Sign in to follow this  
Soakman

Scenario 2: Founder's Day (In Blackest Pits) Now Available

Hello Arkhamites!

I just wanted to make a public announcement that the 2nd scenario of my fan campaign In Blackest Pits is now available and listed in the Files section on BGG. It is scenario 2, so while you can play it by itself, it really will probably be more enjoyable as a follow-up to scenario 1. I intend to continue forward and finish another 4 scenarios in the campaign, but it takes time so wanted to drip them out as they are completed.

Scenario 2 is here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/203448/founders-day-scenario-2-blackest-pits

Note that due to file size limitations, there is a link to images in the comments with higher res images. I plan to also get it up at Arkham Central soon too. 

Synopsis: In Blackest Pits is a fan-created campaign for Arkham Horror: The Card Game for 1-4 players. This file contains the second scenario: "Founder's Day." This scenario can be played on its own or combined with future scenarios yet to be released from the In Blackest Pits cycle to form a larger campaign.

After the events of the Initiation, you now know there is much to be learned from Carl Sanford and the lodge about the strange behaviors in Arkham. You've been given a handful of secrets about the esoteric and arcane nature of Sanford's grand plan, but the details are only provided to trusted members. With Arkham's annual Founder's Day gathering approaching, you'll need to involve a 3rd party to warn the city without exposing your true motivations to the lodge.

Will you be able to simultaneously secure Founder's Day from erupting while also feeding a certain reporter intel without blowing your cover?

Includes necessary encounter and role cards from scenario 1, The Initiation.

Awesome! We are finally going to finish Dream Eaters this week, so am looking forward to giving it another whirl. Can we use the old cards, or are there changes we should re-print? 

2 hours ago, Soakman said:

Thanks for the play testing. It helped a lot and hopefully is scaling a bit better now too.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Mimi61 said:

Awesome! We are finally going to finish Dream Eaters this week, so am looking forward to giving it another whirl. Can we use the old cards, or are there changes we should re-print? 

To be safe new cards are probably best but there aren’t a lot of major changes. Some text was cleaned up a bit to cause less ambiguity.

A lot is the same, but most actions that generate clues at locations create 1(per investigator). When we tested it this way it made seekers a bit happier because investigating is still useful to suck up extraneous clues and it also makes the game a closer shave. I think it balanced out a bit better. 

It also makes the players really need to consider how much prep they have time for and how much risk they are willing to take with early turns to get a certain someone moving.

Edited by Soakman

4 hours ago, Soakman said:

To be safe new cards are probably best but there aren’t a lot of major changes. Some text was cleaned up a bit to cause less ambiguity.

A lot is the same, but most actions that generate clues at locations create 1(per investigator). When we tested it this way it made seekers a bit happier because investigating is still useful to suck up extraneous clues and it also makes the game a closer shave. I think it balanced out a bit better. 

It also makes the players really need to consider how much prep they have time for and how much risk they are willing to take with early turns to get a certain someone moving.

It sounds great. What I’ve noticed about your scenarios compared to other fan made content, is how close it feels to playing something from FFG. The story weaves in peripheral characters who are recognizable, therefore making it fun and you do a good job of preparing it for play. I’m looking forward to finding out where this all leads...