So @shmitty Do you think they could relase info of the card pack during that event. I mean with upgrade cards they could throw in some Last Jedi stuff like Rey and Holdo cards to give something to the exsisting factions. Imagine a rebel Finn in a tie figther. Admiral Holdo would be fantastic. And Maybe with the dial pack they could include charater dials. Or maybe even a Porg dial .  

13 hours ago, shmitty said:

Hah!

I interviewed the FFG founder at GenCon a few years ago.  He told me they considered GenCon to be FFG’s Super Bowl .  They make most of their biggest announcements each year at their “In-Flight Report”.  

Each year GenCon is also where FFG likes to display the new Armada models for the first time.  Wave 8 last year, SSD the year before, etc.  

I can’t imagine them not announcing and displaying the Clone Wars Armada ships at GenCon based on their past history.  

It’ll all just be virtually this year. 

I remember an unforgivable hyperspace report, was that on GenCon too?

9 hours ago, Reavern said:

Why do you close-minded sheep "think" that it's Sophie's Choice? It has to be one or the other?

Why not both!?

Are you naysayers so unimaginative that it never occurred to you that FFG could reveal Clone Wars Armada on their website before GenCon, and still showcase Clone Wars Armada at GenCon and do all their usual interviews, previews, and panel discussions about those upcoming Armada expansions?

Do you have all have goldfish memories? Are you all ignorant of the facts about when FFG has made Star Wars Armada announcements in the past?

Any of you lemmings remember the Star Wars Armada Wave 1 Announcement on November 10, 2014?

Archive  10 November 2014 | Star Wars: Armada

Expand Your Fleet

Announcing the First Wave of Expansions for STAR WARS (TM): Armada

armada-wave1-title-image.jpg

“The fleet will be here any moment.”
    –Leia Organa

Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce the upcoming release of the first wave of Star Wars ™: Armada expansion packs!

Hmmmmm... November 10, 2014. That's not GenCon. And yet the Wave 1 announcement still made news on other websites.

tenor.gif?itemid=4559243

What about FFG's Star Wars Armada Wave 2's announcement?

6 April 2015 | Star Wars: Armada

Here They Come

Announcing the Second Wave of Expansions for Star Wars™: Armada

armada-wave2-title-image.jpg

"Only the fighters are attacking… I wonder what those Star Destroyers are waiting for."
     –Lando Calrissian

Those Imperial-class Star Destroyers aren't waiting any longer… They're coming in the second wave of expansion packs for Star Wars™: Armada!

Imperial-class Star Destroyers, MC80 Mon Calamari cruisers, Raider-class corvettes, Slave I, the Millennium Falcon, and more! They're all coming in Armada Wave II, and the shots these ships will fire are bound to shape the course of the Galactic Civil War.

• Imperial-class Star Destroyer Expansion Pack
  • MC30c Frigate Expansion Pack
  • Home One Expansion Pack
  • Rogues and Villains Expansion Pack
  • Imperial Raider Expansion Pack

Wave II wasn't announced at GenCon either.

giphy.gif

It wasn't even that long ago that a new Star Wars Armada expansion wasn't announced at GenCon. I only had to go back to FFG's announcement of the Chimaera and Profundity expansions on August 25, 2017.

25 August 2017 | Star Wars: Armada

The Grand Admiral Arrives

Announcing the Seventh Wave of Expansions for Star Wars™: Armada

swm29-30_wave7.png

"I will start my operations here, and pull the rebels apart piece by piece. They'll be the architects of their own destruction."
     –Grand Admiral Thrawn

Two of the Star Wars galaxy's greatest admirals join the heated fleet battles of Star Wars™: Armada with the game's seventh wave of expansions.

Even as its new ships, squadrons, and upgrades blast their way onto the battlefield, Armada Wave VII provides two new commanders—one Rebel and one Imperial—who are both more than capable of leading their forces to victory.

Rebel players gain the services of the blunt and pragmatic Admiral Raddus, whose leadership ensured the Rebellion successfully retrieved the Death Star plans from Scarif, and fans of the Galactic Empire can savor the long-awaited arrival of Grand Admiral Thrawn!

• Chimaera Expansion Pack
  • Profundity Expansion Pack

But 2018, that's in the distant past. What about more recent announcements from FFG?

The Padme Amidala and Cad Bane operative expansions and ARC Trooper and BX Commando Droids unit expansions for Star Wars Legion, which were all announced on February 11th, 2020.

Or the most recent X-Wing expansions announced on January 8th, 2020.

I can't help but notice that none of those announcements took place during GenCon.

65539760.jpg

All of this information and evidence has been readily available. But you close-minded sheep scoffed at the idea of FFG announcing Clone Wars Armada before GenCon 2020, just because FFG announced the Super Star Destroyer expansion at GenCon 2018 and the Starhawk and Onager expansions at GenCon 2019.

