Sign in to follow this  
Tvboy

Selling Limited Edition N1 Fighter for a Good Cause

Posted (edited)
Hi everyone, I have decided to sell my Limited Edition Naboo Fighter, and I will be donating 100% of the proceeds to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, which is a non-profit that fights for racial justice in America through educational and legal aid for black, brown and other minority groups, including protecting voting rights for minority voters. I realize that I was one of the lucky ones that was able to get one of these because I had tickets to Adepticon and the SOS there, and I can't really join in the protests or donate thousands of dollars because of health reasons, so I'm trying to do what little I can to help out with the terrible situation we are still dealing with in the U.S.

Here is the listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184317713999

You can also check out their main page: https://www.naacpldf.org/about-us/
Edited by Tvboy

Hi everyone. A big congratulations and thank you to @admlsnackbar, the winning bidder, who got into a bidding war in the last 2 minutes with @mronly2010 and won with a final bid of a whopping $291! I have already made the donation to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund in his real name, and have sent all the paperwork to him through ebay, and I will be mailing out his brand new silver N1 today. Unfortunately the receipt that was emailed to me does not show his name on it, but I have confirmed through screenshots to the winning bidder that I did include their name on the donation, though I will not be sharing their name publicly here to respect their forum anonymity, but they can share it with you all if they wish to. 

Folks like me who had the privilege of spending $20 on this ship can easily flip it for a cool $100 profit, but I'm glad that instead of $100 in my pocket, I was able to turn this ship into a $291 donation to help fight for racial justice and racial equality, thanks to the generosity of folks like admlsnackbar that were willing to pay way more than market value knowing the funds were going to a good cause.

LBkbwHh.png

DrjBoue.png