Sign in to follow this  
federalchipmunk1980

dengar......

Nom Lum is cheap.  Dengar gunner, plus a cannon (Autoblasters, Tractor, or Ion to taste).  Cannon just allows more flexibility and control, since Nom's gun is control-able by the opponent.  Maybe Contraband Cybernetics if there's nothing better to do with the points in the rest of the list.

Dengar... I haven't kept up on.  I know there's a solid number of Boba/Dengar builds out there.

Timo Raabe won the 'Space Jam Rome' last month with Boba / Dengar.  You can watch it here.

His Dengar build was:

Dengar (53)    
    Marksmanship (1)    
    Proton Torpedoes (13)    
    Autoblasters (3)    
    L3-37 (4)    
    Han Solo (Scum) (10)    
    Contraband Cybernetics (2)    

Ship total: 86  Half Points: 43  Threshold: 5    

Total: 86    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z115X125W136W232W43W85W92WW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

I've heard two viewpoints on Dengar - one is to build him cheap (autoblasters, marksmanship, maybe contraband cybernetics but not a whole lot more).  The other is to lean in to his I6 jousting strength and load him up to cause damage.

L3 is an interesting pick.  Dengar's left banks are already blue so it only helps with the right banks.  I guess that could still be significant, especially if you're taking stress a lot with Han.

This is my favored Nom build.  Greedo is not a negative being at initiative 1.

New Squadron

(38) Nom Lumb [JumpMaster 5000]
(6) Ion Cannon
(1) Greedo
(2) Contraband Cybernetics
(5) Punishing One

Total points: 52

16 hours ago, eljms said:

Timo Raabe won the 'Space Jam Rome' last month with Boba / Dengar.  You can watch it here.

His Dengar build was:

Dengar (53)    
    Marksmanship (1)    
    Proton Torpedoes (13)    
    Autoblasters (3)    
    L3-37 (4)    
    Han Solo (Scum) (10)    

Ship total: 86

This Dengar build paired with 113 points of Boba is just brutal.  It is built to front load a huge amount of damage with double modded torps, taking points or maybe crippling someone so that Boba can mop up. It's not a brainless list though, both ships can fold if put in the wrong spots, but some of the worlds best players have had their heads turned by this list and are making something of a splash with it.

1 hour ago, Rich P said:

This Dengar build paired with 113 points of Boba is just brutal.  It is built to front load a huge amount of damage with double modded torps, taking points or maybe crippling someone so that Boba can mop up. It's not a brainless list though, both ships can fold if put in the wrong spots, but some of the worlds best players have had their heads turned by this list and are making something of a splash with it.

and what would you run with dengar if not bobba?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, federalchipmunk1980 said:

I tried a fat Guri as Dengar's wingman once against triple IG. Dengar was supposed to kill or at least cripple one IG before dying, but my opponent rolled 7 natural evades and an eyeball out of 9 greens (2 pro torps from Dengar and one shot from Guri), so Guri had to face 2 and a half IGs all by herself. As I'm no Phil GC, I was only able to kill one full IG and leave another one on 2 hull when she died...

With average dice, I think Guri is really good for mopping up once Dengar has taken care of any enemy who would hunt Guri otherwise

Edited by RoockieBoy
spelling

9 minutes ago, RoockieBoy said:

I tried a fat Guri as Dengar's wingman once against triple IG. Dengar was supposed to kill or at least cripple one IG before dying, but my opponent rolled 7 natural evades and an eyeball out of 9 greens (2 pro torps from Dengar and one shot from Guri), so Guri had to face 2 and a half IGs all by herself. As I'm no Phil GC, I was only able to kill one full IG and leave another one on 2 hull when she died...

With average dice, I think Guri is really good for mopping up once Dengar has taken care of any enemy who would hunt Guri otherwise

**** it - i dont have Guri lol - i have 2 sprays, 4 fangs and JM lol - got into scum on the bobba fenn meta train lol 

2 hours ago, federalchipmunk1980 said:

I think you are running Dengar with Boba rather than the other way around at the minute. 

Dengar will front load damage, and probably trade up, so that Boba can clean up in mid to end game. If you are taking Boba out, you need another solid ship, or set of ships to replace him.  And there's not many ships in the game that can do what Boba does in end game. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, federalchipmunk1980 said:

Given what you have, maybe Fenn and a Zealous Recruit.  Probably worse than Boba, but a change of pace.

Serissu could fit instead of a 2nd Fang (add Autoblasters).  In extended, Dengar/Ace/Ace could also be Old Terroch plus Talonbane Cobra or 4-LOM (but buying into a Kihraxz or Mist Hunter is probably a pain).

Edited by theBitterFig

I ran Dengar with Fenn and 2 Ion Spacers. It was... Ok.

Problem was that both the I6s are really hitters rather than closers and there's not a lot of follow up if you lose one or the other too soon. Particularly Fenn. Gives your opponent a fairly clear counter strategy and therefore needs a spot on approach.

Some really solid experience with it seemed like it might pay some decent dividends though.

From memory, Dengar had Punishing One, R5-P9 and Autoblasters but I'm not 100% on that. The 1st 2 are a decent combo for early punch.

Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2020 at 7:49 PM, martini74 said:

This is my favored Nom build.  Greedo is not a negative being at initiative 1.

New Squadron

(38) Nom Lumb [JumpMaster 5000]
(6) Ion Cannon
(1) Greedo
(2) Contraband Cybernetics
(5) Punishing One

Total points: 52

Greedo is actually best at I6 (Dengar or Han Falcon) so you spend his charge and nobody's gets free crits on you... 

But I love it on cheap Nom as an extra control mechanic anyway. 

"Please, please shoot me! Please? I'll give you a free crit and turn my gun at you.... PLEASE."

= NOM + no cannon + O-O-O crew + Greedo

Edited by Bucknife

1 hour ago, Bucknife said:

Greedo is actually best at I6 (Dengar or Han Falcon) so you spend his charge and nobody's gets free crits on you... 

But I love it on cheap Nom as an extra control mechanic anyway. 

"Please, please shoot me! Please? I'll give you a free crit and turn my gun at you.... PLEASE."

= NOM + no cannon + O-O-O crew + Greedo

Interesting; I was a bit taken aback by Greedo on a low-initiative ship. I think I get it now, but I dunno that giving away an incoming crit is a worthwhile trade. I personally think he’s a much better option on an i6 like Dengar, where his ability is really one-sided in Dengar’s favor.

Posted (edited)

I’m no expert on Dengar, but I had been trying Electronic Baffle as a way to deal with his stress whenever I REALLY needed him to dump it. I had not considered L337, but I bet she’s a better option.

Edit: Just realized that means dropping Punishing One, though. Ouch.

Edited by Cpt ObVus

On 6/17/2020 at 3:44 AM, Rich P said:
On 6/16/2020 at 10:44 AM, eljms said:

His Dengar build was:

Dengar (53)    
    Marksmanship (1)    
    Proton Torpedoes (13)    
    Autoblasters (3)    
    L3-37 (4)    
    Han Solo (Scum) (10)    

Ship total: 86

For effect: the above is genuinely good. My buddy wouldn't believe me six months ago when I told him to try L3 and no title...

7 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Edit: Just realized that means dropping Punishing One, though. Ouch.

This is better. 

P1 is currently the "cheap" Dengar loadout.