Sign in to follow this  
LTD

Czar of the South - In Character

Posted (edited)

Hello!

I would like some volunteers to playtest parts of a megagame I have designed. Specifically, the combat and trade sections of https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dgf3yVODyuoWFWGR067ywZ8VbI86x2JWiQhc_6AxoDg/edit?usp=sharing
To make it "Star-Warsy", Artillery are Capital Ships, Infantry are smaller ships (Frigates, etc), and Cavalry are Squadrons.

Trading the resource cards will be difficult, so we may skip that part unless people can think of an efficient way to do it.

The multi-player team part is also optional - we should be able to do everything as single players.

This will be our map...

nrDHWA-nTJ6drGEuQLVQu4R4m9Ptpu19qvdMONzl

Much of the play will be simultaneous, and there will be a lot of open information, so I hope to participate as a player as well.

Who will help me play?

@GhostofNobodyInParticular

@Bertie Wooster

@BiggsIRL

@FortyInRed

@The Jabbawookie

@Matt3412

@jhh3

Edited by LTD

Very good. I will allow 24 hours for more players to join, then begin the game tomorrow.

Please name your house and choose your attributes (I will roll randomly for mine).

Ok, looks like just the four of us. 
I’ve added another attribute to the list - population.

Since we aren’t doing the politics bits, don’t choose covert, intelligence, tradition, loyalty, cunning, or nobility.

Just now, LTD said:

Ok, looks like just the four of us. 
I’ve added another attribute to the list - population.

Since we aren’t doing the politics bits, don’t choose covert, intelligence, tradition, loyalty, cunning, or nobility.

I was just about to choose three of those as my downsides. 

Posted (edited)

Sorry - please don't.

House Denn Grylls

HZfUZ1y.png

Positives: Military, Courage, Population, Wealth, Size.

Weaknesses: Artillery, Trade, Cavalry.

An ancient power, ensconced throughout the sector. We were here from the beginning. We are legion. We are disciplined. We are ferocious. We scrimp, we save, we hoard. Technology? That is for others. Culture? We have our ways. Trade? That is the way of the fool. 

Motto: magnitudo super omnia (size is all).

Edited by LTD

Posted (edited)

House: The League of Frightened Men

GsxEhmc.jpg

Strengths: Military, Cavalry, Infantry, Culture, Size

Weaknesses: Population, Trade, Artillery

Our Infantry of Unusual Size will frighten you (it frightens us too), even if they don't populate very quickly. But we'll decimate our enemies before that becomes an issue. That being said, our young soldiers are men of culture as well. 

MottoThere is only one cure for grey hair. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.

Edited by Bertie Wooster

House: Greedy Nobles In Perpetuity

Strengths: Wealth, Size, Economy, Trade, Population

Weaknesses: Culture, Artillery, Courage

Newbies to the 'Noble' title, we bought it recently off a junk dealer. . . no idea how, but it seemed a good deal at the time. Not wanting to pass on the opportunity to profit off a drunken bargain, we're striking for the title of Czar, since it seems to be the new 'thing' everybody is after. Maybe we can get it then sell it, too?

Motto: 'Bean-counter' is a compliment.

6 minutes ago, LTD said:

@The Jabbawookie - waiting on your choices, discord connection

@Bertie Wooster - colour / banner and discord connection

@GhostofNobodyInParticular - colour / banner

Motto is optional, but encouraged.

I don't know how to make a banner. But imagine a black fist clutching a brown coin bag on a gold background.

Ok, Jabbawookie isn't responding, so we might just need to get going without him.

I've done the necessary rolling for our three factions, and might randomly generate a fourth (maybe a fifth) as NPCs, and if Jabba comes back he can take one of them.

Posted (edited)

VsQQ4HM.png

House Denn Grylls - 8MDL, 0 Art, 3 Cav, 22 coins, +2 provinces, 25 Inf, 2 Heroes, 2 Cities, 1 Village (High Population). Trade Problem - for every 4 resource cards dealt, return 1.

League of Frightened Men - 9MDL, 0 Art, 6 Cav, Infantry Bonus: You can always recruit 1 more infantry in a province than normally allowed. 19 coins, +2 Provinces, 29 Infantry, 2 Heroes, 1 City, 1 Village (low population)

Greedy Nobles in Perpetuity: 3MDL, 2 Art, 3 Cav, Trade Bonus: For every three resource cards you are dealt, take an extra one. Economy Bonus: +50% coins from Cities and Villages, 22 coins, +2 Provinces, 26 Infantry, 1 Hero, 2 Cities, 1 Village.

@Bertie Wooster

@GhostofNobodyInParticular

Decide where your starting units, cities, etc, will be, and we will go from there. Remember that Cities cannot go in the barren planets (those marked with big X or lightning or whatever). Any questions?

Edited by LTD

Ygep: 9 infantry, 2 cavalry, 1 hero. 

Nganzai: 3 infantry. Village/city.

Jere: 3 infantry, 1 cavalry. 

Gboko: 4 infantry, 1 cavalry. 

Yala: 9 infantry, 2 cavalry, 1 hero.

(Two questions:

1. Am I allowed to split my city and village, or do they both have to be in the same province? I'm kinda assuming they have to be in the same province, but then I was confused by @LTD putting his City on a province with no village.

2. What does +2 provinces mean?) 

Posted (edited)

RE9X1v0.png

(I'm going to have to come up with a better system of making and updating the map)

Here are the resource cards dealt (5 to each player, -1 for Denn Grylls and the League, +1 for GNIP)

KvSdWJN.jpg?1

Spring has begun!

Edited by LTD

Ok, with Spring, we get 2 coins for each city, and 1 for each village. (GNIP gets +50% coins (rounded down)).

Denn Grylls + 5 coins

League + 3 coins

GNIP + 7 coins

We can also now trade resource cards (and you can tell I am honest since I dealt GNIP three 3s).

We will do the spring trades and campaign orders.

@GhostofNobodyInParticular @Bertie Wooster

I realised in the middle of the night that I did not deal the houses their 2 cards just "for being".

So here is the updated resource card deal.

JRjEInz.jpg?1

@Bertie Wooster - what would you like in exchange for that 8 of spades?