive in-stock item(s) sooner!

The War of the Outer Gods is the seventh deluxe expansion for Arkham Horror: The Card Game and together with new six mythos packs it sets the beginning of the new War of the Outer Gods cycle.
Edited by Mimi61

04/12/2020 is December, not April...it's a UK site (https://www.board-game.co.uk/product/arkham-horror-the-card-game-war-of-the-outer-gods/). The SKU looks right, the price looks like it is a standalone and generally there is no information on it. All pure speculation until FFG announces something. Whatever the case, it's a long time off given that Innsmouth hasn't started.

Posted (edited)

On 7/3/2020 at 1:55 AM, Dr Dee said:

04/12/2020 is December, not April...it's a UK site (https://www.board-game.co.uk/product/arkham-horror-the-card-game-war-of-the-outer-gods/). The SKU looks right, the price looks like it is a standalone and generally there is no information on it. All pure speculation until FFG announces something. Whatever the case, it's a long time off given that Innsmouth hasn't started.

I feel so abashed. I never even looked to see where this site originated! The info is obviously pre-Covid though and  Innsmouth originally was scheduled to start releasing July/August instead of October. Which would have made the announcement for the following campaign December(ish), so the dates actually make sense. I didn’t  look at the SKU, but a new base expansion has always been set price, so that is an odd price. 
For now, it’s really a tempest in a tea pot though, until like you say, FFG makes an announcement one way or another. 

Edited by Mimi61

3 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

The dark horse bet is that this is the way to play competitively with a game master that has been very vaguely teased last year.

I really want that.  No idea when I'll get a chance to play it, but I want to.