Cpt ObVus

Talk to me about TIE Aggressors

29 minutes ago, gadwag said:

Let this thread henceforth be about all 2-agility ships with 5-6 health.

hehe... 

JakkuGunrunnerPilotCard

23 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

But always being able to have a focus for those 2 green dice, plus always have a shot,

I'm not seeing the always part.

Maneuver hwk-290

Linked rotate->Focus is nice, but at initiative 2 you're going to get much better time on target with a dorsal aggressor's 180 degree arc.

The HWK has excellent action and upgrade bars, but it is not an efficient generic filler ship. If you think it's a good deal at 30pts, I suggest you try out the aggressor with dorsal or ion turret - you might be pleasantly surprised.

I think the HWK and Gunrunner are great examples of why the Aggressor is good.

As is this table: 

ZzJIOVA.png

I compared 2.0 cost for a bunch of pilots that were pretty similar to their 1.0 version, with a little bit of ballpark adjustment where appropriate for things like important linked actions, stat changes etc.

Its not the same thing as a power level guide as obviously the starting point for power level in 1.0 wasn’t the same.  But I think it gives some good insights anyway.

9 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

I'm not seeing the always part.

Well, it's the always of conversation.

To be sure, you have to anticipate, but with a bit of that, it's not too hard to get a tonne of shots that most other ships couldn't get.

7 hours ago, gadwag said:

If you think it's a good deal at 30pts, I suggest you try out the aggressor with dorsal or ion turret - you might be pleasantly surprised.

That's what I've been saying the whole thread. =P

Aggressors and HWKs and naked TIE/sf. =D

The HWK has excellent action and upgrade bars, but it is not an efficient generic filler ship.

I guess part of my point is that time-on-target can allow something to go beyond the efficiency.  And I'm not quite saying HWKs are secret top-tier ships, just that they're way better than they'd look like they are.

Edited by theBitterFig

Linked rotate->Focus is nice, but at initiative 2 you're going to get much better time on target with a dorsal aggressor's 180 degree arc.

The HWK has excellent action and upgrade bars, but it is not an efficient generic filler ship. If you think it's a good deal at 30pts, I suggest you try out the aggressor with dorsal or ion turret - you might be pleasantly surprised.

The HWK does has a small advantage of the turret going out to range 3, and access to Leia or Drea. Whether that outweighs the advantage of a front arc, I don't know.