Sign in to follow this  
Boom Owl

Should 7b be added to hyperspace?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

So long as they swap out CLT, and keep the pilot count low, eh, why not.

Consider for a moment: CLT out, 7B in, but there are no Init 5-6 Jedi in HS, only the Init 3-4 Jedi.  I think that'd have potential to be pretty interesting.

Edited by theBitterFig

4 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Consider for a moment: CLT out, 7B in, but there are no Init 5-6 Jedi in HS, only the Init 3-4 Jedi.  I think that'd have potential to be pretty interesting.

I think that, whilst interesting would create a “Hello There” riot. So many people on the high ground. 

1 hour ago, Kyle Ren said:

Generic 👏 Torrents 👏 Did 👏 Nothing 👏 Wrong 👏

Obi with sense and a couple of blocking Generic Torrents.... not fun at all. 

Stress-less double reposition is almost impossible to cost correctly.  Even more problematic on a three red die ship.  7B Anakin, Obi (and Plo, Mace too for that matter) are very dangerous ships when it comes to balance.

I sort-of, almost, nearly enjoy CLT Jedi.  I kind of want to forget that 7B exists.  Give it the Luke Gunner/ SNR treatment.  Soft ban via ludicrously high price point.

Posted (edited)

Feel like Sense could use a little bump, maybe to 7 or so.

Feel like force should cost more or get a nerf to its basic effect.

Feelings don't really matter though.

15 hours ago, Kyle Ren said:

Generic 👏 Torrents 👏 Did 👏 Nothing 👏 Wrong 👏

Oh I absolutely agree.

I just think a Hyperspace season full of named torrents would be enormously entertaining. I need some named-clone action in my life (beyond just Wolffe and Sinker). In that context I'm curious who would shine? Tucker's decent on a budget. With a missile cost-cut I feel like Odd Ball could almost be good (V-19 is his best existing platform IMO). Kickback is kinda okay but also overpriced. Swoop is just so pathetic though.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I just think a Hyperspace season full of named torrents would be enormously entertaining.

I mainly think FFG dropped the Torrent (and the Belbullab) because they believed that Wave 7 was going to come out and fill the fifth ship for the faction.

But on the note of named Torrents, I think largely they should drop. The utility the get out of their initiative/ability doesn't seem worth the 4-9 points they pay for them.

Edited by 5050Saint
i speel pourli

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

But on the note of named Torrents, I think largely they should drop. The utility the get out of their initiative/ability doesn't seem worth the 4-9 points they pay for them.

Oh I do agree. Back when I was doing statistical cost-modeling they always came down by a large amount. But points changed or not I'd like to see them played.

TBH at the right cost I think Odd Ball with SC and a missile would be a sweet little pocket ace. There's just no case to make him a real ace or to price him like one.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

20 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

Agreed though Swoop should be the same as BSP as the faint whiff of benefit he gets from his ability is nullified by the fact he can't take dedicated.   At least Axe's ability might be useful once in a great while.  But not a five point bump more useful. 

14 hours ago, gennataos said:

Whenever I've used Sense, I don't think it's hyperbolic to say 90+% of the time it didn't do anything useful.  It either confirmed a maneuver I already guessed or revealed a maneuver that was inconsequential.

Sense means you know where the enemy ship will be. As you rightly said it confirms what you thought. But what it also does in the hands of a skilled player, it tells them whether they need to barrel roll to block, or if they are fine where their blocker lands. All the while their generally 2 7b’s take up firing positions ready to unleash die on a token less ship. I don’t need to tell anyone how good relying on Green die makes you feel. 
you don’t even need to spend force if it’s range 1. Sense is too cheap and too powerful in a scaling ruler of player skill.