Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Happy Friday

I had just gotten done with a game at my house and my 6-year old, half jokingly, told me that I liked my starships more than I liked my niñas (daughters).  I knelt down next to her and told her that, if she asked, I would never play another game because there was nothing that I loved more than her and her sister.  The little punk just smiled and said, "I know."  First she tricks me and then she quotes one of the best lines in all of Star Wars... that was a great moment.

5 hours ago, Cubanboy said:

Hey peeps happy Friday,

So what is your favorite moment with Armada?

(A game played, looking at first ship)

Hello there!

For me, it is probably the first time I managed to blow up an SSD.

I played a 600pt Konstantine fleet against my regular opponent.  I brought an Interdictor, a Quasar, a Harrow Vic1 and two Vic2s including the much maligned Dominator.

My opponent brought a triple AFMk2, double MC80 command cruiser Ackbar conga.  He put the MC80s at the front, Ackbar 2nd in line and advanced on me at speed 2.

I used my Interdictor to make his setup bothersome so his ships were a bit more crammed together than he'd like, and then on turn 3 I dropped his front MC80 to speed 1 with Konstantine, and his three assault frigates I sped up to speed 3.  He'd been planning a full onslaught the next turn so his ships were all carrying CF dials.  The front AF exploded from all the ramming it did.  The rear one ended up going off the board.  Ackbar swung his MC80 out of line, in to double arc range of Dominator who promptly gave it 15 damage points and it exploded.

I won the game but only just because I was laughing so hard I had trouble concentrating and forgot about my own ships and the Quasar ran off the board too.

Always loved Dominator ever since that day.

Glad you're back posting on Fridays @Cubanboy. If I had to define my favorite moment in Armada, it was the first time I ever executed a perfect Pulsetap. Two ISD IIs bearing down on the enemy ships stopping just outside of red range to avoid the long range shot. The enemy moved two ships up into blue and the next round was pure mayhem. ISD II on the left used screed and overload pulse to exhaust both ships defenses, ISD on the right delivered sheer pain using SW7s, needa, TRCs, and Avenger. 

Blew both ships out of the sky. 

Prenerf TRC/Avenger pulsetap was brutal. 

Always good to see a new Cuban Friday thread.

For me it was probably the many pre-tournament breakfasts we've had.  Just being able to hang out with other people who like the game, and enjoy the community we've built.

In game, probably my favorite moment was Lando-rerolling 7 damage down to 0.

A bit hazy on the details (I can't fully remember either list) but there was this one game where nothing went right for me or my cousin. He flew both his MC30s off the table, and my squadrons were doing poor against his ships. The final action was my Quasar Fire II basically saying "I'll do it myself" and destroyed his Neb-B, I think it was Yavaris. A weird game but the total breakdown of both our gameplans was funny.

Game playing Navigational Hazards where both of us had Quasars (opponent had an ISD, I think I was running the Worlds Kitten+Gozantis+Raider list). His ISD came bearing down on my Quasar, which went up to speed 3 to escape and then got Crew Panic, with no shields left and only one hull. It spent the next couple of turns rushing helplessly towards the edge of the board, being ignored.

On the other hand, his Quasar also got pretty low, and I think ended up with a Ruptured Engine and Damaged Controls. Which, at speed 1, stuck in a squadron ball, playing Navigational Hazards, was a problem. The game ended when my opponent deliberately sped the Quasar up, knowing that would kill it, but hoping that would let it avoid an asteroid. It still clipped the asteroid and we spent a while trying to figure out what killed the ship first, and whether I got the victory token.

Other fun game; running a Sloane Quasar+Demolisher+Corvus list against an Ackbar dual AFMkIIs + MC75 list with all the shiny. Played his Fleet Ambush, which was great for my Corvus (all my squadrons started close, my ships far back). He deployed in a conga line along his edge of the board, with my Demo pincer-ing in from the front and the Quasar and squads coming up from behind. Start of round 1 I Admiral Titus'd his leading frigate down to speed 1. The game involved his ships desperately trying to speed up (and not bump) while running away from my Quasar, which came chasing after them. Not often you get 3 ECMs, Enhanced Armaments, Intel Officer, XI7s battleships fleeing from a light carrier.

The squadrons took down the first AFMkII, my Demo hit the other, which got a fairly weak front shot off at it and then jumped over, and the Demo finished things off by finishing off the MC75 (already damaged from the squadrons) out the front and the AFMkII out the back. I felt a bit dirty after that game.