Gunner070

Newer Player - Carcosa pack reprints?

Hi everyone,

I started getting into the game just as WFH started a couple months ago. Since then, I've ended up getting just about every cycle that's out, except for one: Carcosa. I hear it's a favorite among vets and I did get the Deluxe but some of the packs (notably, but not limited to, Echoes of the Past) are hard to find and I've yet to get any until I can secure all 6. I'll admit I've been out of the FFG circles for a while so I ask if reprints or restocks is a thing I could look forward to, or are we just SOL? Thanks!

Reprints are relatively frequent, though less regular and well-advertised than previously. However, the pandemic has really hit FFG's distribution quite hard so supply shortages are to be expected, though they're starting to resume distribution. 

Basically, absent any announcements to the contrary, you can expect to see reprints. They might take a bit of time, but if you're willing to wait for an indeterminate amount of time, there's no need to pay high prices to order normal packs from overseas or from price gougers.

Yeah! Just wanted to chime in and say I'm a new player looking for most of the Carcosa cards too. Specifically Echoes of the Past, Black Stars Rise, and Dim Carcosa. Do you guys think it would be okay to skip that campaign and move on to The Forgotten Age cycle or would I be gimped if I didn't have the new/upgraded cards from the Carcosa campaign?

Please, guys, print more cards!!

I would recommend getting what you can now strictly for the player cards.  Once you gotten the missing packs, play through the campaign. Don't worry about Return for now.  I never recommend anyone to play Return before playing the original .

On 6/18/2020 at 9:40 AM, Scrumpie said:

Yeah! Just wanted to chime in and say I'm a new player looking for most of the Carcosa cards too. Specifically Echoes of the Past, Black Stars Rise, and Dim Carcosa. Do you guys think it would be okay to skip that campaign and move on to The Forgotten Age cycle or would I be gimped if I didn't have the new/upgraded cards from the Carcosa campaign?

You should be fine on player cards.  There are good cards in every pack, but it shouldn't have a large impact on you.

As far as playing campaigns out of order, that's practically been my moto.

We are about to get a big infusion of player cards with the intro decks so I'd think you'll be fine if you skip a cycle going forward.  You might not have the most optimal tools but at the same time working within constraints breeds creative.  At least that has always been my opinion.  The core set still has alot of power tools.

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2020 at 2:51 PM, Gunner070 said:

Hi everyone,

I started getting into the game just as WFH started a couple months ago. Since then, I've ended up getting just about every cycle that's out, except for one: Carcosa. I hear it's a favorite among vets and I did get the Deluxe but some of the packs (notably, but not limited to, Echoes of the Past) are hard to find and I've yet to get any until I can secure all 6. I'll admit I've been out of the FFG circles for a while so I ask if reprints or restocks is a thing I could look forward to, or are we just SOL? Thanks!

On 6/18/2020 at 8:40 AM, Scrumpie said:

Please, guys, print more cards!!

I don’t know if you have looked on Amazon. Some of the packs and base expansions that FFG has out of stock, are there, for about the same price. Between FFG and Amazon, it looks like you can get all of Dunwich, Forgotten Age, Circle Undone, and Dream Eaters. Not a complete Carcosa unfortunately, but it wasn’t that long ago that Dunwich’s Mythos packs weren’t all available and now they are, so they are definitely reprinting. 

Edited by Mimi61

Yeah, I'm just bummed I can't play Carcosa. I've played every campaign a couple times now, so I'm just looking for a new story.

Amazon is the first place I go to, then FFG and Team Covenant. I'm on the wait list for the missing pack on TC but I'm not holding my breath. Ultimately, I'm just looking to see if FFG announces the reprints or if they just happen and get shipped to distributors without an announcement.

On 7/1/2020 at 5:12 PM, Gunner070 said:

Yeah, I'm just bummed I can't play Carcosa. I've played every campaign a couple times now, so I'm just looking for a new story.

Amazon is the first place I go to, then FFG and Team Covenant. I'm on the wait list for the missing pack on TC but I'm not holding my breath. Ultimately, I'm just looking to see if FFG announces the reprints or if they just happen and get shipped to distributors without an announcement.

It’s on EBay. The expansion and all six mythos packs brand new, but not cheap. There is also Dim Carcosa and Black Stars Rise separately, but they are expensive too. It’s a bummer, because it’s a good one! 

How long has it been since Carcosa packs were available? How long (pre-covid) did it generally take for restocks to happen? Im really hoping to get this cycle. I'm ok waiting, just hoping that they have not decided to stop printing these packs all together.

Posted (edited)

I remember that some Dunwich packs (particularly The Misaktonic Museum) went out of stock around the start of this year. I think it took about 2 months or so before they were available again. I'm not sure if that's still a good estimate given potential disruption due to Covid but it's the best recent example I can think of.

Edited by Assussanni

I feel your pain. I had just gotten a few scenarios into Carcosa when the world imploded. I was able to track down all the packs except Black Stars Rise, and there’s some deep visceral revulsion that keeps me from ponying up $75 on eBay for it... 😒

1 hour ago, jrkovach said:

I feel your pain. I had just gotten a few scenarios into Carcosa when the world imploded. I was able to track down all the packs except Black Stars Rise, and there’s some deep visceral revulsion that keeps me from ponying up $75 on eBay for it... 😒

It looks like Boardgame Geek has 2 copies in English, but they’d be shipping from Italy €15 and €16.  If shipping is free, that’s a lot less than $75! 

I lucked out and got all content for Carcosa except the last mythos pack "Dim carcosa" here in Sweden and after three days of looking through the entire internet I just managed to find an english version of the mythos pack on Amazon.dk. for roughly $45. I bought it immediately seeing there where only 2 copies left.
I bit pricey but it seems like the cards are out of stock all over the world.