Sign in to follow this  
xero989

AMM, mighty Agatey

I love Agate on the MC80-AC, Brace or Salvo depending on what your opponent has put on the table, and deck it out. I still take ECMs, because I like adding Strategic Advisor or Intel Officer, depending on how I build it out, instead of Walex. 

With Intel Officer, I really like adding a Salvo and using HTTs or LTTs, Agate + the D Retros have the defenses in a good spot, so I feel you can focus a bit more on offense. 

With Stategic Advisor, I can justify having Defiance a bit more and use QBTs for those two extra die. 

Standards on both Agate MC80-ACs have been Engine Techs and Leading Shots. Defiance makes it onto both builds a lot. I still haven't made up my mind on EWS vs. RBD vs. AP. 

I like to run  a full 134 points if Rogues with this setup, my problem has been finding a good support ship. Neb-B, Hammerheads have all performed sub-par. Going to try a TRC-CR90 next and try to use her as more of a flanker, and I think there might be some worth in trying to fit an IF! Pelta in, especially if you're trying the first build with Salvo. 

Mostly agree with you. Agate makes a ship tougher, and the points investment are best added to an already expensive ship.

The biggest question for me is whether the Starhawk is good enough for its points with a different commander?

And then, does a 400pt fleet using 2 Hawks work?

I enjoyed your article, thanks for sharing your thoughts....some interesting build options. I haven't tried Agate with all the ships and after reading you I think I'll try her on a Pelta with some bombers!