Sign in to follow this  
Clucas

Defense interrupts

Hi 

when in the villian attack can i play desperate defend? Is it when i declare to defend with my hero og can i wait until damage is about to be dealt

so do i have to play it in pkt 2 in villian attack or in pkt 4 

thx hope its understandeble 😊

Posted (edited)

You play it when you declare/exhaust your hero to defend i.e before you reveal any boost cards for the villain's attack.

Edit: At least, that's when I play it.

Edited by Janaka

56 minutes ago, Janaka said:

You play it when you declare/exhaust your hero to defend i.e before you reveal any boost cards for the villain's attack.

Edit: At least, that's when I play it.

Can confirm this is (what I’ve been told is) the correct answer.

"When an enemy makes an attack, the players have the option to defend against the attack. There are a few different ways this can occur:

• A hero can use their basic defense power to defend against an attack. A hero must exhaust to use this power. The amount of damage dealt by the attack is reduced by the hero’s DEF value, and any remaining damage is dealt to the defending hero.

• An ally can exhaust to defend against an attack. Damage from the attack is dealt to the ally.

• If a player defends an attack (against another player) with a hero or ally they control, that player becomes the new target of the attack.

• If no hero or ally is used to defend the attack, then the attack is considered undefended.

• If a triggered ability is labeled as a defense—such as “Hero Action (defense)”—that ability can only be resolved by a player while they are the target of an attack." (Rules Reference P5-6)

Posted (edited)

As far as I can tell you dont have to defend (exhaust) to use Shield Block if the Villain is already attacking you.  You just have to be the target of the attack.  Even in an undefended attack you are still the target of the attack.

Edited by IceHot42