Electris

Is Descent 2nd edition dead?

I am guessing Fantasy Flight is done making official content for the second edition. Is that correct? If so it is sad, because the co-op app was really fun. I was hoping for either more campaigns for the app or for more expansions. It seems odd to me given how many posts this community has. As in there's money to be made yet they don't release anything else. I also have not heard of a formal announcement for a 3rd edition.

Thoughts everyone? And to be clear "Descent doesn't need any more expansions/DLC/etc" isn't the point of this thread.

Posted (edited)

It has been officially confirmed that no new physical content is coming.

We don’t know about app content. The last content update to the app was December 2018, a year and a half ago (the app is just over 4 years old, for context).

The app is still getting the occasional update. The most recent one was a language translation I believe.

New physical stuff is officially no. New app stuff? Not confirmed either way, although I personally believe it is unlikely given the length of time since the last content update.

Although I would really like a Mists+Chains campaign... and a few more side quests...

Link to the official confirmation: 

Edited by Lightningclaw

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Electris said:

I was hoping for either more campaigns for the app

While it might not be as appealing to try as official content, there is well executed fan made content out there that you could try if you haven't already :)

And it keeps on coming.

Valkyre campaigns (RTL):

Shadow Rune Project

The Trollfens

Physical competitive campaign:

Elements of Demise

Fan made expansion

Sands of the Past

Very interesting custom Heroes and classes

Maze of Drakon

Rugal's Druid

You can find more here.