Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Happy Friday

2 hours ago, Bucknife said:

One up, one down? 

All force charge cards up 1 point. 

All illicits down 1. 

No I was saying more along the lines of what you want to go up and what will go up,

example I want Bombs to go up (based on pilot skill), most likely Fett will go up.

This may destroy the thread, but I want ensnare to be legal, though that isnt a points change. I think we can all agree that slave 1 needs to go up, so that is my "this will go up". What I want to go up is crack shot. I think that squad leader could go down/change the variability. 

9 minutes ago, Gupa-nupa said:

This may destroy the thread, but I want ensnare to be legal, though that isnt a points change. I think we can all agree that slave 1 needs to go up, so that is my "this will go up". What I want to go up is crack shot. I think that squad leader could go down/change the variability. 

I would not object to ensnare being dotted, maybe two copies only?

This may prove wildly unpopular, and I can’t say I’ve put a ton of thought into it (I definitely haven’t), but from what I’ve seen, Calibrated Laser Targeting should probably cost a lot more than it does. Would ten points be too punishing?

I also think Slave I title should go up. It’s so obviously great that even as a brand new player who had never seen it played and never read the discussions about it, and didn’t even fully understand the implications of it, I looked at it and thought, “Holy smokes, that’s only ONE point? Yikes.”

Probably will: Slave 1

Want: Imp "aces" high enough to finally break their consistency (though that consistency might be from them having a massive fanbase with proportionally = number of good players to the other factions).

6 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

This may prove wildly unpopular, and I can’t say I’ve put a ton of thought into it (I definitely haven’t), but from what I’ve seen, Calibrated Laser Targeting should probably cost a lot more than it does. Would ten points be too punishing?

At that point just take 7B.

Maybe it goes up a little, but that would be excessive.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Interestingly, it used to cost more.  I don't seem to have the old points lists, but IIRC it cost twice what it does now.  2 * (Init - 1) instead of (Init - 1).  10 points on Anakin at Init 6, 8 points on Init 5 for Obi and Plo,..., 4 points on Init 3.

No one played it.

Of course, at that time, Delta 7B cost a few points less than it does now, R2 Astromech was only like 4 points, and most Aethersprite costs were higher.  I think a generic Jedi Knight was like 39 points, so 43 with CLT.  At that point in time, 7B Aces was the only way to go.

Personally, I like that the 5 CLT generics archetype exists.

As to the aces, Named CLT pilots seem somewhat comparably priced compared to named TIE/v1 pilots.  Grand Inquisitor and CLT Obi-Wan are the same, and both get extra red dice from certain situations.  CLT Jedi are cheaper than missile TIE/v1, and I'm used to thinking the missile v1s are worth more.  Now, that doesn't mean that TIE/v1 pilots are all perfect, just that CLT seems roughly in-line with the most-similar ship.  I think there's a fair case for nearly all force-stuff to go up, but I don't know that CLT is particularly bad within the entire ecosystem of force-stuff.

I'm also with @ScummyRebel that an isolated increase in CLT cost just drives folks to 7B, and I think 7B is boring.  I like that folks have to work to get the bullseye arc, and think that leads to more interesting gameplay.

That said, thinking more, if CLT was a Missile or a Cannon, I'd think it should cost more than 2 points on an Init 3.  I bet if a Scyk could equip CLT for 2 points, you'd never see Autoblasters again.

But on the other, other hand, a basic Jedi Knight is 2 points more expensive than a generic Inquisitor v1, so a CLT JK is +4 over a basic Quizz, and that seems appropriate.  If thinking about CLT as a 4 point Cannon, I think I'm probably mostly fine with that.

That's a tricky thing with prices.  They really don't exist in isolation, and are usually pretty hard to compare.

12 hours ago, Cubanboy said:

What is one thing you want to go up in points and one thing that should?

Want: Discord Missiles and Vulture-Stuff.  The "breaks all the rules" swarm seems a bit too potent.  Discords are Trajedy Stimulator launched mines with perfect information for 4 points.  Contrast a Struts Vulture to a Mining Guild TIE, and there TIE probably shouldn't be +2 points over the Vulture.

Should: Fanatical and Fearless.  I love Fangs and First Order.  I don't really want them to go up, but they're fairly potent passive mod talents in an edition where passive mod talents are mostly gone.  If each went up +1 points, I wouldn't be happy about it, but I'd ultimately realize it's probably for the best.  Time to queue up the Alonzo Mourning gif.

5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d?width=400&forma

//

Flipside--Reductions:

Want: Sienar-Jaemus Engineer at 50 points.  I think they probably should cost 51, but dang it I want to fly four.

Should: Generic RZ-1 Rebel A-Wings.  They pay a lot, but don't get a lot.  The extra mobility from Vectored Thrusters is nice, but often doesn't make enough of a difference on table to warrant a +4 cost over Scyks and TIE/fo.  At +2, I think that'd feel nicer.  Also, Tansarii Point Veteran is kind of absurdly priced within the context of the other M3-A Scyks.  There's no doubt other stuff, but I was ranting about A-Wings a week or two ago, so they're at the top of my mind.

Edited by theBitterFig

considering that boba fenn can be played successfully with a 25 points bid i don't think that increasing only boba's title will change the situation.

boba  and maul too has to go up in points

the other things  that should go up is heroic..... i hate heroic

to finish i would like that some initiative 1/2 generics go down a bit. (tie x1 and tie strikers)

I think the slave 1 title will go up.

I honestly dont want to change the points very much at this time.  We still haven't seen how the xi, hmp, and laat will impact the game.  

I would rather see them add some ships to hyperspace.  We can have the belbullab in hyperspace just not sear, same for torrents just no gold squadron (I would say the same for upsilon but I think hyperspace should be 2.0 only).  

1 hour ago, Skitch_ said:

Slave 1 will go up.

I want Soontir and Vader to go up.

Yep. These are my thoughts too.

In general, FFG have shown in previous updates that the squeaky wheel does indeed get the grease, and Slave One has been the squeakiest wheel by far of the last six months. It's other going up, or setting a new record and becoming the only card to get un-errata-ed so that it gives a stress again.

I don't want Soontir to disappear from the game, and I love that a big bad movie character like Vader is doing so well, but they definitely both need to be more expensive based on what they can do and how dominant lists featuring them have been over the life time of 2e. 

I don't care how much more fragile he is (though with 3 greens and extremely rare access to focus evade, it probably isn't that much) than Wedge, Soontir is just straight up better and his cost needs to reflect that. At least 56 points, probably more like 58.