Nsara

X-Wing Miniatures 2020 Spring Infographics are DONE!

After several weeks of off and on work, I have finally finished the Infographics for the Spring 2020 Survey!

661 people responded to the survey and I collected a lot of data. If people have questions relating to the survey data, you are welcome to ask here in this thread and if the stuff isn't too hard to check.

The infographics are over on the Friday Night X-Wing blog here:

https://fridaynightxwing.wordpress.com/2020/06/13/spring2020-infographics/

A few highlights:

• People really want the Alpha-class StarWing to be reprinted. More than any other ship by a good margin
  • People are really hype for more card-only/card+cardboard only expansions that do not involve a new ship (such as Hotshots & Aces)
  • There is a depressingly low amount of female and nonbinary players
  • Most people who care enough to be on forums/subreddits/facebook groups bought Hotshots & Aces (69.4%) and a large number (averaging more than 40%) bought all other expansions
  • Most people are interested in Aces High (69.4%) and other alternate gameplay (75.6%)

I hope people enjoy the infographics, and I am hoping I can get a better turnout if I do a Summer or Fall survey. If people have suggestions for future survey topics, I am open to suggestions!

On 6/13/2020 at 9:57 PM, Nsara said:

I hope people enjoy the infographics, and I am hoping I can get a better turnout if I do a Summer or Fall survey. If people have suggestions for future survey topics, I am open to suggestions!

I love these surveys! Two suggestions:

• Try to host large versions of the images (even if with links) - they are currently too small and we can't read them properly.
  • Ask people in the next survey which new ship they want in the game. Some suggestions here.

On 6/14/2020 at 1:57 AM, Nsara said:
  • People really want the Alpha-class StarWing to be reprinted. More than any other ship by a good margin

Love it.

Considering the good ol' Gunboat hasn't been featured in Disney's Nu Canon or indeed, pretty much anything since the turn of the century there's a lot of nostalgia love for the X-Wing stalwart out there still.

ITT not as though - Mega Vynder builds aside - it's been positioned as potential a major player in second edition.  I guess bringing it into the Hyperspace fold may be part of the appeal.

The Force is still strong with this one.

12 hours ago, Odanan said:

I love these surveys! Two suggestions:

• Try to host large versions of the images (even if with links) - they are currently too small and we can't read them properly.
  • Ask people in the next survey which new ship they want in the game. Some suggestions here.

Are you on mobile? There is a thing you can click to expand the image out to full size in the bottom right.

1 hour ago, Nsara said:

Are you on mobile? There is a thing you can click to expand the image out to full size in the bottom right.

No, I'm on desktop browser. I actually found a way to open the larger image, but it was not easy.

On 6/13/2020 at 7:57 PM, Nsara said:

People really want the Alpha-class StarWing to be reprinted. More than any other ship by a good margin

Makes sense. They were in short supply in first edition, and only got more so. Phantom and Punisher also make sense due to the popularity of Redline and Whisper/Quad Phantoms soaking up all of the models. I'm also for the StarViper and the E-Wing, mainly because I want updated models. Folding wings on the Viper and a prettier sculpt for the E.

On 6/13/2020 at 7:57 PM, Nsara said:

There is a depressingly low amount of female and nonbinary players

While there is sadly a dearth of female player, non-binaries are actually over represented at 1.4% when compared the 0.39% of the US population.

On 6/15/2020 at 6:03 PM, Nsara said:

Desktop here, as well, and the small text is tiny, and if you zoom in, it is pixelated and hard to read.

Anywho, great job collecting, collating, and charting all of this information! I look forward to future surveys/infographics.