Jump to content
Memorare

Can we talk about Iden?

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Memorare said:

Personally I think the difference in this scenario is that Marksman removes the need to roll. Its probably one of my least favorite keywords as it can remove the randomness of rolling. It's the same issue I have with lots of the new keywords, they are just better than the old ones. Again it feels very Xwing 1.0. 

 

Yeah this all started with Ram, the Tauns are the culprits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lochlan said:

Offensive Push only works for one move, so that would only yield 3 aims. Granted she could also have Hunter which could get her to 4, but that's situational. 

Why do you think offensive push only works once? The card says “while performing a move, you gain tactical 1” and it is possible to perform two moves in a turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mokoshkana said:

Why do you think offensive push only works once? The card says “while performing a move, you gain tactical 1” and it is possible to perform two moves in a turn.

Sure, you could, but then you don’t get to use those aims because two actions a turn (unless you time it with a specific command card that also hands her a standby, which may or may not work).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Sure, you could, but then you don’t get to use those aims because two actions a turn (unless you time it with a specific command card that also hands her a standby, which may or may not work).

Yes but her 3 pip gives her steady meaning she can move twice get the 2 aims from OP and then still shoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mokoshkana said:

Why do you think offensive push only works once? The card says “while performing a move, you gain tactical 1” and it is possible to perform two moves in a turn.

Compare that to the wording on Ascension Cables: "Until the end of your activation, you gain Scale."  

Both cards define the duration of the card's ability when it is exhausted. After that duration has ended (your activation/a move), the effect ends and the card has to be readied before it can be used again. If Offensive Push was meant to work for multiple moves it would use the same wording as Ascension Cables. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

Compare that to the wording on Ascension Cables: "Until the end of your activation, you gain Scale."  

Both cards define the duration of the card's ability when it is exhausted. After that duration has ended (your activation/a move), the effect ends and the card has to be readied before it can be used again. If Offensive Push was meant to work for multiple moves it would use the same wording as Ascension Cables. 

Is there an official ruling on this? I agree that the wording is ambiguous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mokoshkana said:

Is there an official ruling on this? I agree that the wording is ambiguous. 

Not that I know of. I actually thought it being once per activation was the accepted interpretation, but I guess there aren't very many situations where it would even possible to effectively use it more than once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mokoshkana said:

Is there an official ruling on this? I agree that the wording is ambiguous. 

I mean, it taps, so unless you can recover in between moves you can't use it again. That's really the only way to interpret it, unless you think it just works for the entire rest of the game. There's no possible way to justify that it works for one entire activation and one activation only. Either it works only for that triggering action (the move), or it's in effect from then until the end of the game (which most people think is an unreasonable interpretation).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...