Sign in to follow this  
Grand Admiral Buford

Clone wars info

Recussent, Venator, Invisible Hand, Pelta, Upgrade Card pack amd of course, the infamous dials. All are listed as currently embargoed on the Canadian source website. No clue if any of this is legit but sound as good as anything I have heard so far. Let the complaints about the Pelta repackage begin! 🤣

17 minutes ago, Admiral Calkins said:

If the Recusant-class Light Destroyer is in the first group of Separatist ships we get, you are going to hear zero complaints from me.

And many, many complaints from me. 😜

Posted (edited)

Are we sure these are going to be the ones in the initial release?

Earlier in the year we had leaks for a "Galactic Republic Fleet Expansion" pack  and a "Separatist Alliance Fleet Expansion Pack," along with two squadron packs, the upgrade pack and the dial pack. These new ones seem to be a different wave of releases, based on the higher product codes (the original leak were SWM34-39, these are SWM40-43), the later release date (these are set for January 2021, with the original Clone Wars timetabled for late 2020, although FFG time probably means early 2021 for the first batch, maybe Q2 2021 for these ones) and the size of the ships (these include what should be large ships, unlikely to be included in a "Fleet Expansion" pack).

Speculating based on the above, I'd guess these are the "Wave 1" ships, so the first round of ships after the original release. Which might give us the Munificent and Acclimator in the Fleet Expansion packs, probably along with at least one small ship, and maybe some conversions for GCW-era ships?

Edit: and the website seems to have the earlier ones listed as separate products. These ships might still be the ones in the Fleet Expansions, but if they're doing what they did with X-Wing at most we might find the Recusant and Pelta in the Fleet Expansions, along with something else.

Edited by Grumbleduke

8 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

Are we sure these are going to be the ones in the initial release?

Earlier in the year we had leaks for a "Galactic Republic Fleet Expansion" pack  and a "Separatist Alliance Fleet Expansion Pack," along with two squadron packs, the upgrade pack and the dial pack. These new ones seem to be a different wave of releases, based on the higher product codes (the original leak were SWM34-39, these are SWM40-43), the later release date (these are set for January 2021, with the original Clone Wars timetabled for late 2020, although FFG time probably means early 2021 for the first batch, maybe Q2 2021 for these ones) and the size of the ships (these include what should be large ships, unlikely to be included in a "Fleet Expansion" pack).

Speculating based on the above, I'd guess these are the "Wave 1" ships, so the first round of ships after the original release. Which might give us the Munificent and Acclimator in the Fleet Expansion packs, probably along with at least one small ship, and maybe some conversions for GCW-era ships?

Edit: and the website seems to have the earlier ones listed as separate products. These ships might still be the ones in the Fleet Expansions, but if they're doing what they did with X-Wing at most we might find the Recusant and Pelta in the Fleet Expansions, along with something else.

Yeah, I was personally thinking that to build more interest in the new factions faster, they'd put more focus on 'new hulls' to get the body count higher in both the new factions, then double back and release individual ship expansions to flesh out those ships later.  While the CR90, Neb-B and Vic expansions worked as a part of wave 1 when Armada was new, I think it would be more effective to get 4 different ship types out for each faction, then revisit those ships later with some titles, etc to breathe new life into them.

In other words, I'm hoping for both factions starters to have ships that aren't any of those 4 expansions posted above, giving a wider variety of ship hulls faster than the first few expansions being 'a thing you already have in the starter with some titles'.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Aircraft Terrier said:

Yeah, I was personally thinking that to build more interest in the new factions faster, they'd put more focus on 'new hulls' to get the body count higher in both the new factions, then double back and release individual ship expansions to flesh out those ships later.  While the CR90, Neb-B and Vic expansions worked as a part of wave 1 when Armada was new, I think it would be more effective to get 4 different ship types out for each faction, then revisit those ships later with some titles, etc to breathe new life into them.

In other words, I'm hoping for both factions starters to have ships that aren't any of those 4 expansions posted above, giving a wider variety of ship hulls faster than the first few expansions being 'a thing you already have in the starter with some titles'.

The only problem with that is what if u want a ship that comes in the starter but you're not new to the game, so u don't want/need all the other things that would come in a starter? U r then forcing people to either buy a starter they dont need or wait months until they finally release the ship as its on expanions

Edited by lunitic501

16 minutes ago, lunitic501 said:

The only problem with that is what if u want a ship that comes in the starter but you're not new to the game, so u don't want/need all the other things that would come in a starter? U r then forcing people to either buy a starter they dont need or wait months until they finally release the ship as its on expanions

I think they are already comfortable with the idea that anyone starting one of the new factions will buy a starter, regardless of if they need a maneuver tool etc.  Besides, they would have to put any unique cards from the core boxes into those expansions to completely remove ANY need to buy the starters from old players, which I don't imagine them doing.  If the first wave was Starter with Ship 1 and Ship 2, Commander A and Commander B, and maybe Titles X, Y, and Z, and then Ship 1 Expansion(with Commander A and Title X), and Ship 2 Expansion(with Commander B and Titles Y and Z), they could cover all players who want to get the same stuff, but not get duplicate tools, but the cost of that is having very little diversity in stuff from the jump.  I think it is more likely, and also my own personal preference that they just say 'If you want to start Republic, get the starter, whether you are an old player or not'.  This allows them to quickly get more variety into the new factions, and I think enough of a majority of old players would not have an issue with this.