So apparently, FFG is forever locked into this 2 year-old "tradition" and they're not allowed to announce Star Wars Armada expansions at any other time of year. 🙄

Meanwhile, you baaing sheep criticized me for challenging this fabricated tradition and for suggesting that FFG could announce Clone Wars Armada before GenCon 2020.

x0pvEKZDJb2qzd_EitdQtB3rBih2-BLj3HMo0zcw  

You still have to help through your point cause it is either you think FFG should do that or you think FFG is going to do that.

The first it's just an opinion (and therefore means a ****) no matter how well you think is founded. Thanks for sharing once.

The second is a fact that cannot be proven until FFG actually do one thing or the other. Though it must be said it seems they chose to not agree with you as they announced one event but not the other. But hey! everyone can dream and there's still a month inbetween.

26 minutes ago, Irishmadcat said:

So @shmitty Do you think they could relase info of the card pack during that event. I mean with upgrade cards they could throw in some Last Jedi stuff like Rey and Holdo cards to give something to the exsisting factions. Imagine a rebel Finn in a tie figther. Admiral Holdo would be fantastic. And Maybe with the dial pack they could include charater dials. Or maybe even a Porg dial .  

Finn is not rebel, he is resistance. Same scum but without hope to build on. xD 

28 minutes ago, Irishmadcat said:

YES!

I'm really hoping that we get two new factions though.  I would love to have a commander with Holdo's ability.  Maybe a super powerful attack at extreme range, late-game.

1 minute ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

YES!

I'm really hoping that we get two new factions though.  I would love to have a commander with Holdo's ability.  Maybe a super powerful attack at extreme range, late-game.

Why extreme range? It was definitely a mele attack, or at least the closest thing to mele for spaceships.

9 hours ago, bkcammack said:

I don’t know. He’s got a rather abrasive personality. And he always thinks he knows more than anyone else. And he thinks he’s better than everyone. He can get rather annoying. 

You just described C-3P0.

And L3-3T.

And... wait a minute... 🤔

9 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

You just described C-3P0.

And L3-3T.

And... wait a minute... 🤔

Yes. Most talking droids could benefit from a Milford Academy education. 

50 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

You still have to help through your point cause it is either you think FFG should do that or you think FFG is going to do that.

The first it's just an opinion (and therefore means a ****) no matter how well you think is founded. Thanks for sharing once.

The second is a fact that cannot be proven until FFG actually do one thing or the other. Though it must be said it seems they chose to not agree with you as they announced one event but not the other. But hey! everyone can dream and there's still a month inbetween.

This is unintelligible. This reads like it was written in another language and then run through Google Translate.

Regardless, my point was that the sycophantic sheep on this forum dismiss my contention that FFG could reveal Clone Wars Armada before GenCon for BS reasons like “GenCon is when FFG always announces new products” or “it’s ridiculous to reveal Clone Wars Armada on FFG’s site and not at GenCon”. I’ve effectively debunked those myths with incontrovertible evidence that:

1. FFG has announced/revealed previous Waves for Armada at other dates than GenCon;
  2. If FFG did reveal CWA before GenCon, there’s no reason why they couldn’t or wouldn’t showcase CWA at GenCon anyway, because FFG always shows previously revealed and released Armada/Legion/X-Wing products at GenCon.

So yes, it is my opinion that FFG should reveal Clone Wars Armada before GenCon, and it’s an opinion that others could have agreed with and supported, and if enough people petitioned FFG about revealing CWA earlier than GenCon, it could happen.

Instead, the sycophantic sheep on this forum reacted outraged that I even suggested the idea, because how dare anyone question FFG or post ideas and suggestions on a forum. 🙄

@ovinomanc3r I think it’s really cool how you learned English as a second language and now are able to participate in discussions with the greater community in a common language. Sure some grammar is rough, but you don’t come across as a raving lunatic with giant walls of text so that’s cool

1 minute ago, MandalorianMoose said:

@ovinomanc3r I think it’s really cool how you learned English as a second language and now are able to participate in discussions with the greater community in a common language. Sure some grammar is rough, but you don’t come across as a raving lunatic with giant walls of text so that’s cool

It’s not my problem that you’re functionally illiterate and can’t handle reading anything longer than a tweet.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

I know that the current hype is all about the Clone wars (with good reason) but having First Order and Resistance would be so great.  I would love to know what plans FFG has for Commander Rey.  It would be super cool if she had some sort of link if she was facing Commander Kylo.

Rey is super cool. I like how she really developed her survival and combat skills while abandoned on Jakku. Much more believable than just being “born with the power” like Mary Sue Luke and Anakin

Edited by MandalorianMoose

3 minutes ago, MandalorianMoose said:

Rey is super cool. I like how she really developed her survival and combat skills while abandoned on Jakku. Much more believable than just being “born with the power” like Mary Sue Luke and Anakin

Or how about Millennium Falcon Rey? Lando and Han are so overrated anyway.