Jump to content
LUZ_TAK

Finding friends for the Rebel YT1300

Recommended Posts

On 8/1/2020 at 1:26 AM, theBitterFig said:

Could always switch Lando to Leia... That'd free up 6 points... R5 on Luke, Predator on Wedge?

Jup, I definitely will play around with it, too. 
 

I remember Lando being crucial because of his 'coordinate' ability!

Giving Wegde the second mod on attack really hurts (everything Wedge shoots at).  Or coordinating a boost (or barrel-roll) that the X-Wings can link into focus. Or coordinating a blocked ship  

Basically: the thing your opponent goes after has double mods, or an unexpected reposition.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about this Princess & The Beasts?

Leia & Wookies

(77) Leia Organa [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(2) Jyn Erso
(12) Kanan Jarrus
(7) Veteran Turret Gunner
Points: 98

(42) Kashyyyk Defender [Auzituck Gunship]
(8) Perceptive Copilot
Points: 50

(42) Kashyyyk Defender [Auzituck Gunship]
(8) Perceptive Copilot
Points: 50

Total points: 198

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been playing this: Leia Organa (Kanan Jarrus, Agile Gunner), Ten Numb (B-Foils), Braylen Stram. So far 3:1 with it and I have to say, the list has potential. Thanks to Leia and Kanan the dials are very open on the B-Wings, something I was struggling with on Braylen especially. Agile Gunner adds some neat action economy and again, opens up the dial somewhat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I like this list, but as a caveat, Rebels are my second least played faction behind the Resistance. I like it as there are few upgrades to remember, the pilot abilities are straight forward and easy. The few times I have run it, Lando and Han have had double mods virtually every round. 
 

It’s MY Falcon...

(79) Han Solo [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]
Points: 79

(78) Lando Calrissian [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(5) Nien Nunb
Points: 83

(36) Jake Farrell [RZ-1 A-wing]
Points: 36

Total points: 198

Edited by Archangelspiv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liking the Falcon plus two B-Wings approach (since I happen to have those models). I modified that idea from here to bring it into current Hyperspace compliance. Thoughts?

A/SF-01 B-wing - •Braylen Stramm - 59
    •Braylen Stramm - Blade Leader (52)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Autoblasters (3)
        Stabilized S-foils (Open) (2)

A/SF-01 B-wing - •Ten Numb - 55
    •Ten Numb - Blue Five (48)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Autoblasters (3)
        Stabilized S-foils (Open) (2)

Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Lando Calrissian - 86
    •Lando Calrissian - General of the Alliance (78)
        •Nien Nunb (5)
        •Millennium Falcon (3)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Spinland said:

Liking the Falcon plus two B-Wings approach (since I happen to have those models). I modified that idea from here to bring it into current Hyperspace compliance. Thoughts?

A/SF-01 B-wing - •Braylen Stramm - 59
    •Braylen Stramm - Blade Leader (52)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Autoblasters (3)
        Stabilized S-foils (Open) (2)

A/SF-01 B-wing - •Ten Numb - 55
    •Ten Numb - Blue Five (48)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Autoblasters (3)
        Stabilized S-foils (Open) (2)

Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Lando Calrissian - 86
    •Lando Calrissian - General of the Alliance (78)
        •Nien Nunb (5)
        •Millennium Falcon (3)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Drop FCS from Braylen, it's worthless there. He gets to reroll from Stress. Which you can either get from Red Lock or Red Roll linked actions. Either 2 points of Bid or ditch the Title for something more useful. If the enemy focuses Lando, they are dead because the B-Wings will rip them apart. If they do focus Lando, you are better of using the Additional Action from his ability to Boost IMHO. Getting into Range 3 and/or dodging Arcs will be a much better option. Could run with 5 point bid or just slap Lando with Agile Gunner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Schanez said:

Drop FCS from Braylen, it's worthless there. He gets to reroll from Stress. Which you can either get from Red Lock or Red Roll linked actions. 

D'oh! Great catch, thanks!

I like where you're going with this, and the tactics tips are quite useful. 😎🍺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 7:09 AM, Schanez said:

Drop FCS from Braylen, it's worthless there. He gets to reroll from Stress. Which you can either get from Red Lock or Red Roll linked actions. Either 2 points of Bid or ditch the Title for something more useful. If the enemy focuses Lando, they are dead because the B-Wings will rip them apart. If they do focus Lando, you are better of using the Additional Action from his ability to Boost IMHO. Getting into Range 3 and/or dodging Arcs will be a much better option. Could run with 5 point bid or just slap Lando with Agile Gunner.

I was playing this exact list before the points update with Marksmanship on both B-Wings (cheap and good with Autoblasters) and the rest as a bid.  Now that Lando is one point cheaper, I really like this version:

Lando Calrissian + Nien Nunb (83)
Luke Skywalker + S-Foils (62)
Ten Numb + S-Foils + Autoblasters + FCS (55)
Total: 200

One frustration I had with Lando + Braylen + Ten is that Braylen has a lot of trouble turning around because he can't shed stress like Ten.  This version feels a lot more maneuverable and has been fun to fly.  Luke doesn't have the raw firepower of a double-tapping B-Wing but I think the time on target makes up for it, and he's significantly tankier and even a bit of an ace with Lando letting him reposition before or after his maneuver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gausebeck said:

I was playing this exact list before the points update with Marksmanship on both B-Wings (cheap and good with Autoblasters) and the rest as a bid.  Now that Lando is one point cheaper, I really like this version:

Lando Calrissian + Nien Nunb (83)
Luke Skywalker + S-Foils (62)
Ten Numb + S-Foils + Autoblasters + FCS (55)
Total: 200

One frustration I had with Lando + Braylen + Ten is that Braylen has a lot of trouble turning around because he can't shed stress like Ten.  This version feels a lot more maneuverable and has been fun to fly.  Luke doesn't have the raw firepower of a double-tapping B-Wing but I think the time on target makes up for it, and he's significantly tankier and even a bit of an ace with Lando letting him reposition before or after his maneuver.

