Jump to content
LUZ_TAK

Finding friends for the Rebel YT1300

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Schanez said:

Or Force Twins with a Plus...

  • Leia Organa (79) Nien Nunb (5), Millennium Falcon (3)
  • Luke Skywalker (62) Servomotor S-Foils (0)
  • Thane Kyrell (48) Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Just some Force goodness in the Falcon and a few late game pieces. Thane is the least dangerous one here, untill enemies pile some damage cards. Cute thing is, that's again Hyperspace legal and you have the benefit of being I5 all around.

I've also used something very similar to this - trading Nien and title on Leia for K2-S0, and it is a fantastic list. Unlike Lando, Leia still gets mods and fun if blocked, K2-S0 gives a calc to Thane who has R4 to help him clear it. As you say, Thane is a clear early target as he is so strong in late game, but then Leia and Luke are both late game monsters with mods and repositions. I found that the key to the list is to be hugely aggressive, leaving in to the three double modded shots that you get in the opening engagements.

My list in Full was:

  • Leia Organa (79) K-2SO (8)
  • Luke Skywalker (62) Servomotor S-Foils (0)
  • Thane Kyrell (48) R4 Astromech (2), Servomotor S-Foils (0)    
        
    Total: 199

I've also seen people call for replacing Wedge in for Thane by dropping K2-S0 but I'm not sure it's better.   

Edited by Rich P
More thoughts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2020 at 10:06 PM, Tellonius said:

  à la Oli

(79) Leia Organa [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(8) K-2SO
Points: 87

(62) Luke Skywalker [T-65 X-wing]
(0) Servomotor S-foils
Points: 62

(48) Thane Kyrell [T-65 X-wing]
(2) R4 Astromech
(0) Servomotor S-foils
Points: 50

Total points: 199

 

I saw Oli P. flying this, similar to yours @Schanez  

Flew it a couple times: very nice because three ini 5s, three double-modded attacks each turn. Not exposing a tokenless ship after a k-turn. 
 

suprisingly Leia flies more like Rey than any other falcon! Arc to the front, instead of the 'usual' circling. 

Mind sharing link to Olis match it it was streamed?

Edited by Minimono

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you like the VCX - you could try something like this:

Lando + Nien Numb + Falcon Title

Hera + Saw + Ghost

Zeb (Attack Shuttle) + Phantom

 

Lando can double action himself or pass the Lock/Reinforce to Hera. Zeb opens up the rear arc but is primarily there as a 3-dice gun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Minimono said:

Thanks for spending the time to do that for me. Really appreciate it!

No worries - I'm glad it is cataloged somewhere now - no more looking forever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hyperspace I am going to test...

  1. Leia Organa: K-2S0
  2. Luke Skywalker: X-Foils
  3. Thane Kyrell: X-Foils, R4 Astromech

Just because you can have three 3 Dice double moded shots each turn without much effort.

For Extended I cooked up this to test...

  1. Leia Orgaa: Jyn Erso, Kanan Jarrus
  2. Luke Skywalker: X-Foils
  3. Arvel Crynyd: Intimidation, Daredevil/Predato

I really like the shenanigans Leia can do with maneuvers in rage 0-2 from herself. She can either give you a Focus, if you performed a Red Maneuver, or an Evade thanks to Jyn Erso. She can also burn a Force to remove Stress, if you just done a white one. I think it might help keep the dials a bit more open. Also gives Leia two Force Charges instead of one. And to fill in the list, I have Arvel who does Arvel things. And still 6 points of bid. Alternatively you can strip second talent from Arvel and give Leia an Agile Gunner for that free turret spin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Schanez said:

Hyperspace I am going to test...

  1. Leia Organa: K-2S0
  2. Luke Skywalker: X-Foils
  3. Thane Kyrell: X-Foils, R4 Astromech

Just because you can have three 3 Dice double moded shots each turn without much effort.

For Extended I cooked up this to test...

  1. Leia Orgaa: Jyn Erso, Kanan Jarrus
  2. Luke Skywalker: X-Foils
  3. Arvel Crynyd: Intimidation, Daredevil/Predato

I really like the shenanigans Leia can do with maneuvers in rage 0-2 from herself. She can either give you a Focus, if you performed a Red Maneuver, or an Evade thanks to Jyn Erso. She can also burn a Force to remove Stress, if you just done a white one. I think it might help keep the dials a bit more open. Also gives Leia two Force Charges instead of one. And to fill in the list, I have Arvel who does Arvel things. And still 6 points of bid. Alternatively you can strip second talent from Arvel and give Leia an Agile Gunner for that free turret spin.

No droid  for luke?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LUZ_TAK said:

No droid  for luke?

Well R2 is 7 points. R5 takes an Action. Jyn Erso opens up Evade for him as a token. R3 is a very good offensive option. R4 for just more blues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rich P said:

Been put on to this as a possible viable option. I heard Oli tried it out.  

Leia Organa (79)
Millennium Falcon (3)

Wedge Antilles (55)
Crack Shot (1)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Jan Ors (41)
Crack Shot (1)
Engine Upgrade (2)
Moldy Crow (18)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Nice. Not sure about the MF title though. Wouldn't Leia be Focusing mostly, and using her force charge to evade, instead of Evading as an action? That frees some points for...Baze? Zeb? Brilliant Evasion? Hull? Droid for Wedge? Bid?

