Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

EA’s Star Wars Squadrons Game Achievements and Early Mission Reveal !!

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

sws-screenshot-reveal-6.jpg.adapt.1456w.

sws-screenshot-reveal-7.jpg.adapt.1456w.

A shame there's no B-wing in there, tho. Hard to think of a direct imperial equivalent, to be fair. A TIE brute, maybe? We know so little about the thing.

Edit: had missed previous posts on the lack o B-wing. I still wonder what the imperial analog would be, tho.. Is it more defender or more tie brute? 

Edited by takfar

4 minutes ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Alpha Gunship?

One with screen time is more likely I think.

26 minutes ago, takfar said:

Edit: had missed previous posts on the lack o B-wing. I still wonder what the imperial analog would be, tho.. Is it more defender or more tie brute? 

Adding in the TIE Defender in parallel with the B-Wing would be imbalanced as heck. I'd like to think the TIE Brute is closer, but we really don't have enough information on it ( though that sort of gives the developers for the game an opportunity to salvage it from the timing/marketing mess of Solo).

1 minute ago, reqent said:

Theres an u-wing in alphabet squadron which takes place after endor as well.

That's probably both post Scarif U-Wings covered then.

2 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

"Revenge" could also mean after the first Death Star. I hope we get a campaign that spans a decent amount of the era, and also one that isn't just a half dozen missions. 

2 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

At that price, I expect the campaign to be rather short if it exists at all. Might just be a few missions to instruct on how to use each fighter. I hope not, but I fear the worst.

Single Player Story Mode Set after events of Return of the Jedi.

Game will be on Consoles, PlayStation and Xbox.

Game can be played in VR on PC and PlayStation 4. 

Ability to customize and modify fighters, flightsuites and helmets as “players move up in the rankings.”

58 minutes ago, takfar said:

A shame there's no B-wing in there, tho. Hard to think of a direct imperial equivalent, to be fair. A TIE brute, maybe? We know so little about the thing.

Well back in EA Battlefront 1 the B-Wing and Defender were added at the same time as advanced AI reinforcements, so there is some previous ground as both being associated together.

Just cause they are the biggest names the Defender and Advanced would be added as a B wing counterpart, maybe Brute.

4 hours ago, reqent said:

EA's website states you can divert power between systems!

I am hoping that this is a limiting mechanic in multiplayer. Like maybe you get 10 points of power and you get to spend them between offensive, defense, munitions, and maneuverability. I remember not enjoying the Battlefront 2 multiplayer at the start because of veterans that had their stat cards maxed out would kill me in a heartbeat, and then once I leveled up, I was rinsing newbs left and right. Also, they need to sort their heroes out a little better. Poe and Luke would be invincible in a skilled player's hands as they had regen boosts (imagine that!).

4 hours ago, reqent said:

EA's website states you can divert power between systems!

During the first few seconds of the asteroid chase scene you can see the female X-wing pilot divert energy from weapons and shields into engine.  Blue dots = engine, Red= weapons, Green= shields.

6 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

I am hoping that this is a limiting mechanic in multiplayer. Like maybe you get 10 points of power and you get to spend them between offensive, defense, munitions, and maneuverability. I remember not enjoying the Battlefront 2 multiplayer at the start because of veterans that had their stat cards maxed out would kill me in a heartbeat, and then once I leveled up, I was rinsing newbs left and right. Also, they need to sort their heroes out a little better. Poe and Luke would be invincible in a skilled player's hands as they had regen boosts (imagine that!).

I hope they do not include heroes. I want this game to feel different than battlefront even if they recycle some  assets to price it at 40.00.  Letting you adjust stats or even just basic matchmaking based on the gear you have available would be great.  

18 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

I've been hope kg for a Star Wars skinned version of Elite: Dangerous.

Personally I like what Criterion did with Starfighter combat in Battlefront II.  It's relatively pick up and play, but satisfying.  Certainly much better than the ride-on-rails Rogue Squadron games from the N64 era.  I wouldn't be averse to seeing them given the chance to do a more in depth, detailed game.

I can’t be certain here, but I don’t think you’re referring to Rogue Squadron when you’re talking about the ride-on-rails Star Wars experience. Rogue Squadron was a fairly open (and pretty fun) experience; there was a mission area, yes, but within that area you were able to fly freely. You might be referring to the godawful Rebel Assault game, which was a Full-Motion Video track-based shooter, and not at all good in any way.

13 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

I’m guessing what they mean is that you can divert power from weapons and shields to engines (or really from any system to another system) on the fly.

In the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter games, if you were operating in a heavy fire zone (say, at close quarters under the belly of an ISD, taking out TIE Bombers as they launched), and you needed increased shield regeneration to deal with turbolaser hits, you could crank up the rate at which your shields regained power by diverting engine power to your shield generator (alternatively, you could rely on speed, and divert more power to engines, but that left you with less time on target to kill the bombers before you’d have to come around for another pass). If you were really good at firing missiles without a lock, and had a full rack of them, you might instead divert all your weapons power to shields and engines, crank the shields up a little, and just pop the bomber wings with dumb-fired warheads as they dropped out of the ISD, while maintaining good speed and shield power.

It was a really cool system that allowed you to play to the strengths of whatever ship you might be piloting, and to your own skills. There were even many occasions where you could use emergency power shunt commands to take all available weapons juice and push it straight to shields, which would keep you alive in a pinch, but leave your guns temporarily depleted, and vice-versa, you could drain your shields to temporarily increase the juice in your guns.

The power management system was one of the many things that really made those games fun.

18 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Nice imperial ship selection, too bad no B-wings for Rebels. Maybe future release?

Paid DLC material, for sure.

Which Imperial ship could be added with equivalent role? (Starwing comes to mind, but they will probably fit the TIE Brute or TIE Defender instead)

9 hours ago, Bucknife said:

What do we feel this means for X-Wing?!

More new OT pilots?

Hopefully some new canon New Republic content (E-wing, K-Wing, etc)? 

Squadron upgrades or titles? 

What I want: new E and K wings for the rebel faction with new canonized pilots and some cool tricks. Some new imperial options, although their ships of the era are already in the game.

What I expect: some new pilots to existing rebel ships, maybe a new paint scheme so we feel like we have to buy it (worst case, an Adepticon only repaint).

Might be happening that I would still want: I saw other ties with blood stripes besides the interceptor — ffg hinted at squadron “Ace packs” with old chassis, new paint and new pilots - can I hope for that reaper, an interceptor, and maybe another tie variant all with blood stripes? (I do have the old Imp aces 1.0 one, just thinking what would fit the package)

15 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

I haven’t played any modern video or pc game of Star Wars. I’m really apprehensive of how EA is going to handle all this. But if it’s handled well, I could see buying it especially for SP play.