Posted (edited)

I saw this news about Armada Clone Wars and had to sign up to comment!

It’s great to see the Venator and Providence will be among the first ship expansions in Clone Wars. I see they’re dated January 2010 whereas the CW Starters are Dec 11 2020. I wonder if that means the December products are considered Wave 1 and the January products are Wave 2? FFG did say Wave 2 would be released in Q1 2020 but I didn’t expect it so soon.

Or are they all Wave 1, but have staggered release dates, like FFG has done in the past?

I’m also surprised to see the Pelta in Wave 1. I knew it would be coming eventually but considering it’s not a warship and is already a Rebel ship I thought it would be released later.

I’m very excited for FFG’s GenCon Online reveals, which should sort out the uncertainty. And hopefully we can start pre-ordering the Clone Wars Armada products!

Edited by Captain Corvid

42 minutes ago, lunitic501 said:

The only problem with that is what if u want a ship that comes in the starter but you're not new to the game

They're not listed as starter sets. They are "expansion packs." So I suspect they will be more like the X-Wing Clone Wars boxes (a large box with several ships) and less like a new Core Set. They might come with (new) obstacles, maybe at a stretch faction-specific damage decks, but probably nothing more.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

They're not listed as starter sets. They are "expansion packs." So I suspect they will be more like the X-Wing Clone Wars boxes (a large box with several ships) and less like a new Core Set. They might come with (new) obstacles, maybe at a stretch faction-specific damage decks, but probably nothing more.

But then it makes no sense for a new player to get since there is no maneuver tool or ruler. 

Personally: I will probably get both starter sets to get the other 2 maneuver tools and rulers. Giving a nice base for these new factions. I like to play both CW factions.

Edited by Wolf_58

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

They have been listed as both in leaks, the original ones were titled 'Fleet Expansion Pack', with the more recent ones on Lion Rampant's site listed as 'Fleet Starter'

Edited by Aircraft Terrier

8 minutes ago, Aircraft Terrier said:

They have been listed as both in leaks, the original ones were titled 'Fleet Expansion Pack', with the more recent ones on Lion Rampant's site listed as 'Fleet Starter'

I’ll be surprised if there aren’t individual ship expansions for whatever ships are included in the Republic and Separatist faction Starters. That’s what has always done with Armada, X-Wing, and Legion core sets. And the ship expansions included extra ship titles.

I don’t see the point that of buying multiple starters, unless the bundled ships are less expensive than buying the ships individually.

1 hour ago, Captain Corvid said:

I’ll be surprised if there aren’t individual ship expansions for whatever ships are included in the Republic and Separatist faction Starters. That’s what has always done with Armada, X-Wing, and Legion core sets. And the ship expansions included extra ship titles.

I bet they will eventually, but I don't think so at the start.  As an example of something similar, neither the Belbullab or the V-19 have received an individual expansion yet in X-Wing 2.0, though that is not a perfect example.  But, we will know for sure as FFG starts actually announcing their upcoming plans in the near future.

3 minutes ago, Aircraft Terrier said:

I bet they will eventually, but I don't think so at the start.  As an example of something similar, neither the Belbullab or the V-19 have received an individual expansion yet in X-Wing 2.0, though that is not a perfect example.  But, we will know for sure as FFG starts actually announcing their upcoming plans in the near future.

I thinks that’s a mistake by FFG because, unless the CW faction starters contain new accessories that everyone needs to play, the Starters should be reserved for new players so they can get into the game without having to buy a $100 core set, whereas Armada veterans can buy the ship expansions.

I bet some vets are going to want many Clone Wars ships and if the Starters are the only way to get them, vets could buy up most of the Starters and new players won’t get any. That’s why I think it would be better to have individual ship expansions, like FFG has done in the past with Armada. Also, because the CR90, Neb-B, and Victory Star Destroyer expansions had new Commanders and ship titles that weren’t in the core set.

2 hours ago, Captain Corvid said:

I don’t see the point that of buying multiple starters, unless the bundled ships are less expensive than buying the ships individually.

It's possible that the 4 ship expansions scheduled for January 2021 are the individual ship expansions for the ships in the Fleet Starters. That would align with what FFG has done in the past: The Armada core set was released in March 2015, whereas the Victory SD, Corellian Corvette, and Nebulon-B Frigate were released in May 2015.

I don't know why FFG did that in 2015, or if they're planning on doing it again for Clone Wars Armada's release, but that's what happened before.