Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

EA’s Star Wars Squadrons

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, reqent said:

This looks good.  I'm curious when this is set the imperial commander talks about revenge and the rebel commander talks about the new republic so maybe just after Rotj? 

5 verse 5 is interesting but I would be surprised if that is their ideal mode.

I hope the ships feel different and not just skins an interceptor should be faster and more fragile. 

At the very least I can save space by deleting battlefront 2.  

"Revenge" could also mean after the first Death Star. I hope we get a campaign that spans a decent amount of the era, and also one that isn't just a half dozen missions. 

Edited by Jo Jo

Interesting. It states "game engine footage" instead of gameplay footage. Good chance for reasonably good visuals, just not on par with what the trailer shows. Likely Multiplayer only, or initially at least. Strong suspicion it'll be a console only release.

Well it's coming out in October i didn't check to see if on pc.  Ea is having their e3 show on the 18th so we probably dont have too wait too long 

1 minute ago, urbanyeti said:

The pre order price is 40 bucks. Does this mean it’s going to be content light or could the price go up?

At that price, I expect the campaign to be rather short if it exists at all. Might just be a few missions to instruct on how to use each fighter. I hope not, but I fear the worst.

As for the contents of the trailer, I'm mostly pleased with what was presented. 5v5 doesn't surprise me, honestly, as it probably allows for a lot of tuning. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just the "core" gameplay mode and that we'll also get other scales like doubles and big team battle somewhere down the line (still got that Halo stuff stuck in my head I guess).

On 6/12/2020 at 9:52 PM, Npmartian said:

Why do you dislike that system? Genuinely curious, no offense intended.

Because it’s like someone sticking you on a track instead of flying a ship in a genuine 3D environment.

The 90’s X-Wing series is still unmatched for open, deep combat.

1 hour ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

That’s 100% a Starhawk on mark 0:51 on the screen.

I’m sure everyone saw by now, but in case you were piloting at the same time as viewing, that’s Wedge and Hera in the trailer.

Let the nostalgia flow through you.

How dare they use fan service on me again!   After this I swear  I won’t let them use it again till their next game! 

I am one with the pre-orders, and the pre-orders are with me. 

I am one with the pre-orders, and the pre-orders are with me. 

11 minutes ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Also, Uwing in post ROTJ... all that bs about them being all gone at Scarif put to rest.

Please dear @LUZ_TAK this is No Place for Amateur Hour Heathen Rectons.  

Not before second breakfast.  

(I fully agree with you.    As an aside, and all humitly aside, as a fan since 1977,  I have a PhD/Blackbelt in Recton.   That “all gone after Scrif” was just LAAAAZY.)