Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

EA’s Star Wars Squadrons

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

But the TIE Hunter doesn't exist, DEX.  Not in Disney canon

Neither does the Gunboat.  And of the two, the Hunter deserves recanonization more.

7 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

And some would say the TIE Hunter doesn't need to return in a world where the TIE Defender already exists.

Then those same people must think the Gunboat doesn't need to return in a world where the TIE Defender already exists.

Edited by DarthEnderX

8 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

I really can't stand that quote.  It essentially sums up the utter hash Disney made of the sequels in one vomit inducing mouthfart.

As Luke said, “Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong.”

6 hours ago, StriderZessei said:

Yeah, it's almost like it was the flawed viewpoint of the villain who was wrong the whole movie...

As Luke would have said, “Wrong again.”

Just now, StriderZessei said:

Care to explain? 

Sure. Kylo was the only guy in TLJ who really had the right idea. Don’t bind your fate to the past. It doesn’t matter where you come from. Become who you were meant to be independent of the flaws of your mentors and elders. 

Of course, his ends were ignoble. But his means were actually not horrible. It’s the same philosophy that allowed Luke to be more than the son of Vader.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Sure. Kylo was the only guy in TLJ who really had the right idea. Don’t bind your fate to the past. It doesn’t matter where you come from. Become who you were meant to be independent of the flaws of your mentors and elders. 

Of course, his ends were ignoble. But his means were actually not horrible. It’s the same philosophy that allowed Luke to be more than the son of Vader.

I see what you mean now. Like Movies With Mikey said: Kylo was raised by three of the Rebellion's greatest heroes, and he was the one saying dynasties don't matter; meanwhile Rey had all the makings of a villain, being granted great power and all the unfortunate upbringing to justify abusing it. 

That said, Kylo felt the need to completely reject the past, while Yoda had the right of it: embrace the past, (all of its successes and failures and lessons,) learn from it, and grow beyond it. 

Anyway, back on topic: Squadron looks like a ton of fun, and I hope it's successful enough to merit a couple DLC packs with more ships, modes, levels, and scenarios. The dev team really seems to be making this a labor of love. 

Edited by StriderZessei

7 hours ago, Waldorf28 said:

Easy with the sequel nerdrage folks. This thread is derailing fast! 🙂

This thread derailed as soon as someone pointed out that B-wings aren't in the game. The preponderance of thread has been a discussion of stuff that isn't in a game that they are saying is not going to have stuff added to it. The shortcomings of the sequels are the least of the off the tracks content in this thread. 

1 hour ago, LUZ_TAK said:

I feel this game is a bit of a probe... release a good but short/limited game, test the market, rerelease it with full content later, at higher price.

This.  Which makes it all the more concerning to me that - for a community that has been crying out for Star Wars games based specifically around starfighter combat for years now - so many people are moaning and whining and crying off already.

Some people out there have an issue with EA.  Fine, whatever.  But it's Motive who are developing the game.  And if you don't support projects like this - if you don't at least give them a chance - then you're not likely to get more and better in the future.

Battlefront II was and is a very good game, by the way.  Despite the outrage it generated at launch.

Posted (edited)

I tryed to scroll this thread to get some information about this game... and what I get? the usual hatespeaching ranting that is killing the love for star wars. Guys, if you have such hatred inside to spit out, the problem is not in the films, or disney: it is in you - you are suffering badly for something. Lucas sold the company after the Prequels because he did not want to deal with this negativity anymore - so if you hate what Disney made Star Wars to be, you have to understand that it is you the reason all this happened.

So stop ranting around. Enjoy what is (the old canon, the new, whichever, they are all fantastic stories not a reality),  and hope the franchise will produce good things such as X-Wing Miniatures, Legion, Armada, and good videogames.

And now, I am very happy to have bought my first playstation at 42 years, to crush some rebel scum out there!

By the way: I am a veteran player from the LucasArts Games, and I still play X-Wing, Tie Fighter, XvT, Xwing Armada, and are very fondly of project such us XWA Upgrade. This game is a good thing because all the good stuff of old is unknown to the young ones, and they are not interested in understand that kind of approach. Now I can persuade some youngster of 12-16 to take a shot in a cockpit. And this will be vital to mantain alive the Legend of Star Wars. "Teach and pass what you have learned!"

Edited by CapitanGuinea

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Frimmel said:

This thread derailed as soon as someone pointed out that B-wings aren't in the game. The preponderance of thread has been a discussion of stuff that isn't in a game that they are saying is not going to have stuff added to it. The shortcomings of the sequels are the least of the off the tracks content in this thread. 

Uh, no.  Talking about ships that are missing from a game in a thread about said game is NOT more offtopic than unrelated movie discussion.

1 hour ago, CapitanGuinea said:

Xwing Armada

I assume you either meant X-Wing Alliance or Star Wars: Armada.

Either that or...Wing Commander Armada...

Edited by DarthEnderX

2 hours ago, CapitanGuinea said:

I tryed to scroll this thread to get some information about this game... and what I get? the usual hatespeaching ranting that is killing the love for star wars. Guys, if you have such hatred inside to spit out, the problem is not in the films, or disney: it is in you

I agree with the spirit of your post, but I don't see the same thing that you are talking about. 7 pages of people talking about the game and what they hope to see in the future and only on page 8 do people start negging Star Wars sequels.

Posted (edited)

I'm terribly exited about this game, look forward to buying it (if my PC runs it). I only gave a theory about why it might be that it has a limited selection of ships, a limited solo campaign and limited pvp, and a $40 price tag.

But yes, OT vs ST ranting got out of control in other threads and is something we don't need in this one (or any other thread tbh). This thread should be about what's to come. And so far looks awesome.

Edited by LUZ_TAK

2 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

I agree with the spirit of your post, but I don't see the same thing that you are talking about. 7 pages of people talking about the game and what they hope to see in the future and only on page 8 do people start negging Star Wars sequels.

Yes, and I'm sorry for contributing to the vitriol. Gecko's starting to become the new ParaGoombaSlayer with his condescension and toxicity, and I'm getting sick of it, but adding to the toxicity doesn't fix anything. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

I'm terribly exited about this game, look forward to buying it (if my PC runs it). I only gave a theory about why it might be that it has a limited selection of ships, a limited solo campaign and limited pvp, and a $40 price tag.

Much like XWM started with just TIE fighters v X wings, it wants to be a tight rounded experience as it stands with the option to add on to it if demand is there. 

If it's popular I'm sure there will be plenty of expansion content. And in another year you'll see the squadrons deluxe pack with the 1 or 2 expansions include at the price of a full game. I don't think it needs much theory than that.

Maybe if Covid wasn't a thing there might have been B-Wings but something had to get cut. 

Edited by Sk3tch

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StriderZessei said:

Yes, and I'm sorry for contributing to the vitriol. Gecko's starting to become the new ParaGoombaSlayer with his condescension and toxicity, and I'm getting sick of it, but adding to the toxicity doesn't fix anything. 

Oh wind your neck in.  We were getting nicely back on topic until you decided to start bleating again.   😂😂😂

Edited by FTS Gecko

1 minute ago, StriderZessei said:

Case in point.

Oh, I see.  You're one of those toxic tryhards who absolutely must get the last word every internet discussion, aren't you?  That's why you decided to carry on beefing when the topic had already moved on.

Mewl away kiddo, be my guest.  I'm just going to file your tripe under the "ignore" tab, where it belongs.