Sign in to follow this  
KristyStevens

Question about Descent: Journeys in the Dark, Second Edition

Based on recommendations in this sub, I bought Descent: Journeys in the Dark, Second Edition; after three hours my friends and I understood enough to play.

We had fun, but I have some questions:

How many cards does the Overlord start out with? The Travel section explains that he/she gets one per hero but I don't see that referenced elsewhere.

What about the hero tokens? Besides as placeholders when you get knocked out, what are they for?

Do you get to keep your items between questions, or do you keep only keep the gold on search items? If you keep the item, do you get to keep the gold as well?

What are the little tokens with question marks on them?

I think I have more questions but I've forgotten them. Any good tips/guides/bullet point lists you guys know of?

Thanks!

On 6/4/2020 at 8:46 AM, KristyStevens said:

How many cards does the Overlord start out with?

1 per hero.

What about the hero tokens? Besides as placeholders when you get knocked out, what are they for ?

Treat them as "generic tokens" that can be used by some quests rules, some class cards, etc ... (for example, the Curse of monkey god Overlord card)

Do you get to keep your items between questions, or do you keep only keep the gold on search items? If you keep the item, do you get to keep the gold as well ?

you're talking about search cards ? (yellow cards obtained while searching ?) [Items are weapons, armor, etc ..., even if some search cards have the "item" type ... )]

Search cards are discarded at the end of a quest (not an encounter) and whatever used or not, heroes keep the gold value of each of them (note it on a piece of paper)

What are the little tokens with question marks on them ?

Objective tokens. Use in many many questions for many reason and the color of them has oftenly a big importance !

I think I have more questions but I've forgotten them. Any good tips/guides/bullet point lists you guys know of?

The game is tough to be played with the more expansion possible. So, the more you have, the better the game is (all is the better experience) : The heroes would have more possibilities to create team, and the Overlord will have more tools to fight them (either through more overlord cards class, or the plot deck, that can offer real interresting strategies)