Sign in to follow this  
KrisSherriff

If this were any other event

I thought it could be fun to just start collating examples of stuff we as a community think are problems in X-Wing.

Not interested in naming names of fingerprinting but just what type of examples people have of what leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

So, I present:
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMGAnyOtherEvent

a place to just post all the clips of ships being nudged, rocks moving, dice being modified, dials being changed, triggers being rushed and any other stuff you can find!

9 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

So looking for video/picture examples of sloppy/unfair play?

Or looking for text based stories/anecdotes as well?

Its all welcome!

Anecdotal stuff should strive to be written in an entertaining fashion so that I can at least get a chuckle whilst I die a little inside though...

Just now, Darth Meanie said:

So, you're basically asking for 3/4 of the forum threads to be loaded into this one??

Or in future people could just post here?

I don't care really :D

I just want an easy way to find videos of people cheating at X-Wing so that when I think my life is bad, I can look a quick pick me up.

Also, if anyone caught me cheating, I need to know how to step my game up.

Can I tattle on myself?

I know I definitely did screw up on stream against Carson Wray at the final table at GenCon 2019. I swapped my junior inquisitor dials and had to walk them back. I felt like an idiot and got a tournament point for it. Not cheating, but definitely a blunder.

Also, at a Hyperspace Trial in Bloomington, Illinios, I ran an illegal list. Apparently, Jyn Erso wasn't Hyperspace legal. Tyler Tippett noticed later that night and told me, and I ceded my top cut spot.

2 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Fair enough.

I'll leave y'all to your dung pile.

Carry on.

I do have a serious answer if you like.

When I was helping on the Judge panel thing there used to be discussions and I would always find my self having a mind set of "surely that does not happen in real life."

Recent things that I have seen have lead me to believe that I was actually quite innocent in that outlook and people do in fact do lots of cheating at X-Wing.

Having a collected place of the sort of things to look out for as a judge will be helpful for me and maybe to others as either judges or players.

If the thread offers no value to you, than fair enough :D

Kris

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Can I tattle on myself?

Dropping the dime on ourselves seems like more fun than what the thread might have originally been intended to be. :P

Anyhow, my last big goof: I missed that Korr Sella required me to *fully execute* the maneuver and removed all my stress from Rey.  I notice like 3 turns later, and concede on the spot.  Casual game, but still.

Edited by theBitterFig