Sign in to follow this  
SpiderMana

Damage Decks Available!

Damage deck: $4.99

Dice pack: $7.99

Maneuver Templates and Range Rulers: $19.99

TOTAL: $32.97

So... I guess you're technically saving money over just buying a core set...

Is that $7 of savings worth the upgrade cards you miss out on? I guess there's a tradeoff with the templates and rulers being a lot nicer. On the other hand, you'll find the core set at a discount more often.

Skipping out on the Core Set because you don't currently plan on playing Empire or Rebellion still seems like a poor choice in the event that you could ever change your mind. Even if there weren't exclusive pilots, the ship alone never goes for as cheap as $7.

On 6/26/2020 at 3:23 PM, ClassicalMoser said:

Is that $7 of savings worth the upgrade cards you miss out on? I guess there's a tradeoff with the templates and rulers being a lot nicer. On the other hand, you'll find the core set at a discount more often.

Skipping out on the Core Set because you don't currently plan on playing Empire or Rebellion still seems like a poor choice in the event that you could ever change your mind. Even if there weren't exclusive pilots, the ship alone never goes for as cheap as $7.

On the other hand, if you have 1.0 dice and third party templates, now you can just buy a damage deck on its own

On 6/26/2020 at 3:23 PM, ClassicalMoser said:

Don’t forget the obstacle pack too. You’re not saving money if you have no xwing product.

On the other hand, if you had 1.0 materials it’s a good way to go to 2.0 with just a conversion kit + one of these decks. 

In all honesty, I think it’s less about saving money by skipping the core and more about purchaseable swag instead of promo stuff from OP. Also, it’s a great way to get back into tournament play if you have a lost/missing damage card from your core, and a $5 card pack is way cheaper than a second core set