The Braylen-Keeping-Stress problem is what made me love Kanan Jarrus becoming Hyperspace legal. I fly Leia with Kanan and Agile Gunner, Ten with foils and Braylen. You can swap Gunner for FCS and Autoblasters on Ten Numb, which could be amazing. Although I am being told by more advanced and experienced players to slap each B-Wing with Hull Upgrade instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is the revised list I came up with based on input thus far.

Lando Calrissian (78)
Nien Nunb (5)
Millennium Falcon (3)

Braylen Stramm (52)
Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (3)
Stabilized S-Foils (2)

Ten Numb (48)
Marksmanship (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Autoblasters (3)
Stabilized S-Foils (2)
Total: 200

 


    
I like the idea of replacing one of the Bs with Luke, too. Should be fun!

Edited by Spinland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here would be one possibility for the Luke & Lando version:

Lando Calrissian — Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter 78
Nien Nunb 5
Ship Total: 83
Half Points: 42 Threshold: 7
   
Luke Skywalker — T-65 X-Wing 62
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 62
Half Points: 31 Threshold: 3
   
Ten Numb — A/SF-01 B-Wing 48
Fire-Control System 2
Autoblasters 3
Stabilized S-Foils 2
Ship Total: 55
Half Points: 28 Threshold: 4
 
Edited by Spinland
Different formatting from YASB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about flying Thane with snap shot instead of Luke:

REB HS 3

(48) Thane Kyrell [T-65 X-wing]
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(7) Snap Shot
Points: 55

(78) Lando Calrissian [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(5) Nien Nunb
(5) Agile Gunner
Points: 88

(48) Ten Numb [A/SF-01 B-wing]
(3) Autoblasters
(2) Stabilized S-Foils
(2) Fire-Control System
(1) Marksmanship
Points: 56

Total points: 199

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ninotik said:

What about flying Thane with snap shot instead of Luke:

REB HS 3

(48) Thane Kyrell [T-65 X-wing]
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(7) Snap Shot
Points: 55

(78) Lando Calrissian [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(5) Nien Nunb
(5) Agile Gunner
Points: 88

(48) Ten Numb [A/SF-01 B-wing]
(3) Autoblasters
(2) Stabilized S-Foils
(2) Fire-Control System
(1) Marksmanship
Points: 56

Total points: 199

If only Thane could spend Snap results for his pilot ability... It would be an amazing combo. But that looks solid. I would swap double Agile Gunner and Marksmanship for Luke in X-Wing. Double mods on each shot, and Ten can still double tap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Schanez said:

If only Thane could spend Snap results for his pilot ability... It would be an amazing combo. But that looks solid. I would swap double Agile Gunner and Marksmanship for Luke in X-Wing. Double mods on each shot, and Ten can still double tap.

Why Thane can't use his ability with SS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://xwing-miniatures-second-edition.fandom.com/wiki/Snap_Shot?file=Swz47_upgrade-snap-shot.pnglatest?cb=20180611171416

https://xwing-miniatures-second-edition.fandom.com/wiki/Thane_Kyrell?file=Swz12_card_thane-kyrell.png
 

Because Thane spends a result for his ability, and spending a result is a dice modification, which you can’t do when performing Snapshot attack.

Edited by missileaway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, imagine Thane with Deadeye Shot. You throw your dice at this Evading Range 3 "Duchess" and drop a Crit and two blanks... Turn Crit to Hit to expose one card, then spend Hit to expose another. No need to roll for Defence... Funny combo tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, missileaway said:

https://xwing-miniatures-second-edition.fandom.com/wiki/Snap_Shot?file=Swz47_upgrade-snap-shot.pnglatest?cb=20180611171416

https://xwing-miniatures-second-edition.fandom.com/wiki/Thane_Kyrell?file=Swz12_card_thane-kyrell.png
 

Because Thane spends a result for his ability, and spending a result is a dice modification, which you can’t do when performing Snapshot attack.

I see... thank you very much...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe:

REB HS 3''

(76) Kanan Jarrus [VCX-100 Light Freighter]
(2) Hull Upgrade
(2) Fire-Control System
Points: 80

(77) Leia Organa [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(5) Agile Gunner
Points: 82

(34) Arvel Crynyd [RZ-1 A-wing]
(3) Intimidation
Points: 37

Total points: 199

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ninotik said:

Maybe:

REB HS 3''

(76) Kanan Jarrus [VCX-100 Light Freighter]
(2) Hull Upgrade
(2) Fire-Control System
Points: 80

(77) Leia Organa [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(5) Agile Gunner
Points: 82

(34) Arvel Crynyd [RZ-1 A-wing]
(3) Intimidation
Points: 37

Total points: 199

I do not see what Kanan is trying to accomplish in this list. Sure he can spend Force to cripple the enemy fire power. But like... Ehh... I'd rather have the I4 Kallus in his place.

  • Leia Organa: Kanan Jarrus
  • Alexsandr Kallus: "Zeb" Orrelios, Intimidation, Hull Upgrade
  • Arvel Crynyd: Intimidation

You have a big bully to ram down the middle, agile A-Wing to plug in any flanking maneuvers they might attempt and Leia to clean up the garbage off the table. You could move Kanan to Kallus to have a Force Charge on both the YT and the VCX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...