Edited by LUZ_TAK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Nice. Not sure about the MF title though. Wouldn't Leia be Focusing mostly, and using her force charge to evade, instead of Evading as an action? That frees some points for...Baze? Zeb? Brilliant Evasion? Hull? Droid for Wedge? Bid?

I tend to think I'd be Locking with Leia as much as possible.

However, the Evade isn't bad.  It'll give you defensive rerolls while active, so between that and a Force charge, that can probably go a long way on defense.  If Leia is the target against a lot of small ships, that's a big boost.  Just using the force charge for defense

That said, I'm always tempted by Jyn Erso over MF, due to the list-wide potential.  Being able to Evade on Jan Ors while she's got a Focus stack can be nice, considering she's probably already a big target due to being expensive and the squishiest ship.

But Jan is more likely in the back, so maybe Rerolls on Leia is more valuable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried it and liked it - had an open chat with opponent afterwards and during about target priority, and he said that Leia is the lowest priority for him because wedge can brutalise ships in mid/end game, and Jan is powering him up to make those 4/5 dice attacks. So he was trying to take Wedge out, with Jan as a happy second target. 

I think the power of the list is that the 'most dangerous' ship is the cheapest. Then you have the other two which are much harder to kill quickly. I'm going to play it a few more times, hopefully in upcoming online tourneys - I'll let you know how I find it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rich P said:

I tried it and liked it - had an open chat with opponent afterwards and during about target priority, and he said that Leia is the lowest priority for him because wedge can brutalise ships in mid/end game, and Jan is powering him up to make those 4/5 dice attacks. So he was trying to take Wedge out, with Jan as a happy second target. 

I think the power of the list is that the 'most dangerous' ship is the cheapest. Then you have the other two which are much harder to kill quickly. I'm going to play it a few more times, hopefully in upcoming online tourneys - I'll let you know how I find it

 

Was the MF title worth it? If Leia is not a prime target, that means less evading...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could potentially fit...

  1. Lando Calrisian: Nien Numb
  2. Leia Organa
  3. Arvel Crynyd: Intimidation

For a cheeky Hyperspace list. Lots of health in both YTs and Arvel to make those double modded three dice attacks hurt some more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

One of the things I’ve always found interesting is how Han fits perfectly into the 5 X-Wing build. He’s worth exactly 2 Xs. 

Question is, does it improve the build? I say yes. There’s lots of problems with getting 5 V arcs all on target repeatedly. Making one a side arc is a nice balance to the build. Now you only keep 3 Vs on target while you have an artillery piece circling around. 

Plus the I6 and a good endgame piece. And he particularly hits hard against certain popular elements of the game right now like Fangs (turns off their ability) and Boba.

Han + 3X is on my “to-do” list but haven’t fielded it, yet. 

Currently doing 3X T70 with Heroic and Chewie with Contraband. It’s fun. 

Edited by JBFancourt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Was the MF title worth it? If Leia is not a prime target, that means less evading...

I'm not sure - I think if people take the 'correct' target choice, they won't go after Leia, but if they do go after her, you can run behind a rock and evade for 2 dice with a reroll and 2 tokens.  If that evade preserves half points on the final turn in one or two games in a tournament, I think it's worth it. 

That and I can't see any thing else that I'd rather spend it on ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 10:41 PM, schdarr said:

No worries - I'm glad it is cataloged somewhere now - no more looking forever!

Woa, thanks! I wasn't able to find it...

Even asked Oli himself for a hint, but...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tellonius said:

My favored list of old dropped to 200:

  • Lando + Nien
  • Luke
  • Wedge

Who needs more?

Powerfull, fun to fly; unfortuna the one point bid is missing...

Could always switch Lando to Leia... That'd free up 6 points... R5 on Luke, Predator on Wedge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been flying this recently...

  • Leia Organa: Kanan Jarrus, Nien Nunb, Millenium Falcon
  • Braylen Stram
  • Ten Numb: B-Foils

Each vessel can double mod itself without much effort. Leia works wonders with Braylen, really opening up his Dial, when he is stressed. Which was one of my main griefs about him. It is Hyperspace legal of course. But after a few games on Fly Casual and just on the table, I have a few changes in mind.

  1. Yeet Nien Nunb out. He is not needed there.
  2. Yeet Millenium Falcon out. If they go after Leia, they are stupid. B-Wings will absolutely murder them.
  3. With 9 points spare, I am torn between Engine Upgrade and Agile Gunner. I found myself wanting to Rotate Arc a lot, but also Boosting a few times. I will go for Agile Gunner, because this version of Leia can get quality time with Kanan to let go of some built up Stress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so sweet:

HS Reb1

(77) Leia Organa [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(12) Kanan Jarrus
Points: 89

(52) Braylen Stramm [A/SF-01 B-wing]
(2) Fire-Control System
Points: 54

(40) "Dutch" Vander [BTL-A4 Y-wing]
(3) R3 Astromech
(13) Proton Torpedoes
Points: 56

Total points: 199

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...